+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

Any Walmart shoppers here?

Just curious. We shop at Walmart and have for many years. They have what we want and at competitive pricing. Got into a discussion today with a neighbor down the street. I've known him for a while now. He's opinionated on a lot of things.

He had a Harley so many years ago, and thinks this world revolves around them. He knows I feel otherwise. Anyways, we somehow got into a conversation about Walmart. Well, you all can imagine how well that went.

He goes on to say the majority of Americans won't / don't shop there. I told him he had his "facts" reversed. That didn't go over extremely well. Once again, we butted heads.

I told him why we shop there, and he tried to argue each point. Walmart isn't perfect, but they do rather well, as the store in our community is always busy. We argued some more and ended up defending our position.

My parting shot was that HD is struggling and would go under long before Walmart would. I told him that I had heard that HD had approached Walmart about getting some of their bikes and accessories in their stores. He didn't think that was funny.

Anyways, now I'm a bit curious. How do some of you feel about Walmart? Go ahead and let it all out.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

2009 Hooligan of the year

Re: Any Walmart shoppers here?

They sell Fram filters. Of course I'm a fan.

BadAss Hooligan

I shop at Walmart. I am not utterly stupid. The chain auto parts stores want $23-$25 for the oil that WM has for $17 for an example. Also, there are really no alternatives besides groceries at the HEB stores, price wise or otherwise.
    Get on the short bus boys 'cause I'm takin' y'all to school!

Devilsí Advocate

Walmart??
    Amazon has them beat.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Name:  PhotoEditor_20190714_215916806.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  1.01 MB
    'Nuff said....
    Dan
    Turbo Division Member # 6

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

BadAss Hooligan

Name:  producedept.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  174.9 KB

When science finally locates the center of the universe, some people will be surprised to learn they're not it.

Am I always a smartass? Nope. Sometimes I am asleep.

Life is better when you're laughing.

TMZ of the ZRXOA

I'm getting pretty damn good using those self check-outs. Initially, I hated um. Once I got the hang of them, there was no going back to a typical check-out.

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    I'm getting pretty damn good using those self check-outs. Initially, I hated um. Once I got the hang of them, there was no going back to a typical check-out.
    I don't work at stores.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    I don't work at stores.

You better bone up on your skills. It's gonna be the wave of the future.

Besides.....I hate waiting in check out lines.

Devilsí Advocate

You better bone up on your skills. It's gonna be the wave of the future.

Besides.....I hate waiting in check out lines.
    If I need to check myself out, Iíll shop at Amazon.

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

The self checkouts will have lines soon enough. Then the store will cut back on employees and there will be even less help available for you to ask where to find something, or open a locked cabinet to buy bullets.

Walmart is a dinosaur that the Amazons, Costcos will keep nipping at until it is mortally wounded. It will survive in the areas that other retailers will deem not profitable enough to go into.

For the most part I do not shop at Amazon. One of my sons is now working at a local store and I have started to give them a chance at my business. I recently bought tires there for an auto I was selling.

Do you feel BRUCE!, punk?

Usually it's blu rays or engine oil for me at WalMart.............years ago they had really cheap shotgun ammo (trap stuff), but not cheap any longer.
    2003 Green ZRX
    1983 Red Honda 1100F (sold)
    1983 Blue Honda 1100F (sold)
    1979 Honda CB650 Custom (broke cam/sold)
    1974 Honda CB450 (sold)
    1974 Honda CB450 (bad cam/stolen/sold)

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    I don't work at stores.
    Do you have a store employee load your basket?

I used to be....

My wife buys most of the groceries at WM, was going to use the order/pick-up feature but can't get refrigerated products, she understands but doesn't like it. Gets most meats and produce from another store, she believes WM is not the freshest. Shopping online & pick-up at the store is pretty handy, recently decided to purchase a new television, found what we wanted, ordered and picked up after work, no lines & no hassles. She is also an Amazon shopper, she was looking at the Prime Day specials when I left this morning.

Hooligan

we were exclusive to wal-m until they kept changing the product locations. seems like a constant re-location, even the stockers have a hard time keeping up. we have found that publix has very competitive pricing to wal-m and the quality is fresher, better. if you ask a publix stocker where something is they will lead you to it.

off topic but amazon just announced a pharmacy program where they will send your prescription meds every month to your door for the same co-pay that you have been paying to the local pharmacy. this sounds like the end of the neighborhood pharm...

Father Joe

My time has immense value. I can protect that value and avoid daily ass-whipping of stupid by checking myself out. As Dano mentioned----once figggered out it is literally: buy-and-fly. Or there's the old standby: stand-and-stupid.

My lawyer asked me to include this part in my message >>>> YMMV.

I asked myself to include this part in my message >>>>
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

c10's best friend

I'll go in there if I have to but I would rather take an ass whoopin', there is 1 store close to me so all of my observations are based there.

