Wildcat Willy

Re: Some bad news Today

Very sad news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bill
    (formerly LawnBoy)

Executive Vice President

Seeing all the old guard of the ZRXOA here,,,, I don’t know,,, well hell, makes me cry a little bit.
    The ZRXOA has been a major part of my life for almost 20 years. Craig introduced me to the OA. International rallies, Hal Cline rallies, YTRAP rallies,,,, and numerous other get-to-gathers so that we might honor that fallen brother.
    So many things I’d like to say about the OA but it’d take a book.
    Aight, gonna take a nap and head out to Memphis. I really appreciate every one of your comments. Kinda like we’re sittin around the fire at Skeenah again. ;-)
    ASNF "Men of Honor"

Μολὼν λαβέ

Kojak's buddy

He always told me he was going to die in a huge ball of flames. And he really believed it to be true. I don't know if I am glad he was wrong or not.
    ZRXOA member#3925
    -"YESTERDAY'S answers....have NOTHING to do....with TODAY'S questions."
    Dave Mustaine

-"Just because you've been taught that something is right...and everybody
    thinks it's right...that STILL don't make it right."
    Jim to Huck
    Quote Originally Posted by andi1978 View Post
    I'd be somebody's K-Fed.

If I listen with my heart,
    I can hear him whisper...

So sad to hear about Craig, his heart was as big as his body, Mavwrek loved him like a brother. Craig wrote on Mav's FB page on February 27th, a day before marking the 10th year Mav had been gone "....don't forget to pick me up at the gate someday...". I'm sure Mav was there for Craig, not a doubt...
    Joe (MavWrek) Gallagher
    Dec 25, 1967 - Feb 28, 2009
    RIP My Precious Son
    You are so deeply missed by your family....

The Mod Father

Sorry to read of this....,I am a newbie and never knew or met this man..,but we are like a family here and it is always really sad when a 'brother' dies.,and I would like to offer my condolences.

Life indeed is short...,may we spend it wisely.

May he rest in peace now.

God Bless and draw near at this time of loss..,and may the happy memories cause our hearts to smile.

BG.
    Last edited by BG Wells; 07-30-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    "A change in behaviour begins when Jesus changes our heart "

Carina Wells (Mum)
    RIP.

April 2017 BOTM~2017 BOTY
    August 2019 BOTM..

BadAss Hooligan

The only time I met Craig was at Ytrap, we'd PM each other several times. He was a big fan of Karen and as we were walking around the camp ground the first night I saw him walking towards us. I told Karen that's Rudedog, as soon as he got 5 feet away she flashed him! I believe that was the only time Craig had nothing to say He turned red as his bike, and Karen said "Hi Craig, I'm Karen!"

The next night Vince and I had to break in to his truck for him because he had locked the keys in it
    Quote Originally Posted by chrly View Post
    A lot of the fun is going out of this place at a real quick pace .

Got a sloppy shifter? I can fix that
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222626

Jims_rex 4430

aka The Streak

RIP, Craig.
    02 ZRX1200R

ZRXOA #8130

The leather Bruce

I never got to shake his hand but we aligned...brothers.

He helped my wife (lacia here) pick out a helmet when she started riding.

Godspeed Craig.
    James Madison:
    If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands;they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, everything, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.

I will never forget.

Key REXer

Rude dog took to me immediately, I had a red Rex.
    But the morning we took the group pic at the big rally Craig may have had a few to many the night before. Somehow he was not in the pic and he gave Barb n me hell for it. He got over it when I told him it was all Barbs fault. It wasn’t anyone’s fault but Craig’s he just wanted someone to blame. RIP bud!
    Goodbye my friends we miss you

Sir Joe Gallagher
    Garrett Warfield
    Shannon Bitzer
    Arlie Martin
    Dave Johnson
    Steve Mitchell
    Chuck Crowder
    Craig Person

Satan's Donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Jims_rex View Post
    The only time I met Craig was at Ytrap, we'd PM each other several times. He was a big fan of Karen and as we were walking around the camp ground the first night I saw him walking towards us. I told Karen that's Rudedog, as soon as he got 5 feet away she flashed him! I believe that was the only time Craig had nothing to say He turned red as his bike, and Karen said "Hi Craig, I'm Karen!"

The next night Vince and I had to break in to his truck for him because he had locked the keys in it
    I know this is supposed to be a sad thread but this post is pure gold!
    -Jake

Rape is no laughing matter.
    Unless you're raping a clown.

ZRXOA #2995

Originally posted by Ca Pete
    "A helmet may save your life, but if you are not wearing the rest of your gear, you may wish it hadn't."

BadAss Hooligan

Snake... don't cry because it's over, SMILE because it happened.

a little smile in our remembrances is not a bad thing
    ZRX 1200R 7/2003 -5/15/2015 (sold to a good home)

ZZR1200 April 2009 -September 2014 (dealer trade in)

2017 Concours 14 ( June 2018 -current)
    HD 2013 FLHTK Stage 4 ( Sept 2014-Current)
    HD 2003 FLHTCI cammed. closed loop FI, upgraded suspension ( Sept 2005 - current)

The leather Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Neggy View Post
    Snake... don't cry because it's over, SMILE because it happened.

a little smile in our remembrances is not a bad thing

Drilled it.
    James Madison:
    If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands;they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, everything, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.

I will never forget.

Goodwill Ambassador

Remember Craig at some of the rallies I attended. He carried one of the best smiles and was one of the true characters that made this OA special. He was always good to me..... prolly cuz I rode a Red Rex! Godspeed Craig.
    No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

member#6724
    2011 Concours ZG14
    2002 ZRX1200R
    1977 KZ650B1
    1974 F7C175

#1 TROUBLEMAKER

Damn, I met Craig many years ago at TWO. Always knew he had a great big heart. RIP , you are missed.

