+ Reply to Thread
    New, but just to this Board

Conversation about alarms

So I'm looking into alarms for my Rex. Has anyone installed one? Thoughts on brands to stay away from? There seems to be a few available, most look like rebadging on the same units. Opinions on certain units, installation tips for remote start and placement of the brain.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Mod/Admin

Re: Conversation about alarms

Why would you want remote start on a motorcycle ? Dangerous on a Rex as they like to roll off the kickstand if they aren't parked in gear .
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me … It's time for patriots everywhere to rally together again and take back America. - Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo View Post
    Why would you want remote start on a motorcycle ? Dangerous on a Rex as they like to roll off the kickstand if they aren't parked in gear .
    Agreed. There are ways to help with the kickstand issue. It's an available option, would be nice to warm it up in my garage in the morning

~~Carpe Diem~~

Hooligan

GBH America alerts your phone if your bike is moved.
    ZRXOA #008987
    ZRXOA #027289

Never ride dirty

Devils’ Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Sin.Cal View Post
    Agreed. There are ways to help with the kickstand issue. It's an available option, would be nice to warm it up in my garage in the morning

~~Carpe Diem~~
    Motors do not need to be warmed up anymore.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Agree 100%, as long as you have the proper oil(no you didn't ) for the OAT, adjust choke as needed and go , riding warms up engine faster, not the rider if is under 40F

Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

" WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE PRODUCT, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "

Okay... Let's pretend I didn't mention remote start. Does anyone have any opinions on the actual alarm systems available? Lol.

~~Carpe Diem~~

Devils’ Advocate

Scorpio used to be good.
    There’s always Lojak

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Devils’ Advocate

I had a Quarum on my CBX it had remote start, but the CBX had a centerstand.
    I only used the remote to show off.

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

I considered an alarm for my ZRX but settled on a SPOT Trace that is hidden with it's internal back up battery in case they disconnect my main battery from the bike. Install/setup was simple, and it's very easy to hide.

It sends me a text message if the bike starts (vibration sensing) or is moved (GPS tracking).

I can then track the location of the bike real time on their app or website.

https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=128
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Sin.Cal View Post
    Okay... Let's pretend I didn't mention remote start. Does anyone have any opinions on the actual alarm systems available? Lol.

~~Carpe Diem~~

Well you know, any leadway around here and we going to start any applicable or not applicable discussion, it's very "ALARMING"

Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

" WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE PRODUCT, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "

Quote Originally Posted by Allen#212 View Post
    Well you know, any leadway around here and we going to start any applicable or not applicable discussion, it's very "ALARMING"
    Haha, now I know. Looking at one from Kapsco. I like the idea of a 2way paging one that I can monitor whole in a restaurant or the like. A lil blinking light is nice too.

~~Carpe Diem~~

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    I considered an alarm for my ZRX but settled on a SPOT Trace that is hidden with it's internal back up battery in case they disconnect my main battery from the bike. Install/setup was simple, and it's very easy to hide.

It sends me a text message if the bike starts (vibration sensing) or is moved (GPS tracking).

I can then track the location of the bike real time on their app or website.

https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=128
    Sounds great--what's the monthly subscription cost? I agree that its tough to find a good alarm--I went down this hole a number of years ago, and Scorpio was the go-to then. Most others failed under the vibrations or were just clunky to use (not designed with bikes in mind). I like the idea of a GPS tracker with a "geo fence" that send alerts if moved (or moved out of).
    2002 ZRX1200R

President of the ZRXOA

I think I pay $99 a year.

Every time they try to increase the price, I just call and threaten to cancel. Then they give me a "loyalty discount".

The device works great. I have one in my van, airplane, and motorcycle.

You can set it up a number of ways. Mine are set so that if the vehicle is parked for more than 30 minutes, when it detects movement it will send me a text. Less than 30 minutes, I don't want it to bug me. This way I only get a notification on the first movement of the vehicle.

You can set it to alert you every time if you want.

The app is great too. You can search within a certain date range and see movement as well as places it parks. the bread crumbs it leaves as a historical record is fun.

You can also create a web page (password protected if you want) for friends and family to use. It can be permanent or temporary. I use it when I go on long road trips or flights alone and want my family to be able to access a log of my locations in case of emergencies.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Remember in the seventies there would be some car holding up the traffic for miles,then when you finally got the chance to pass there would be some middle-aged lady driving with a haphazardly made cardboard sign attatched to back........"RUNNING IN NEW MOTOR"
    Maximize your compromise.