+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jaco's ZRX.

Hooligan

Jaco's ZRX.

I have bought Jaco's ZRX..
    Jaco, as you all know is not with us anymore, and I have been, since his passing away in contact with Carene, his wife, and unfortunately his widow.
    She had no clue what to ask for his bike, which isn't really finished yet, still in progress of being modded. So, she asked me if a 1000 euro's would be okay, and if I would be able to sell it.
    As I am no coldblooded dealer, I told her that that was far too less for it, and I offered her more. Something I could live with, as I would feel very bad if I had go and get it for a 1000.
    I do have feelings, some people might call me soft, but I would feel like a thief buying it for a 1000 euro's.
    I will be going exactly the same way as Jaco would have done, building his perfect Rex, as we had almost the same views about ZRX'es.
    So Jaco's project will live on, here on ZRXOA. Next to my 1100, because I won't let go of my purple beauty.
    I am officially hooked on ZRX'es.
    Here are some small pictures, which Carene sent me.
    Attached Images      
    The eyes are the window of the soul.

#10174 Z650b1 '77, Z650b2 '78, ZRX 1100 R '98, ZRX 1200 R '01.

Born In The USA

Re: Jaco's ZRX.

Good for all concerned.

You should do what you want with the bike. It is yours, and he would have been happy with that. While Jaco will live on in the minds of those who knew him, making the bike the way he would have wanted it will not help. Some day, it will be sold again. If you are trying to create a monument to your friend, that will only make selling it harder.

Jaco would have been glad it has passed into good hands. Enjoy your new bike!
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Hooligan

I will, and I am not building this bike as a monument. The bar-end mirrors will have to come off, but mostly, we had, like most of us Rexxers here have the same kind of
    modding preferences. I guess Kwick and Greg Couch will have some Pm's shortly, hehehe.

President of the ZRXOA

Right on Coert.

I'm sure Jaco would be pleased with anything you decide to do, just make sure it's fun because that's what I remember about him!!
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Right on Coert.

I'm sure Jaco would be pleased with anything you decide to do, just make sure it's fun because that's what I remember about him!!
    Thanks Arash!
    It will be fun building this ZRX. It has a lot of things I was thinking about buying for my 1100, ZX14 forks, ZX10 wheels.
    I will be enjoying this build greatly! Just like Jaco would have done it, because I also remember him as a great and fun guy.
    Have a nice sunday!

The Green Widowmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Coert65 View Post
    As I am no coldblooded dealer, I told her that that was far too less for it, and I offered her more. Something I could live with, as I would feel very bad if I had go and get it for a 1000.
    You are an honorable and a good example of the integrity of this group's members!

Enjoy your new REX.
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    i gave him a stupid look and said that 'tricks are for kids' and i'd rather stunt his mom and walked out...

Formerly known as Racer5349...........a fool by any other name is still a fool.

Devilsí Advocate

Jaco was getting into 3D Printing. I'll send something along with your order for the ZRX.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Awesome!!!

BadAss Hooligan

Right on Coert.

Name:  PlusOne.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  38.9 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Stuffed Up

You're a bloody Legend and so was Jaco - good on you for what you've done

If there's anything I can send you - let me know. I'm also getting into 3D printing, so if I can help on that front let me know (although I am sure Pete would be more help than me).

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

BadAss Hooligan

Great move Coert. That's not being soft - that's just integrity and the way more people should be my friend.

Jaco would have loved this.

Name:  attaboy.png
Views: 493
Size:  90.6 KB
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

The Mod Father

Coert....You done the "Right thing"..and it is Very fitting it should remain in its 'natural home' of the ZRXOA..

Very poignant to see it in those photos "captured in time" mid build and just as Jaco had left it...

One cannot help but think what plans., "vision" and direction he had in mind for this bike........cut short.

(And I put myself in this situation in my mind many times with .."what if"..)

I have every confidence you will complete this special bike and "make it your own" as testament to our dear and greatly missed friend.

It is in good hands.!

You did good.! (Both Jaco and his beloved ZRX will live on in this..)

Brian G Wells.
    "A change in behaviour begins when Jesus changes our heart "

Carina Wells (Mum)
    RIP.

April 2017 BOTM~2017 BOTY
    August 2019 BOTM..

Hooligan

Thanks guy's..