Father Joe

For the 2016 YTRAP rally at the airport in Suches Craig was late to the party. But wanted to attend and needed a place to stay. Amy had backed out so I had a cabin master bed available. I didn't know Craig yet. So I told him "yea, I got a bed for you and Edie. Come on." He said "are you sure? You don't even know who I am? You probably won't like me." He repeated that many times before he said "O.K. Thanks."

We spent 3 days/nites together embroiled in what can only be described as an Olympic level cussing match. I think I truly surprised Craig going cuss-for-cuss for with him. We'd cuss & fuss and then laugh. Laugh haaaaaaaarddd. Deep belly rolling laughter.

That weekend ZRX rally ended and Craig looked at me and said "I want to stay with you again next year."

What a delightfully sophisticated Olympic level hooligan. You will be missed Sir.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

I'm a turbo-diesel driving, cigar smoking, Bambi killing, mean MOFO

Sheesh, I was just thinking about him a few days ago and was going to look him up to see when he was last on and drop him a note
    -Steve St.Laurent
    ZRXOA #4699, IBA #38229

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"

Hooligan

What people say about someone when they go says a lot not only about the person that is gone, but also of those saying it. I've seen it on more than few old threads that I have read through about those that left us.

RIP fellow REXER.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    I know this is supposed to be a sad thread but this post is pure gold!
    Jake, thank you for understanding! That's the way I want to remember Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by chrly View Post
    A lot of the fun is going out of this place at a real quick pace .

Got a sloppy shifter? I can fix that
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222626

Jims_rex 4430

President Emeritus

What a great story, thanks for sharing Jim, we needed that, well I did.

BadAss Hooligan

I did not know him personally, only from his posts. And those were often... aah... ambivalent, maybe like his character.
    Back then, the board discussions often were a bit fierce and Rude used to have the lighter in his hand to heat up a little more.
    Anyway, another member of the old board times has gone and that makes one thoughtful.
    RIP Craig.

Today's Tom Sawyer
    The Birthday Czar

Rushville, USA...Just around the corner from the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post

We spent 3 days/nites together embroiled in what can only be described as an Olympic level cussing match. I think I truly surprised Craig going cuss-for-cuss for with him. We'd cuss & fuss and then laugh. Laugh haaaaaaaarddd. Deep belly rolling laughter.

This literally made me laugh-out-loud! Great story.
    2002 ZRX 1200 Red (The faster color) Full Muzzy stainless with a stainless oval and a Factory Pro jet kit with air box mod.

Get Right or Get Left.

The leather Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    For the 2016 YTRAP rally at the airport in Suches Craig was late to the party. But wanted to attend and needed a place to stay. Amy had backed out so I had a cabin master bed available. I didn't know Craig yet. So I told him "yea, I got a bed for you and Edie. Come on." He said "are you sure? You don't even know who I am? You probably won't like me." He repeated that many times before he said "O.K. Thanks."

That weekend ZRX rally ended and Craig looked at me and said "I want to stay with you again next year."

What a delightfully sophisticated Olympic level hooligan. You will be missed Sir.

James Madison:

I will never forget.

Kojak's buddy

The Dog and I at Sears Point raceway for NASCAR
    Attached Images  
    ZRXOA member#3925
    Dave Mustaine

Jim to Huck
    I'd be somebody's K-Fed.

BadAss Hooligan

RIP DAWG

This place was wild back in the post whore dayz when everyone was dibbing every item & there was a fun group mind with g1129 and his welcome, don't piss us off signature , yup, many of us are maybe 13-19 yrs older and were not kids when we got the ZRX

RIP from Former Hogan

THE GRAND POOHBAH

...she flashed him! Craig had nothing to say He turned red...
    LOL, I know exactly how he felt!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R "Yeah, I'm keeping this one stock...."
    1987 Yamaha YSR50 "Every parking lot is a GP track!"
    1973 Yamaha RD350 "One day it will run...." (soon to be traded for something great!!!)
    1974 Yamaha RD350 "Organ Donor" (soon to be traded for something great!!!)

ZRXOA Union Supporter #1

Click HERE To E-mail Me

Kojak's buddy

Ol RudeDog thought it was hilarious that I love hair bands and don't have any.
    Dude actually made me a mix CD. He said he was bored....lol
    Attached Images  
    ZRXOA member#3925
    Dave Mustaine

Jim to Huck
    I'd be somebody's K-Fed.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Stavro View Post
    Ol RudeDog thought it was hilarious that I love hair bands and don't have any.
    Dude actually made me a mix CD. He said he was bored....lol
    Haha thats cool.

Oldcow

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Kojak's buddy

Craig's brother just posted this and I am passing it along here if anyone wants to send a card.
    Attached Images  
    ZRXOA member#3925
    Dave Mustaine

Jim to Huck
    I'd be somebody's K-Fed.

Kojak's buddy

This was apparently the first thing Craig ever said to me....in my very first thread started here.
    Attached Images  
    ZRXOA member#3925
    Dave Mustaine

Jim to Huck
    I'd be somebody's K-Fed.

Kojak's buddy

Then 6 years later....we were sharing a 3 bedroom house....and having mini ZRXoa rallies starting right from our driveway. Sure...we had an issue here and there but we always eventually laughed it off. Looking back....it was a pretty good couple of years. There was always something going on. I remember Kona and Nabi digging HUGE pits in the backyard...Looking for moles. One time...he cooked up the biggest, tastiest crab legs I ever had. They were huge...I know one thing....Craig was a good cook. I never was hungry the whole time I lived there.
    Attached Images  
    ZRXOA member#3925
    Dave Mustaine

Jim to Huck
    I'd be somebody's K-Fed.