+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a turbo-diesel driving, cigar smoking, Bambi killing, mean MOFO

Wink Putting the finishing touches on my 14r

Added a few finishes touches on my 14r over the last couple of weeks. Longest story is the undertail. I bought a painted undertail from Hot Bodies Racing back the beginning of June and when it came in it was the wrong green (the lime racing green). Contacted them and they had me send it back to them - took until this week to get it back. Turns out this paint is nearly impossible to match. They tried several times and got it as close as they could. If you look at where the panels meet closely you'll see it's not quite the same but being under the tail in shadow it's not really noticeable most of the time. I'd added a carbon fiber hugger (that also took about 4 months but that was expected) about a month ago which was to help protect the undertail (my theory anyway). I've always liked the finished look on the underside.

Name:  IMG_2895.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  2.33 MB

Name:  IMG_2899.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  2.19 MB

Name:  IMG_2900.jpg
Size:  2.32 MB

Here's the nice clean tail section from the side

Name:  IMG_2898.jpg
Size:  4.04 MB

Also installed Tech Spec Snake Skin tank grip to make it easier to hold on to this thing!! I love it - nice and grippy but you don't really notice it. Good stuff.

Name:  IMG_2902.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  2.61 MB

Recently drove to Florida and back and discovered Waze. Experimented around with it and what a great tool for highway travel!! I didn't see a single cop on the way to or back from Florida that I didn't get alerted to in time by Waze. Decided I wanted to be able to see that on the bike too. I bought a quad lock cell mount along with a couple extensions and a knuckle so I could get it where I wanted. I know this looks pretty busy but everything comes into my helmet via sound and just a quick glance down tells me what I need. The phone will literally just sit on Waze all the time - not for Navigation, just for alerts.

Name:  IMG_2904.jpg
Size:  2.12 MB

Name:  IMG_2663.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  2.58 MB

Last was I've always preferred shorty levers. It took me a while to find a set that would work with the Brembo radial master cylinder on my '17 ABS SE - had to enlist the help of Motosport. They sent what Vortex told them it should be - and it was wrong. Vortex contacted me and they shipped me another one that they were pretty sure was the right one and it was. They'll be changing their charts.

Name:  IMG_2903.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  2.40 MB

I'm going to be riding her down to Texas again for the MotoGP and the International Rally - I'll be sleeping with her.
    Last edited by Steve St.Laurent; 09-14-2019 at 01:46 AM.
    -Steve St.Laurent
    ZRXOA #4699, IBA #38229

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Putting the finishing touches on my 14r

looks great Steve
    2000 ZRX 1100
    2005 FJR 1300
    2014 KTM 250XC
    2008 KTM 250XC-F
    2010 Dodge RT Challenger
    2005 Ram Quad Cab
    1996 Chevy Pickup

Born In The USA

You kids have all the toys!
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

2009 Hooligan of the year

That is a sharp looking bike! Good job, Steve!

Calamity Gil

Looks fantastic and I like the double bubble windscreen. Always good to hear when a manufacturer responds with a plan to correct an error found by a customer. Must be an absolute hoot to ride.
    ZRXOA membr #8704
    "It is not the strong but the responsive that survive."

BOTM Feb '13