+ Reply to Thread
    New, but just to this Board

Slip on Canister Recommendations

Hi ZRXOA. Looking for some collective experience from fellow ZRX riders. Have had my 2000 ZRX 1100 since May. My bike is stock and is incredibly quiet on the road and I know people just do not hear me while I am around them. Looked at a Kerker pipe, however it appears to be enormously expensive to buy and have fitted. Is there a suitable slip on canister that I can consider that will not break the bank, increase my noise presence, and not require me to re-jet the carbs? Not necessarily looking for increased performance. Appreciate any experience and or wisdom that can be shared is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Slip on Canister Recommendations

No slip on cans require re-jetting as that's not the primary restriction in the exhaust. I'm not sure who still makes slip-on cans for our bikes but occasionally some come up for sale used

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
    Eric
    2001 Black ZRX 1200

BadAss Hooligan

Yoshimura RS-3 bolt-ons are quite nice. Well made and sound nice.
    Akrapovic comes up less often, but they too made a nice bolt on.

They come up on the board every now and then used and you could probably get lucky posting in the "Wanted Parts" forum.

There are some minimal jetting changes you can do to maximize performance, but most folks with bolt-ons are not HP junkies in the first place. Plug and play works too and should still leave you with a fine running zrx.

BadAss Hooligan

The 1100 takes a bolt on, it has an ugly heavy flange at the end of its mid pipe. Could be you’re just using the generic term slip on.

I had a carbon straight through muffler bolted on the standard headers on my 1100 in the early days, with slightly larger main jets and it still shot a beautiful 1 foot flame out of the end of the muffler on hard deceleration.

There is an aftermarket bolt on muffler for sale on the board currently for about $250 I think.

Full systems are regularly advertised from $600 to infinity and beyond.

If I was starting again I would definitely go a full system and jet kit to wake the bike up and wake the cagers up.

Good luck

Acceleration - 1109JE pistons, ZX11 Cams & rockers, ported head, CNC Valve job, CVK40 carbs, F/Pro kit, Tsukigi exhaust, dyna ignition, Ape clutch,
    Handling - ZX14 front end, and clutch, ZX6 swingarm, ZX10 wheels, brembo rc19 master, braided lines, Works shocks,
    Bling - Custom radiator, trainlight with HID, Jason bar end mirrors, dickstand & pulsar cover, Poshfaith sprocket cover, Sgt seat, Teds battery out, Mark444 S/S Kit..

BadAss Hooligan

If you wanna make some NOISE. Pop on a D&D can. 'Wake The Dead' loud.
    Seriously - post up what you need in the Parts Wanted section.

Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

I did recently discover a Kerker bolt-on can for an 1100 in the garage. PM me if interested.
    "with all deliberate speed"

Licensed to Mod

Holeshot sounds great on my bike, may still have some available. http://www.holeshot.com/kawasaki/zrx...oleshot-slipon
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1999 Buell S3
    2008 Can Am Spyder (sold)
    2001 HD Road King (sold)
    2005 HD Ultra Classic (sold)
    2002 HD Heritage Softail Classic (sold)
    1995 HD Sportster 1200 (sold)
    1987 Kawasaki ZL1000 (sold)
    1983 Honda CB1100F (sold)
    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 (sold)
    1972 Kawasaki H2 750 (sold)
    1973 Kawasaki F7 175 (sold)

BadAss Hooligan

in the voice of Mr.T - I pitty da fool who buys D&D can - that is a sound only few can love from my exp. w one imho

Heck find any bolt on muzzy or ? and maybe play with amount of insulation for the noise?

D&D was , for me, so loud and raspy , even w/ear plugs it ruined the ride , but hey- maybe you might dig it

BadAss Hooligan
    causing trouble near Milton, Ontario, Canada

fwiw I installed a bolt on with standard jetting and found I lost a not huge but noticeable amount of the bottom end I enjoyed so much. I understand that what is called a stage 1 will restore it,
    I did not bother rejetting the bolt on but rather purchased a full akropovic exhaust with a FP 2.5 jetting package.
    This made all the difference both in weight loss for improved handling acceleration and braking and a significant improvement in performance
    I know you just wanted to be heard However, I would definitely suggest looking into rejetting if you do a bolt on
    I would however recommend saving up your pesos to get a full system with either the FP 2.5 or at the same time going pods and either the dyro jet 3.0 or talking to Ivan about his jetting kit.
    it is worth the wait
    My 2 cents (Canadian)
    Jp
    Johnnie Phatt
    Head honcho of project
    Rise of the Phoenix

bring Dave if you must....Perko

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXFriedrich View Post
    ......D&D was , for me, so loud and raspy, even w/ear plugs it ruined the ride , but hey- maybe you might dig it
    I repacked my D&D which reduced the nasty noise by 1/2 and made the resulting sound much more mellow.
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Hooligan

I have a Yoshi RS3 Carbon can on mine. I rode it like that for a while then decided to rid it of the boat anchor so I bought a BW header and the Yoshi can bolted right up to it. I like the sound, not too loud but it can be heard.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXFriedrich View Post
    in the voice of Mr.T - I pitty da fool who buys D&D can - that is a sound only few can love from my exp. w one imho

Heck find any bolt on muzzy or ? and maybe play with amount of insulation for the noise?

D&D was , for me, so loud and raspy , even w/ear plugs it ruined the ride , but hey- maybe you might dig it
    I had a d&d can on my bw header and on the stock header and it wasn't wake the dead loud. Still far quieter than no can at all

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
    Eric
    2001 Black ZRX 1200