Brian, it is exactly as you see it. Carene told me, when she went to the garage, she sees his ZRX, half finished, and the board with lots of little notices on it, written by Jaco, with what to do next.
    His parts, his things he still wanted to do. But he never got to finish it.. It is really a thing that is difficult to see, also for me.
    A project, half finished, and a friend who has passed away far too soon.
    I also have those feelings, what if I pass away someday. I know I shouldn't have those feelings, because I am still good, a bit crazy, but what if?
    I know, when I will pick it up, I also will have feelings, which are good for Jaco, but also deep regrets he is not with us anymore. And, I will be fighting some tears which I should not let Carene show.
    I know it will be difficult for me. Because I am quite a sensitive guy. But I know, I will do the best I can for Carene, and Jaco's bike will have a good home with me.
    Thanks again my friends. Heino, I was raised old-school, it is true today most people only care about money, but I am not like that. I will go to hell and back for my friends, people I care for.
    Have a nice monday, and people, remember to live your life to the fullest. Enjoy every minute of it.

Regards, Coert.

The Mod Father

Yes Coert....the "separation of death" causes us to think in a deeper way and even very small and insignificant things such as parts or even a piece of paper with writing on it can have a profound effect on us as it is a "direct link" to "That person" at "That time...."

It puts us "in the moment"... as it meant something to them...(their thoughts or intentions)..and sometimes we tend to think we are intruding into their things....

My Dad died of a heart attack on Jan13 1990 and I put in my pocket the neck tie the doctors cut off him with scissors while they tried to resuscitate him in his home that day...

I still have it in my wardrobe.....,and I still read through my Mothers Bible and her notes as I lost her in Feb of this year..(but praise God I will see them both again in heaven.)

It really is a difficult thing to see Jaco's bike and his things "frozen in time".....as though he would be coming home to continue work on it...

It will be difficult for you when you pick it up...but it has indeed gone to the Right person Coert.! and "because" it was His it will always be precious to you.

Jaco would be glad to know his valued bike will live on through his friend.

This bike and his stuff going to you is a good thing.,as it is going to someone "who cares" and that makes the difference.!!

God bless you my friend.

Brian.
    "A change in behaviour begins when Jesus changes our heart "

Carina Wells (Mum)
    RIP.

April 2017 BOTM~2017 BOTY
    August 2019 BOTM..

Hooligan

Thank you Brian.

I have the same feeling as you do. My father died 18 may 2010, he died of cancer..
    I still have his last letter he sent me, asking me if I approved of his last wishes, written in a very painful handwriting, I cherish that last letter he wrote to me.
    It was the last letter he wrote to me..
    My mother passed away 22 september last year, also very demented, and that was also a thing I will always remember. I still have all her paintings she made, she was very good at painting.
    I will always remember them, and, like you, when I pass on I will meet them again. I kept all photo's, of holiday's gone by, memories I will always cherish, here in my house.
    Thank you my friend, and, God be with you too.
    I know, most people here will feel exactly like we do Brian. Thanks again friend.

Regards, Coert.

Stuffed Up

I know Jaco was working on a RiverMark keyring - like this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3224932

Name:  d36bf8bc84cf19a3921cf3bdb169602e_preview_featured.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  26.5 KB

If you want one for his bike like me know and I'll have a play with it.

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    I know Jaco was working on a RiverMark keyring - like this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3224932

Attachment 317217

If you want one for his bike like me know and I'll have a play with it.
    I sure would like to have that, in fact I would like 2 of them, one for Jaco's bike, and one for my 1100.
    Let me know what the cost would be will you?

Regards, Coert.

Stuffed Up

I sure would like to have that, in fact I would like 2 of them, one for Jaco's bike, and one for my 1100.
    Let me know what the cost would be will you?

Regards, Coert.
    I've just got a scooter part on the printbed right now but will give it a run next.

What colour are you thinking? I have some different filaments on order currently - got a Purple that's pretty damn close to ZRX purple.

Name:  69493391_679126579271509_5324712239523954688_n (1).jpg
Views: 471
Size:  65.2 KB

Hooligan

I've just got a scooter part on the printbed right now but will give it a run next.

What colour are you thinking? I have some different filaments on order currently - got a Purple that's pretty damn close to ZRX purple.

Attachment 317218
    Great work you are doing! I wish I had those ability's..
    I am very good at mechanics but not so good with this. In fact, I am an old-school fool who has only come into internet some years ago.
    I detested computers and stuff like that for years, but you know, you just can't live without now.
    I would like the purple one, for my 1100, because it is purple, and maybe a green one for Jaco's bike. But 2 purple ones would be okay too.
    As Jaco's bike is black so it would work out just fine. Let me know what the costs will be will you?

Regards, Coert.

