+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BadAss Hooligan

Re: 157,000 kilometres - What To Do Now

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Murph - Your decision depends on what you want to ride, don't over analyze the economics. Do you want something newer or do you want to keep riding your beloved ZRX? You need to maximize your enjoyment, that's why we ride in the first place.
    2005 ZRX1200 - Another fast green one.
    2003 ZRX1200 - A fast green one but I zigged when I should have zagged. R.I.P

BadAss Hooligan

Well, after much indecision, I have finally "pulled the trigger" and bought a brand new 2019 N1K.

The recent announcement of the 2020 1000SX, and the general slow down in new bike sales here in Oz has meant that I got a very good deal that I just could not refuse.

Unfortunately, I now realize that I have become infected with the ZRX Mod disease, and I've started the process of ordering a few pieces/modifications for the N1K to make it "perfect".

Nothing too fancy, maybe a set of Akropovic headers, a Radguard radiator screen, GPS mount, aluminium bolt kit, and so on . . . .

I am not sure what I will be doing with my ZRX, but there is no rush just yet.

Now, if we can just put out all the brush-fires that are destroying the east coast of Oz, I may be able to get some kilometres up on the clock.

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyau View Post
    Well, after much indecision, I have finally "pulled the trigger" and bought a brand new 2019 N1K.

The recent announcement of the 2020 1000SX, and the general slow down in new bike sales here in Oz has meant that I got a very good deal that I just could not refuse.

Unfortunately, I now realize that I have become infected with the ZRX Mod disease, and I've started the process of ordering a few pieces/modifications for the N1K to make it "perfect".

Nothing too fancy, maybe a set of Akropovic headers, a Radguard radiator screen, GPS mount, aluminium bolt kit, and so on . . . .

I am not sure what I will be doing with my ZRX, but there is no rush just yet.

Now, if we can just put out all the brush-fires that are destroying the east coast of Oz, I may be able to get some kilometres up on the clock.
    Congrats mate, I am sure you'll be happy with your purchase and that some on here will take your ZRX off you hands should you need to sell.

Enjoy the new wheels!

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

BadAss Hooligan

Congrats mate - I hope you have many happy rides on the new bike. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

If you do decide to sell the ZRX, I can help prevent you making the regrettable decision of selling it to a QLDer

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by oz zrx View Post
    If you do decide to sell the ZRX, I can help prevent you making the regrettable decision of selling it to a QLDer
    Name:  giphy-facebook_s.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  36.1 KB

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Hooligan

I only just saw this thread, but recently went through the same dilema when I wrote my '08 ZRX off earlier this year. I ended up deciding if I got something newer, I'd just have something the same as everyone else, where as if I kept the ZRX, I'd have something different and original, so I decided to spend the money rebuilding the ZRX bigger and better and never sell it. The good thing now is, I'll have a one of a kind ZRX1200, in a modified '99 frame that will be eligible for club rego in 10 years.

Enjoy the new bike but. I think you'll find the modern engine, chassis and suspension much easier to ride than the old ZRX.
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic26544_3.gif

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyau View Post

https://www.kawasakininja1000.com/

'Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Dr. Seuss

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISPY View Post
    Yep, already a member there. I joined up back in Feb 2019 when I first started to think about an "upgrade'.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    I only just saw this thread, but recently went through the same dilemma when I wrote my '08 ZRX off earlier this year. I ended up deciding if I got something newer, I'd just have something the same as everyone else, where as if I kept the ZRX, I'd have something different and original, so I decided to spend the money rebuilding the ZRX bigger and better and never sell it. The good thing now is, I'll have a one of a kind ZRX1200, in a modified '99 frame that will be eligible for club rego in 10 years.

Enjoy the new bike but I think you'll find the modern engine, chassis and suspension much easier to ride than the old ZRX.
    The ZRX is without a doubt a unique bike, and I have enjoyed every kilometre I've put on the "old girl".

The easy decision was buying the N1K as it is also a "good all rounder" and the price was too good to refuse.

The harder decision is what to do with the ZRX now. Sell it or Keep it ??

After the purchase of the N1K, money is now tight, and I have a 1972 Kawasaki Mach IV (the original H2) that I've been wanting want to strip down and restore and that will chew through some more of my retirement funds.

Decisions, decisions, . . . .

BadAss Hooligan
    causing trouble near Milton, Ontario, Canada

Wash it wax it and put it in the living room and dust it. It is a bike I never tire of looking at
    I made a similar move when I went from a rex to a Hayabusa.
    I can not say a bad thing about the Hayabusa It is a magnificent motorcycle in every possible
    I am just too old now
    I can only afford one so when Fusion Pilot paths pristine ZRX up for sale I sold the Busa and bought his rex
    But it is so perfect I do not want to change it. I want it to be an example of what a Rez was. when new and take it to local shows
    Sooooo When Bryan had a field find he worked on and decided he no longer had timeout to Georgia went I
    so now I have a stocker and The Phoenix which will b fiddled with as funds allow.
    Johnnie Phatt
    Head honcho of project
    Rise of the Phoenix

bring Dave if you must....Perko