+ Reply to Thread
    Licensed to Mod

Hello from Indiana

Yo,

From NE Indiana. Been riding on dirt since I was 8. At 15, I got my MC permit and rode my Yamaha AT125 to Driver's Education class. Instructor wasn't happy about that. But I was legal whether he liked it or not...

Rode a Honda Shadow 500 through most of High School, even delivered pizza's on it during the summers. Traded the 500 for a VW Bus my Senior year. That was an interesting year...

A couple years after HS, I started gettin a hankerin to ride again so I got another Shadow 500. It just wasn't doin it for me this time so I moved on to a Gixxer 750. That was a fun bike. And man, chix dig bikes... But they really dig crotch rockets... This eventually lead to child support and no more bike... I held off for as long as I could but, well some of you know how the rest of the story goes.

Faaast forward a couple decades, somewhere along the line I ended up with a 75' CB500 but that's only good for running up and down the driveway. Child support stopped a few years back and holy moly, I forgot what it was like to have money... I bought a gyroplane, learned to fly it followed by learning to fly fixed wing airplanes and then got my own little fixed wing flying contraption a Minimax. But you know, there was still an itch... An itch I couldn't quite scratch. So late last year I started looking for two wheeled gizmos. The Honda CB1100's were catching my eye. I noticed them back in 2011 or so. But they were lacking something. I wasn't sure what that something was. That is until I saw the Rex... The more I looked at it the deeper it pierced into my soul. I've bled the red, yellow and blue. I suppose it's only fitting that green starts flowing through my veins. Not only does the ZRX have the looks, over the past weeks I've been getting to know it's character.

I like this bike...

Take care,
    Todd

p.s. Somewhere along the way, I must have passed on the riding gene to my son. He's been riding a ZR800 for the past two years. It's pretty cool to go riding down the road with your offspring...

avtech3d

Re: Hello from Indiana

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Member #9225
    99 ZRX1100

Born In The USA

Here's some pic for ya,

You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

President of the ZRXOA

Welcome aboard!
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    Here's some pic for ya,

I know nuffin about plane-ing............ But isnt that awful close?

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

President of the ZRXOA

Close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.

If you think that's close, check out on board footage of the Blue Angels on YouTube.

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    I know nuffin about plane-ing............ But isnt that awful close?
    Yep, that's a little close but when sky conditions are right, it can be relatively safe. That's a very nice example of a Minimax.

Here's my Minimax

Name:  21230754_1602567633109980_1075020558388656693_n.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  131.7 KB

My ZRX

Name:  IMG_0946.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  36.1 KB

President of the ZRXOA

Neat looking bird!

Legal Eagle

Welcome aboard

Born In The USA

What engine is that? In another video, a guy rolled out of his parking spot on grass, and took off in about 100 feet!

Are the drooped tips an add-on?

Did you build it, and about how long did it take?

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

Hi
    never drop your bike sober, it hurts too much!

BadAss Hooligan

Name:  Welcome to the Party Pal.gif
Views: 118
Size:  318.6 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    What engine is that? In another video, a guy rolled out of his parking spot on grass, and took off in about 100 feet!

Are the drooped tips an add-on?

Did you build it, and about how long did it take?
    The engine is a Rotax 503. Yeah, these things get off the ground fast, mine is 409 lbs empty, the engine is 48 hp.

The droop tips are add-on. They lower the stall speed, help with crosswinds when in ground effect and on the ground.

I didn't build it, I bought it from the guy who did.

Born In The USA

Thanks!

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Neat looking bird!
    Thanks,

They're fun, especially about 2 hours before sunset when the air calms down and gets smooth as glass.

BadAss Hooligan

Welcome

Put that ZRX engine in the plane and go real fast ...
    01 ZRX 1200 green
    00 ZRX 1100 black
    12 C14 connie red
    2003 KLX 400
    2004 CRF100
    2008 CRF100
    2016 300 Ninja
    2017 Z125 Pro
    " Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

" That which you manifest is before you " Enzo

ZRXOA# 8746

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Wiplash View Post
    Yo,

From NE Indiana. Been riding on dirt since I was 8. At 15, I got my MC permit and rode my Yamaha AT125 to Driver's Education class. Instructor wasn't happy about that. But I was legal whether he liked it or not...

Rode a Honda Shadow 500 through most of High School, even delivered pizza's on it during the summers. Traded the 500 for a VW Bus my Senior year. That was an interesting year...

A couple years after HS, I started gettin a hankerin to ride again so I got another Shadow 500. It just wasn't doin it for me this time so I moved on to a Gixxer 750. That was a fun bike. And man, chix dig bikes... But they really dig crotch rockets... This eventually lead to child support and no more bike... I held off for as long as I could but, well some of you know how the rest of the story goes.

Faaast forward a couple decades, somewhere along the line I ended up with a 75' CB500 but that's only good for running up and down the driveway. Child support stopped a few years back and holy moly, I forgot what it was like to have money... I bought a gyroplane, learned to fly it followed by learning to fly fixed wing airplanes and then got my own little fixed wing flying contraption a Minimax. But you know, there was still an itch... An itch I couldn't quite scratch. So late last year I started looking for two wheeled gizmos. The Honda CB1100's were catching my eye. I noticed them back in 2011 or so. But they were lacking something. I wasn't sure what that something was. That is until I saw the Rex... The more I looked at it the deeper it pierced into my soul. I've bled the red, yellow and blue. I suppose it's only fitting that green starts flowing through my veins. Not only does the ZRX have the looks, over the past weeks I've been getting to know it's character.

I like this bike...

Take care,
    Todd

p.s. Somewhere along the way, I must have passed on the riding gene to my son. He's been riding a ZR800 for the past two years. It's pretty cool to go riding down the road with your offspring...
    Sounds like my house in many ways. My son has an 05 ZRX I gave him for graduating college and he just bought an 04 ZX6R 636 and still has his first street bike a Ninja 300 that is surprisingly fast for a small CC engine and very nimble in corners. I got the ZRX fever in 04 and bought a blue 03 and then sold it some years later and had a lot of other bikes and went back to the ZRX bikes about three years ago and have purchased 5 of them and spent a small fortune on mods but have a nice bunch to choose from to ride. Too bad you are not closer we could ride some.

Licensed to Mod

Red Rex

Stieny, I've seen BMW MC engines on some experimental planes.

Suffers from Mad Kaw disease
    On a lovely tropical island near Ft. Wayne, IN

Welcome fellow Hoosier, I'm just south of the fort..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

YTRAP, G and Joe.... sure gonna miss you guys...

Licensed to Mod

BlkZrx,

Howdy neighbor. I'll keep an eye out for ya pn the streets.

I responded to an add for a black ZRX in the Fort Wayne area. It had a stretched swing arm.