+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    President of the ZRXOA

Switch from being a Yamaha/Rossi motoGP fan to Ducati/Dovi/Petrux - NetApp!!! *SPOILERS*

I'm on round 6 of interviews and if this company (who is a major sponsor of the Ducati motoGP team) extends a good offer to me, I have no choice but to become a die hard Ducati motoGP fanboy.

It's not going to be a walk in the park if I join their team. High stress, fast paced, high performance expectations, and to top it all off I get what is one of the most brutal commutes in the country as a bonus prize.

I'll probably buy a BMW RT1200P to split lanes and make cars part like the Red Sea did for Moses. It will take a 1.5 hour commute (one way) and cut it down to 45 mins.

Just have to pair it up with a white Arai and a black Aerostich Roadcrafter.

Last edited by AV80R; 07-23-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Switch from being a Yamaha/Rossi motoGP fan to Ducati/Dovi/Petrux

Wow!!! for realz? What will you be doing there? Good luck! I know you can meet their expectations.. let's make them know that too!

Looking forward to pointing at you on the tv, Arash!

Born In The USA

Oh, my. That means that you think the masses are going to stop eating breakfast, put down their tax forms, get into the car fully dressed, and not be jabbering and texting, so they can look in their mirrors.

Maybe a lease on a place in San Carlos would....... oh, never mind.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Father Joe

You should come interview at the Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum before you disrupt your life like that. Bring the whole extended family.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

Thinking, So You Don't Have To
    The Inland Empire (not as ominous as it sounds)

Sounds like a great opportunity. Kind of a long commute though. Even splitting lanes. Lots of risk there.

My wife and I are big Rossi fans but I also appreciate Dovi and Ducati. I'm not a Yamaha fan.

What I really like is Kawasaki and World Superbike. Go Johnny Go!
    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, American patriot.

"Red is faster of course" 8/5/19 Ca Pete acknowledges the obvious.

BadAss Hooligan

If this is for real, it sure is a great opportunity but as the others said - consider the exhausting commute that will take its toll on you in terms of time and nerves. Been there, done that, didn't like it at all.
    Just to mention the obvious, talk it through with your better half and take a reeeeeally good look at how she thinks about it and whether her approval might be biased by knowing what a dream this job would be for you and not by how she really feels about it.
    I keep my fingers crossed for you to make the right decision buddy.
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

BadAss Hooligan

Unipol sai, Net app, Lenovo?

Thixotropic Hooligan

Had a friend in the same position with Ducati in 2000? He decided against, I never asked him why. I thought he was smart, all consuming jobs rob.
    Good Luck on your decision , super cool opportunity.
    Do your own thing but don't touch mine.

Avatar is my only wheelie pic unless you are on board.

Member # 10

Hal #8 RIP

CarlM

We have an Rt 1200p coming to auction. I rode it around the city yard. Will work for your purpose.

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by benbaboon View Post
    Wow!!! for realz? What will you be doing there? Good luck! I know you can meet their expectations.. let's make them know that too!

Looking forward to pointing at you on the tv, Arash!
    Tech job unfortunately, the only way I'll be on TV is in their hospitality suite at COTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    Oh, my. That means that you think the masses are going to stop eating breakfast, put down their tax forms, get into the car fully dressed, and not be jabbering and texting, so they can look in their mirrors.

Maybe a lease on a place in San Carlos would....... oh, never mind.
    You speak the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    You should come interview at the Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum before you disrupt your life like that. Bring the whole extended family.
    The pilgrimage will happen someday my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickrides View Post
    Sounds like a great opportunity. Kind of a long commute though. Even splitting lanes. Lots of risk there.

My wife and I are big Rossi fans but I also appreciate Dovi and Ducati. I'm not a Yamaha fan.

What I really like is Kawasaki and World Superbike. Go Johnny Go!
    My poor wife spends 1.5 hours on BART going to SF from our home in Pleasanton. A crap commute is pretty much par for the course unless you work for the one or two tech companies based in or near our town.

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ZRX View Post
    If this is for real, it sure is a great opportunity but as the others said - consider the exhausting commute that will take its toll on you in terms of time and nerves. Been there, done that, didn't like it at all.
    Just to mention the obvious, talk it through with your better half and take a reeeeeally good look at how she thinks about it and whether her approval might be biased by knowing what a dream this job would be for you and not by how she really feels about it.
    I keep my fingers crossed for you to make the right decision buddy.
    Thanks Heino. After 3 years of being a full time stay at home dad, we have no choice but for me to join the rat race to allow us to survive financially in this crazy place. The cost of living and salaries here are through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy21 View Post
    Unipol sai, Net app, Lenovo?
    It's not, not one of those companies!!!

You're sharp. I was wondering if someone would figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayX View Post
    Had a friend in the same position with Ducati in 2000? He decided against, I never asked him why. I thought he was smart, all consuming jobs rob.
    Good Luck on your decision , super cool opportunity.
    Thanks! It's not a position with Ducati, just one of their sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by green12 View Post
    We have an Rt 1200p coming to auction. I rode it around the city yard. Will work for your purpose.
    Tell me more...I want a clean, unmolested one. Preferably right off the line from the PD.

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

CarlM

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Tech job unfortunately, the only way I'll be on TV is in their hospitality suite at COTA.

You speak the truth...

The pilgrimage will happen someday my friend.

My poor wife spends 1.5 hours on BART going to SF from our home in Pleasanton. A crap commute is pretty much par for the course unless you work for the one or two tech companies based in or near our town.

Thanks Heino. After 3 years of being a full time stay at home dad, we have no choice but for me to join the rat race to allow us to survive financially in this crazy place. The cost of living and salaries here are through the roof.

It's not, not one of those companies!!!

