When will the fan come on?
Fan comes on 203-214 degrees F.
When will the temperate idiot light come on?
Light comes on 236-238 degrees F.
What is the PSI rating of the radiator cap?
The Service Manual says the ZRX cap is rated at 14 ~ 18 psi and the system is rated at 18 psi. This way, the cap will open before the system (radiator, hoses, etc) blow open.
Water Temperature Gauge Inspection (ZR1200B)
1. remove the fuel tank
2. pull of the water temperature sensor connector (picture)
ddk: look at your radiator cap, back from the radiator cap is a bleeder bolt (nipple), back from the bleeder bolt is the water temperature sensor connector (white/yellow wire)
3. Prepare the auxiliary wire and the operation of the gauge
ddk: the "auxiliary wire" could be a wire that's already there and laying unused for this test or it could be a user added wire to ground for use in this test. Can anyone confirm?
Water Temperature Gauge Operation check
Ignition Switch Position: ON
Wire Location: Female, Sensor Connector (disconnected)
o gauge should read C when connector wire is opened
o gauge should read H when connector wire is grounded to engine
* CAUTION * Do not ground the wiring longer than necessary. After the needle swings to the H position, stop the test. Otherwise the gauge could be damaged.
* If the gauge readings are correct, the water temperature sensor is bad. If these readings are not obtained, the trouble is with the gauge or wiring
* Check the water temperature gauge circuit wiring
* If all wiring and components other than the water temperature gauge unit check out good, the unit is defective