+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    My Perfect Storm

    Well this isn't easy for me, but hear goes.....

    Back in July I had a bad pain in my upper abdomen and I ignored it for a day or so, it never subsided and I told my wife if it's not gone tomorrow morning I am going in. I go in and got an extended stay for a few days. Turns out I needed to have an emergency appendectomy. Doc told me that from the scans it was in the wrong place and that my pain location was not normal. He said from the scans it looked really enlarged and nasty and it was ready rupture and that I was going in for surgery right away.

    I have the surgery and spend a few days in the hospital, meanwhile doc comes in and tells me that it was the largest most inflamed appendix he's ever seen and that I was lucky I came in when I did as had I continued to wait it would of burst and could of killed me. I was released from the joint after a few days and spent the next week in bed, with most days only waking to eat and use the restroom.

    I ended up returning to the hospital two more times with pain in my chest. Understand I am a jarhead and I don't do doctors so for me to go to the doctor three times in 10 days is a World Record. All tests come back good and they have no idea what's wrong with me............all the while I keep telling the surgeon something's wrong with my leg. The top of my entire left leg was completely numb. They couldn't figure out why. It stayed that way for 6 weeks and took a full 6 weeks to recover to be able to bend and flex and get into bed with no issues.

    I tell you that story because I am the guy that works so hard all the time that I create my own luck. I always have a plan and I execute! Since that surgery my entire world has changed, it was a turning point and it seemed to upset the balance in my world. The last 5 months coupled with what appears to be a declining economy has really taken it's toll and I can't seem to catch a break. It's been like a perfect storm of shit to knock me off balance. So with that I am making major changes in the business to reduce the stress level and the amount of logistics that is involved. We are changing everything about the Sparks business and we are going to go back to focusing on Pulse Performance machining (this is good for you guys), which is what I started this business for in the first place. Going back to my roots and trying to regain clarity and life balance.

    So with that I am not one who asks for help and I definitely don't want any hand outs. I just want to work and sell parts. Business is fine we have just hit a few hiccups so with that if you are in need of any of my parts/products it would be greatly received at this time and point. I have put sale pricing on everything to help maybe entice you to purchase. Of course I can't lower the triple clamps prices so low that it screws the people who just bought.

    So anything helps and is appreciated and will help me get back on track.

    As always thanks gents!

    I take ACH, CC and PayPal

    pulseperformanceparts@gmail.com

    ZRX Billet Eccentrics $140 Shipped (10 sets)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...et-160-Shipped

    ZRX/ZX14 Complete Billet Triple Clamps 50/54mm Conversion w/All Hardware $725 Shipped Black (3 sets) 1 Blem Set Black ($600 Shipped)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...on-350-shipped
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...on-350-Shipped

    ZRX/ZX14 Top Billet Triple Clamp 50mm (Top Only) w/All Hardware $300 Shipped Silver (1 Available)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...on-350-shipped

    Complete Billet Triple Clamp 43mm w/All Hardware $725 Shipped Silver (3 sets)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...es-775-Shipped

    Top Triple Clamp (Top Only) 43mm w/All Hardware $300 Shipped Silver (1 Available)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...es-775-Shipped

    Breather Covers $60 Shipped (11 black/3 silver)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...-With-Teds-Kit

    Oil Filter Covers W/Drain Plug $45 Shipped (9 black/4 silver)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...lug-48-Shipped

    Lowering Links $100 Shipped (10/1 Blem $75 Shipped)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...ks-125-shipped

    Slave Cylinder Spacers $18 Shipped (21 silver)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...-22.50-Shipped

    Weld In Shock Mounts $60 Shipped (3 silver)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...-67.50-Shipped

    Speedo Adapter $90 Shipped (9 black/3 silver)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...it-100-SHIPPED

    License Plate Frame Powder Coated Black, No Engravings $40 shipped (11 in stock)
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...e+plate+frames

  2. #2
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, AL

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Scott I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through the past few months. It's extremely tough for someone like yourself who owns their own business and is needed to help produce the revenue to keep it rolling.

    Well the silver lining here is your back at it and have made direction on hoe to keep this rolling. Prayers are for you, your family and your business... Sometimes we go down before we go up so with all you have to offer I'm sure UP is close at hand

    Thoughts and prayers your way... I wish you all the best in both health and business

    Wayne

  3. #3
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shiny Side Up ^

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    I'm so glad that you survived the medical storm and are coming out the other side!!! Hang in there buddy!!! All The Best!!!
    Big Harry

    "As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

  4. #4
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by BAMA-ZRX View Post
    Scott I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through the past few months. It's extremely tough for someone like yourself who owns their own business and is needed to help produce the revenue to keep it rolling.

    Well the silver lining here is your back at it and have made direction on hoe to keep this rolling. Prayers are for you, your family and your business... Sometimes we go down before we go up so with all you have to offer I'm sure UP is close at hand

    Thoughts and prayers your way... I wish you all the best in both health and business

    Wayne
    Thanks Wayne, I appreciate your words.......sometimes just saying it releases enough pressure to move forward.

  5. #5
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Savannah, GA

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Very sorry to hear Scott! Have you considered putting these items up on EBay and other venues like FB Market place? I know some of them are very specific ZRX but some might be compatible with other models. Those other venues may reach a wider audience and get some cash flow in.

