+ Reply to Thread
    Hooligan

About 14 Years Later - I'm Back

I had a nice blue 2003 1200 I bought new off the dealer's floor in Phoenix. A couple of years later, a 40' tall eucalyptus tree fell on it during an overnight storm, and the bike did not survive. I faked the funk and bought a KLR650 to try to fill the void in my life (haha) but sold it after finding out that the bike that could do everything didn't do anything really well. In the meantime, my bitchin' Shoei helmet in bright, and I do mean bright orange disappeared, as in stolen. It really seemed like the lows had set in. I always longed for my blue ZRX1200R, completely stock. Not caring which color was faster, I just knew another blue one had to fall back my way.

And it appears it has. A 61 year old duffer in Texas has decided to part with his 2nd owner, sub 11,000 mile blue 2003 in stock condition. The bike movers should pick it up within a week or so and roughly, I mean carefully, bring it to me, now located on the far eastern edge of the Phoenix, AZ area.

I couldn't even remember the name of this forum, but it came up in a search. I DID remember my sign-on and password, somehow, and here I am. Looking forward to dropping in again. I'll post some pictures after this clone of the original drops on in here. Good to be back.

Gotta order up a new helmet. Darn Shoei apparently decided that selling about 5 bright orange helmets per year wasn't sustainable, so it's no longer available, but they do make it in matte, sort of. I tell you what, that color was the single biggest difference in how traffic behaved around me. The thing was so visible, it was almost painful to stare at it in the direct sunlight. A co-rider on a group ride once told me to never get rid of it, as I was easily the most visible rider in the group. But I digress. This was supposed to be about the bike, durnnit!

John B.
    '03 ZRX1200R Blue (2nd one)
    '04 Cadillac XLR
    '95 Mitsubishi Montero SR
    '87 Dodge Raider 2.6 turbo
    '83 Dodge Power Ram 50

BadAss Hooligan

Re: About 14 Years Later - I'm Back

Welcome back, and the blue ones are definitely the fastest
    My other rides:
    1968 Harley Davidson XLH
    1986 Honda V65 Magna 1100
    1985 Honda V45 Magna 700
    2001 Harley Electra Glide 124" S&S
    2005 Honda CR450F

Formerly "Sperera88"

I love those bright orange Shoei's! They were my favorite. And I was sad when they replaced them with high-viz yellow. I'm back to wearing the plain white ones.

Life comes in cycles, so its nice to see someone returning. Yes, I've ridden many bikes but this one is still the one that does it for me too!

avtech3d

Welcome back. Some locals are try to get some Rexer's out to the Pavillions this Sat.
    Member #9225
    99 ZRX1100

Born In The USA

Welcome back!
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

President of the ZRXOA

Welcome back and congrats on the new bike John.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

President Emeritus

Welcome back

BadAss Hooligan

Awesome. Those blue ones are beautiful.

I love a happy ending.
    Go for a ride. Take it easy.

BadAss Hooligan

Cool............

Post some photos when you can rockon

Legal Eagle

Welcome back (Kotter)

Here's some good prices on RF1200s :

https://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/...clearance+sale

BadAss Hooligan

Name:  WELCOM-BACK_zps219fc524.gif
Views: 172
Size:  606.1 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Thinking, So You Don't Have To
    The Inland Empire (not as ominous as it sounds)

Nice pickup on the bike. Welcome back and have fun modding the new REX.
    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, American patriot.

"Red is faster of course" 8/5/19 Ca Pete acknowledges the obvious.

Super Moderator
    I is Approving Stuff

Welcome back.. and congratulations on finding that special ONE...

Sometimes I forget people can see me make the jerk off motion when they're talking to me...

Father Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
    I had a nice blue 2003 1200 I bought new off the dealer's floor in Phoenix. A couple of years later, a 40' tall eucalyptus tree fell on it during an overnight storm, and the bike did not survive. I faked the funk and bought a KLR650 to try to fill the void in my life (haha) but sold it after finding out that the bike that could do everything didn't do anything really well. In the meantime, my bitchin' Shoei helmet in bright, and I do mean bright orange disappeared, as in stolen. It really seemed like the lows had set in. I always longed for my blue ZRX1200R, completely stock. Not caring which color was faster, I just knew another blue one had to fall back my way.

And it appears it has. A 61 year old duffer in Texas has decided to part with his 2nd owner, sub 11,000 mile blue 2003 in stock condition. The bike movers should pick it up within a week or so and roughly, I mean carefully, bring it to me, now located on the far eastern edge of the Phoenix, AZ area.

I couldn't even remember the name of this forum, but it came up in a search. I DID remember my sign-on and password, somehow, and here I am. Looking forward to dropping in again. I'll post some pictures after this clone of the original drops on in here. Good to be back.

Gotta order up a new helmet. Darn Shoei apparently decided that selling about 5 bright orange helmets per year wasn't sustainable, so it's no longer available, but they do make it in matte, sort of. I tell you what, that color was the single biggest difference in how traffic behaved around me. The thing was so visible, it was almost painful to stare at it in the direct sunlight. A co-rider on a group ride once told me to never get rid of it, as I was easily the most visible rider in the group. But I digress. This was supposed to be about the bike, durnnit!

John B.
    Welcome back home my son. While we've missed you we have patiently awaited your return. And now here it is.

Since your Shoei helmet days Shoei has relentlessly improved their helmets. If it has truly been that long then see if you can get your melon into one of their RF1200's. They're simply awesome.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

I wondered where you went! Thank goodness yer back, yer gonna enjoy that Yamaha!

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

BadAss Hooligan
    causing trouble near Milton, Ontario, Canada

See if you can find a boat racing site They use the orange helmets to try to find racers if they crash or tip
    Johnnie Phatt
    Head honcho of project
    Rise of the Phoenix

bring Dave if you must....Perko

BadAss Hooligan

Welcome back!!! I dropped out for a few years as well but got my former Blue ZRX back with 10k more on the clock I bet yours don’t stay stock long,,,,,,

Hooligan

What's wrong with stock? Bahaha. We'll see.

John B.
    '03 ZRX1200R Blue (2nd one)
    '04 Cadillac XLR
    '95 Mitsubishi Montero SR
    '87 Dodge Raider 2.6 turbo
    '83 Dodge Power Ram 50

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Welcome back, and the blue ones are definitely the fastest
    Blue might be the fastest but not fast enough to get out of the way of a falling tree! Good to see that you found a bike the helps you get your soul free again.
    Last edited by steve king; 10-25-2019 at 06:57 AM. Reason: grammar was wrong

2009 Hooligan of the year

Back just in time for the national rally in a few months!

Welcome back to the madness.

BadAss Hooligan

Little late to be the welcome wagon for you but I'm glad your back As you know bunch of wonderful people here and it doesn't require to own a ZRX but just love one and it's members

Glad to see you found what you wanted as I'm sure you know the blue ones are hard to find and one not all modified up even more rare!

Post up some pictures of the new to you blue beauty when you can... hope it arrives looking good to your eyes.

Take care and be safe

Wayne