Most of the workers dealing with customers are challenged. The checkers are old and slow and most of them can barely move, the few younger ones couldn't spell CAT if you gave them the C and the A. The parking lot if always full of shopping carts, corrals overflowing and carts left sitting everywhere. And then the receipt monitors at the doors that want to spot check items against your receipt with a scan gun. I needed a couple of things quickly last week so I went in there, went to the register on the end of the row and checked out, took less than 10 steps to get to the monitor guy at the door and he tried to stop me. I told him I wasn't stopping because he had just watched me check out and he knew I had paid, he acted surprised but moved out of my way. The wife tells me to be nice, she gets the
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

beermonger

We avoid Walmart. It has become the ruination of all business here in small town USA.
    I think more people should avoid Walmart and the Chinese merchandise.
    OBJECTS IN MIRROR
    NO LONGER MATTER

ZRXOA member #1964

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by IGNATZ View Post
    We avoid Walmart. It has become the ruination of all business here in small town USA.
    I think more people should avoid Walmart and the Chinese merchandise.

It's not Walmart to blame for the demise of small businesses, it's the internet.

Hooligan

Try not to shop at walmart or amazon . Try to support all the local small businesses in town even if it cost a little more .

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by riturbo View Post
    Try not to shop at walmart or amazon . Try to support all the local small businesses in town even if it cost a little more .
    That is the problem, it is not a little more. It's a lotta more for things at my local businesses.

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakijockey View Post
    That is the problem, it is not a little more. It's a lotta more for things at my local businesses.
    ^^^^^^ What he said.

BadAss Hooligan

Walmart is crack to some folks, I do feel bad
    for rural areas that have been taken over by them,
    I guess Amazon can at least be relief to that.
    If you want something you never had,
    You have to do something you've never done.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakijockey View Post
    ^^^^^^ What he said.

Sometimes thats true but for the most part you get a better product but not always. Plus you are keeping the cash in the community instead of making some corp richer .

I do go there for some things like oil for the pickups .

Cape Breton Barbarian

Capitalism at work...

I shop where I get the best price on quality brand products. Thatís the way the free market operates... If you wish to pay more at another vendor because you donít like the Ďbig guysí, thatís your preogrative.

BadAss Hooligan

Walmart continues to be the retailer Big Kahuna. They are currently the largest supermarket chain in the country.

Other retailers are continually trying to knock 'em off but no one is close yet.
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

The Young and the 'Rex-less

Wal mart quick lube does power steering flushes with fram filter oil changes so dano is onboard
    Quote Originally Posted by bkra13 View Post
    Youngzrxer - the only guy that can sound like he's 13 and 80 years old in one post.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by triscadek View Post
    Young'un was right on the mark with his opinions.

I'm a turbo-diesel driving, cigar smoking, Bambi killing, mean MOFO

I've stepped foot into a Wal-Mart 3 times in my life.

Once was when our oldest daughter was an infant and my wife was dealing with post partum depression and she wanted specific diapers and I tried everywhere else first

2nd time I waited too long to winterize my 35' travel trailer and they were the only place that had rv antifreeze.

3rd was in May when I was riding to Road America for the motoamerica races and I rode up through the upper peninsula. First 8 hours of the ride it never got over 50 and across the Mackinac Bridge it was down to 34. Wal Mart was there and I thought they might have some chemical hand warmers. They didn't have them but I found menstrual cramp pads which were pretty much the same thing.

I've seen them come into small towns (from friends) and price products below what they're selling at other locations until the local businesses fold up and then raise the prices. That's predatory and not a company I care to do business with.
    -Steve St.Laurent
    ZRXOA #4699, IBA #38229

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"

I'm Canadian!

I'll buy chips at WMT. Beer too if I'm running low.

I try to support the locals but sometimes I can't. When I was trying to replace my pods the local Kawi dealer was of no help. If it's not on the fiche then sorry. Amazon got my business at a cheaper price than from K&N directly and delivered in no time.
    Needed a new torque wrench and tried the local retailers. No go for the torque range I wanted so Amazon got my order.

I tried but when stores can't deliver then Amazon gets my business. Unfortunately at some point Amazon will not be my second choice, I'll stop trying to support locals and go right to Amazon. May be sooner than later.

Pops
    Size matters, good thing I drive a huge bus.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent View Post

I've seen them come into small towns (from friends) and price products below what they're selling at other locations until the local businesses fold up and then raise the prices.

Exactly what Home Depot did around Denver several years ago. Cold blooded business tactics. No more Mom and Pop hardware stores after that.

When science finally locates the center of the universe, some people will be surprised to learn they're not it.

Am I always a smartass? Nope. Sometimes I am asleep.

Life is better when you're laughing.