Stuffed Up

Great work you are doing! I wish I had those ability's..
    I am very good at mechanics but not so good with this. In fact, I am an old-school fool who has only come into internet some years ago.
    I detested computers and stuff like that for years, but you know, you just can't live without now.
    I would like the purple one, for my 1100, because it is purple, and maybe a green one for Jaco's bike. But 2 purple ones would be okay too.
    As Jaco's bike is black so it would work out just fine. Let me know what the costs will be will you?

Regards, Coert.
    I am printing a purple one right now, black filament should arrive before the weekend.

Your money is no good here. The one for Jaco's bike was always a gift, and the black one for you is a gift for doing a great thing

I'll post up soon what it looks like.

Stuffed Up

Thoughts? I think maybe too small?

Name:  RiverMark.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  63.4 KB

Hooligan

I am printing a purple one right now, black filament should arrive before the weekend.

Your money is no good here. The one for Jaco's bike was always a gift, and the black one for you is a gift for doing a great thing

I'll post up soon what it looks like.
    Thank you so much my friend.
    I love this community of great people here!

Regards, and have a good monday! Coert.

Hooligan

Thoughts? I think maybe too small?

Attachment 317219
    It looks okay to me, here a picture of my ZRX keys next to my keys of 1 of my Z650's. The '78 b2.
    Attached Images  

Hooligan

Pm recieved and answered Diggs.
    Thanks a lot friend.

BadAss Hooligan

it is an honor to acquire a friends bike after their passing, a few of us on this board have become custodians of bikes that belonged to friends no longer here.

In my case I have a 2003 Harley that was passed on to me in 2005 when he died unexpectedly.

Although I have made many changes to the bike over the years, in conversation it is "John's bike" and on social media/internet it is "JMG's bike"

Up until my friend's Mother died a couple of years ago, I would make sure she got to see the bike a couple of times a year... she would always touch the grips which I never changed.

When a late members bike was (not) raffled off on this board a couple of years ago to benefit his daughters education fund, I begged that the grips be swapped out and returned to the family.

You may want to consider doing the same.
    ZRX 1200R 7/2003 -5/15/2015 (sold to a good home)

ZZR1200 April 2009 -September 2014 (dealer trade in)

2017 Concours 14 ( June 2018 -current)
    HD 2013 FLHTK Stage 4 ( Sept 2014-Current)
    HD 2003 FLHTCI cammed. closed loop FI, upgraded suspension ( Sept 2005 - current)

Hooligan

Very well done Coert i support you

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Neggy View Post
    it is an honor to acquire a friends bike after their passing, a few of us on this board have become custodians of bikes that belonged to friends no longer here.

In my case I have a 2003 Harley that was passed on to me in 2005 when he died unexpectedly.

Although I have made many changes to the bike over the years, in conversation it is "John's bike" and on social media/internet it is "JMG's bike"

Up until my friend's Mother died a couple of years ago, I would make sure she got to see the bike a couple of times a year... she would always touch the grips which I never changed.

When a late members bike was (not) raffled off on this board a couple of years ago to benefit his daughters education fund, I begged that the grips be swapped out and returned to the family.

You may want to consider doing the same.
    You have got a point there. I agree completely, and will send Carene the grips of Jaco's bike. It is something I never really thought about, but you are right.
    Jaco was the last one, riding his beloved 1200 R. Now, I will take it up, and I do feel honored to aquire his bike, but really, I wish Jaco would still be around, and we could have nice rides together.
    Jaco was one of my friends here on ZRXOA, but for very shortly because he passed away way too soon after I joined this board. Like most of you, I will dearly miss him here, and his humor.
    But I know, he will probably will look down from above on us, thinking what he usually would say here. I know he would approve of me buying his Rex. He would have loved it going to a fool like me. It will always be Jaco's bike in discussions. And I will love it, just like he did.

Thanks friends.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by *jan* View Post
    Very well done Coert i support you
    Thanks Jan!

President of the ZRXOA

This thread sure puts a lot in perspective for me on a Monday morning filled with trivial worries.

God Bless you all...thank you for sharing the stories of your loved ones.

Jaco's spirit is definitely still alive and well on this board.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Hooligan

This thread sure puts a lot in perspective for me on a Monday morning filled with trivial worries.

God Bless you all...thank you for sharing the stories of your loved ones.

Jaco's spirit is definitely still alive and well on this board.
    Jaco's spirit will live on this board Arash. But please tell me your trivial worries.
    They are not needed, and indeed trivial. As I am only wanting my friends bike being done, as we all wanted to do.
    I do understand you by the way. It is so difficult dealing with these things..
    Last edited by Coert65; 08-26-2019 at 12:46 PM.