You're sharp. I was wondering if someone would figure it out.

Thanks! It's not a position with Ducati, just one of their sponsors.

Tell me more...I want a clean, unmolested one. Preferably right off the line from the PD.
    it is. me/part timers took all the cop stuff off. If you come to the shop after the auction is posted I can allow a test ride. There is a cop ST Honda someshit cop bike too.

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

I'm a turbo-diesel driving, cigar smoking, Bambi killing, mean MOFO

I commuted from Pleasanton to San Rafael for a year when I was 18. It about killed me. I vowed to never have a long commute again.
    -Steve St.Laurent
    ZRXOA #4699, IBA #38229

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"

President of the ZRXOA

Switch from being a Yamaha/Rossi motoGP fan to Ducati/Dovi/Petrux

This commute will be Pleasanton to Sunnyvale. In the morning driving a car I can get the 26 mile commute down to 1 hour if I leave way early, but coming home it's a 1.5-2.0 hour drive if I leave anytime from 4:30-6:30pm.

The motorcycle cuts it down to 45 mins each way but a large portion of it will be splitting lanes.

I have decades and tens of thousands of miles logged splitting lanes in commute traffic here, but none of that matters because it just takes 0.5 seconds for your luck to change.

I'm gonna follow the new splitting lane "laws" that were recently passed...no splitting when traffic is going faster than 45 and no more than a 15 mph delta between the motorcycle and surrounding traffic.

green12 already has a line in for me on a Turlock PD BMW...if it looks and rises good I'm gonna try and snag it in the auction.

2009 Hooligan of the year

I've clearly missed a few threads and stumbled into a mid conversation posting.

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    I've clearly missed a few threads and stumbled into a mid conversation posting.
    Long story short, I'm probably going to get an offer soon from one of the companies that sponsors the Ducati motoGP team, so I was joking that I have to switch camps as a fan from Yamaha/Rossi to Ducati/Dovi.

And the commute sucks (1.5+ hours in a car to go 26 miles) so I'm probably going to buy a retired police bike to scare cars into being nice to me as I split lanes.

2009 Hooligan of the year

Well that came out of nowhere. But congrats.

So what was all the aircraft mechanic certification stuff all about? Maybe just to be able to wrench on your own planes and maybe others on the side for extra mod / hobby money?

Stuffed Up

You USED to be cool..............

Also - 6th round of interviews!?!?!?!

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Well that came out of nowhere. But congrats.

So what was all the aircraft mechanic certification stuff all about? Maybe just to be able to wrench on your own planes and maybe others on the side for extra mod / hobby money?
    Thanks, we'll see how good/bad this is once I have the offer in hand and go through the first few months ramping up.

You're 100% right...the A&P certification was just to make sure I'm covered as folks in my family give it up. I'll wrench on my own planes and a select few others just to help the hobby pay for itself.

I knew once I go back to work I'll never get a chance to get away for 2 weeks to get it done.
    Last edited by AV80R; 07-22-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Devils’ Advocate

Real MEN ride ZRX's, rain or shine.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    You USED to be cool..............

Also - 6th round of interviews!?!?!?!
    I know...

Yeah, they're pretty thorough. 4 have been over the phone and only 2 in person. Everyone from various cross functional teams that I'd be interacting with to get their buy in and endorsement of me as a candidate.

I know the management team pretty well and they're making sure they have others on board with me as a choice.

Who knows, maybe they won't even give me an offer...I've been pretty presumptive through the whole process! Gotta have confidence, right?

They've had a ton of applicants, but I'm pretty sure I'm the most qualified. It's literally exactly what I was doing before I went on my sabbatical 3 years ago.

http://linkedin.com/in/arasharyana/

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Real MEN ride ZRX's, rain or shine.

Devils’ Advocate

I know...

Yeah, they're pretty thorough. 4 have been over the phone and only 2 in person. Everyone from various cross functional teams that I'd be interacting with to get their buy in and endorsement of me as a candidate.

I know the management team pretty well and they're making sure they have others on board with me as a choice.

Who knows, maybe they won't even give me an offer...I've been pretty presumptive through the whole process! Gotta have confidence, right?

They've had a ton of applicants, but I'm pretty sure I'm the most qualified. It's literally exactly what I was doing before I went on my sabbatical 3 years ago.

http://linkedin.com/in/arasharyana/
    Hell, you can fix their planes...

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

The previous CEO had one of these:

The current CEO says his momma would kick his butt if he ever bought a private jet! (Too pretentious...)

In Charge of McGov Only

The previous CEO had one of these:

The current CEO says his momma would kick his butt if he ever bought a private jet! (Too pretentious...)

Funny, that's what we say about BMW police bikes.

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    Funny, that's what we say about BMW police bikes.

Born In The USA

Looks like your time with Kontron was magic. I may need one of those rugged COTS here in the office for a quick nap.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    Looks like your time with Kontron was magic. I may need one of those rugged COTS here in the office for a quick nap.
    Haha! I easily forget about the layman interpretation of that acronym.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_off-the-shelf

BadAss Hooligan

I'll probably buy a BMW RT1200P to split lanes and make cars part like the Red Sea did for Moses.......
    And buy one of these "POLITE" safety vests.......

https://youtu.be/gq8Da-emhSo
    Last edited by AV80R; 07-23-2019 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
    Maximize your compromise.

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by Parko View Post
    And buy one of these "POLITE" safety vests.......

https://youtu.be/gq8Da-emhSo
    Classic!!!

Our coppers don't wear those vests here. Not manly enough.

Last edited by AV80R; 07-23-2019 at 01:10 AM.

BadAss Hooligan

If you're already committed to riding it safely, then for full lane splitting effect may I suggest :

I'm sure all them good karma points will keep you safe! They effin' better! Good luck Arash!