    Cory
    '99 ZRX (Green) #8998
    '76 KZ900
    '08 Concours 1400

  6. #6
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, AL

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Stites View Post
    Thanks Wayne, I appreciate your words.......sometimes just saying it releases enough pressure to move forward.
    So true!

    We hope there isn't a next time... but if there is, we need to know at the start. Pride is good to have but you have a family here who cares for you, so next time big or small we expect to know from the get go

    Good Luck and Best Wishes

    Wayne

  7. #7
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFun View Post
    Very sorry to hear Scott! Have you considered putting these items up on EBay and other venues like FB Market place? I know some of them are very specific ZRX but some might be compatible with other models. Those other venues may reach a wider audience and get some cash flow in.

    Cory
    I probably need to re-post on the ZRX FB pages......never thought about posting them on Market Place, they are listed on eBay.

    Thanks brother

  8. #8
    The Green Widowmaker
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Shakopee, MN

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    I got one of Scott's ZRX Parking signs a few years ago, and he was great to do business with. I just ordered a USD conversion kit from him for a great price, and once again, prompt service! Thanks Scott.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    i gave him a stupid look and said that 'tricks are for kids' and i'd rather stunt his mom and walked out...

    Formerly known as Racer5349...........a fool by any other name is still a fool.

  9. #9
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_B View Post
    I got one of Scott's ZRX Parking signs a few years ago, and he was great to do business with. I just ordered a USD conversion kit from him for a great price, and once again, prompt service! Thanks Scott.
    Thanks Jimmy I appreciate the kind words, your parts will ship Monday!!

  10. #10
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Thanks for the moral support gents and yesterdayís orders.

    Itís been a rough go, but I have a new plan in place that I am very excited about!!

    More machines are in my future, including a lathe so we can do titanium

  11. #11
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cincinnati

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    I'll take a set of the Billet Eccentrics , I'll send $$ shortly


    Thanks and take care of your self.
    01 ZRX 1200 green
    00 ZRX 1100 black
    12 C14 connie red
    2003 KLX 400
    2004 CRF100
    2008 CRF100
    2016 300 Ninja
    2017 Z125 Pro
    " Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

    " That which you manifest is before you " Enzo

    ZRXOA# 8746

  12. #12
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    I'll take a set of the Billet Eccentrics , I'll send $$ shortly


    Thanks and take care of your self.

    Thanks brother!!

  13. #13
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

  14. #14
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cincinnati

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Stites View Post
    Steiny 9405509699938864692805
    01 ZRX 1200 green
    00 ZRX 1100 black
    12 C14 connie red
    2003 KLX 400
    2004 CRF100
    2008 CRF100
    2016 300 Ninja
    2017 Z125 Pro
    " Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

    " That which you manifest is before you " Enzo

    ZRXOA# 8746

  15. #15
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Scott,

    Sorry to hear about the health challenges. I have bought many parts from you over the years, and have always been very happy with the parts and customer service.

    I'm glad you are over the worst of it and getting things back to normal.
    Sending you positive thoughts, and I hope that things continue to improve in all areas of your life.

    Inshan

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Inshan View Post
    Scott,

    Sorry to hear about the health challenges. I have bought many parts from you over the years, and have always been very happy with the parts and customer service.

    I'm glad you are over the worst of it and getting things back to normal.
    Sending you positive thoughts, and I hope that things continue to improve in all areas of your life.

    Inshan

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Inshan,

    Thanks for the business over the years and kind words. I have found just saying it and coming clean is a big relief

  17. #17
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Snohomish, WA

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Geez Scott, I wish I had known this when I started bugging you about my license plate frame a day or two ago.
    Sorry for the extra stress!

    I still want it but take your time amigo.

    I hope you get all of the health issues worked out, I hope you don't mind if I say a prayer or two for you.

    Steve
    You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office.


    Steve

    ZRXOA #6575

  18. #18
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Geez Scott, I wish I had known this when I started bugging you about my license plate frame a day or two ago.
    Sorry for the extra stress!

    I still want it but take your time amigo.

    I hope you get all of the health issues worked out, I hope you don't mind if I say a prayer or two for you.

    Steve
    You didnít bother me brother, thanks for the words and thoughts!

    I am coming back stronger than ever!

  19. #19
    President of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Scott, so sorry about all this but so happy they caught it in time before it was life threatening.

    You have our prayers and thoughts for no more doctors (youíre too young to deal with this crap!) and a good uptick in business to make sure you and your family are good to go.

    Thanks for sharing and we all care about you a ton.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

    CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

    2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

  20. #20
    Stuffed Up
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane QLD, Australia

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Sorry to hear Scott - if you can price me up shipping to Australia (QLD, 4053) on your lovely eccentrics I'll PP the cash today!
    #10079

    2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

  21. #21
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Thanks Gents......I appreciate the words

    PM sent Diggs

  22. #22
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_B View Post
    I got one of Scott's ZRX Parking signs a few years ago, and he was great to do business with. I just ordered a USD conversion kit from him for a great price, and once again, prompt service! Thanks Scott.
    Thanks James here is your tracking info

    USPS 9406109699939399465385

  23. #23
    Stuffed Up
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane QLD, Australia

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Stites View Post
    Thanks Gents......I appreciate the words

    PM sent Diggs
    Payment made (sorry for being a bit late) and PM sent. All the best buddy!
    #10079

    2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

  24. #24
    I Make Stuff for Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nevada

    Re: My Perfect Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Payment made (sorry for being a bit late) and PM sent. All the best buddy!
    Thanks brother already shipped!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB