+ Reply to Thread
    The Doctor Is In
    About 90 miles north of where I was before & 15 minutes from the Kingdom of Kazmania, FL

Hard boiled eggs

I love hard boiled eggs, especially when they are still warm. The shell peels off so nicely, the texture is smooth and creamy. Sprinkle a little salt/pepper on them, take a bite and it's magic. I could eat a dozen easy and enjoy each one.
    "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."
    Rorschach

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Hard boiled eggs

EGGs are what all first world countries judge their protein quality by. 99% of the cholesterol is found in the yolk. 65 to 75% of the protein found in the egg white. When I worked in the hospital I remembered The dietary department gave burn patients 30 to 40 egg whites a day. I believe I also heard that the more you cook eggs the less protein there are. Just some thoughts

Super Moderator
    I is Approving Stuff

I like to pickle them while they're still warm in a jar of hot pepper vinegar, Tabasco sauce, onions, carrots, jalapenos.. for about a month..

Name:  eggs sm 1.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  282.3 KB

Sometimes I forget people can see me make the jerk off motion when they're talking to me...

BadAss Hooligan

Cool Hand Luke likes hard boiled eggs....

https://youtu.be/k3oMPqUTxCE?t=32
    01 ZRX 1200 green
    00 ZRX 1100 black
    12 C14 connie red
    2003 KLX 400
    2004 CRF100
    2008 CRF100
    2016 300 Ninja
    2017 Z125 Pro
    " Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

" That which you manifest is before you " Enzo

ZRXOA# 8746

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

Talk about a source of natural gas.............
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

BadAss Hooligan

Complete boneless chicken dinner for a quarter.....
    Dan
    Turbo Division Member # 6

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

The Doctor Is In
    About 90 miles north of where I was before & 15 minutes from the Kingdom of Kazmania, FL

Quote Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
    I like to pickle them while they're still warm in a jar of hot pepper vinegar, Tabasco sauce, onions, carrots, jalapenos.. for about a month..

Attachment 314674

That's disgusting.
    "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."
    Rorschach

The Doctor Is In

Quote Originally Posted by godblessamerica View Post
    EGGs are what all first world countries judge their protein quality by. 99% of the cholesterol is found in the yolk. 65 to 75% of the protein found in the egg white. When I worked in the hospital I remembered The dietary department gave burn patients 30 to 40 egg whites a day. I believe I also heard that the more you cook eggs the less protein there are. Just some thoughts
    While cholesterol might be found in the yolk, so are all the other micro-nutrients. Me, I'm a yolk-man.
    Rorschach

BadAss Hooligan
    Melbourne, Florida....On the corner of "walk" and "Dont Walk"

I love pickled Quail eggs. The Cajun ones.

My parents still have the little lathe turned wood egg holders. They're great for holding a hot boiled egg. Cut the top off, add butter, salt and pepper, eat with a spoon. Mmmmm
    ZRXOA #9877
    "IT'S NOT THE BIG THAT EAT THE SMALL..... IT'S THE FAST THAT EAT THE SLOW"
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

Past Kawi's: 76 KZ900, 78 KZ1000, 80 Z1 Classic

Off Brands: 74 Honda XR75, 80 Yamaha YZ250, 84 Honda 1100 Magna,
    95 Suzuki RF900R, 88 Suzuki Katana 1100
    Wish List: 74 Yamaha DT400

Pine Tree DJ

As a very poor college student at UF, we took what food we had in the fridge to Spring Break 88 in Daytona. I had a dozen eggs, so I boiled them.
    Got there Thursday night, at a very fun club, 701 South, the normal more guys than girls.
    Next day was beach, showers at my roommate Pete's grandmother's house as we were sleeping in his car, and then back to 701 South.
    Stars must have aligned. 3 times more girls than guys. Only time I ever experienced that. The sulphur foulness coming from me after 10 eggs was amazing. It was impressive. Right in the middle of a full loud dance floor.
    Thankfully it was done before I had to sleep in the car!

BadAss Hooligan
    Melbourne, Florida....On the corner of "walk" and "Dont Walk"

^^^^^Ahhh, 701 South. Benn there a few times.

Came home drunk as hell one night. Hungry, no money, and only had a dozen eggs in the fridge. Put em on boil and sat down to watch TV. Had this very annoying sound in my sleep and a weird smell that finally woke me up. I had passed out and the water had boiled out of the pot. Every one of them eggs exploded and the smoke detector was going off. It took me days to get the debris out of every nook and cranny of the kitchen.
    ZRXOA #9877
    "IT'S NOT THE BIG THAT EAT THE SMALL..... IT'S THE FAST THAT EAT THE SLOW"
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

Past Kawi's: 76 KZ900, 78 KZ1000, 80 Z1 Classic

Off Brands: 74 Honda XR75, 80 Yamaha YZ250, 84 Honda 1100 Magna,
    95 Suzuki RF900R, 88 Suzuki Katana 1100
    Wish List: 74 Yamaha DT400

BadAss Hooligan

Yes there are good things in the yolk so maybe 25 percent of the time you take the yolk. I'm cutting back on food lately down to 6 small meals per day on gym days and 3 to 4 on non gym days. Ok OK once a week I may splurge and get a big gut busting meal, you know you got to shock the system! Hawaiian style!

beermonger

I hardly ever eat hard boiled eggs unless it’s Easter and they are magically transformed to deviled eggs by my lovely wife, she makes them the best.
    OBJECTS IN MIRROR
    NO LONGER MATTER

ZRXOA member #1964

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post

Came home drunk as hell one night. Hungry, no money, and only had a dozen eggs in the fridge. Put em on boil and sat down to watch TV. Had this very annoying sound in my sleep and a weird smell that finally woke me up. I had passed out and the water had boiled out of the pot. Every one of them eggs exploded and the smoke detector was going off. It took me days to get the debris out of every nook and cranny of the kitchen.
    Drunk, hungry and cooking eggs, what could go wrong?
    You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office.

Steve

ZRXOA #6575

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Drunk, hungry and cooking eggs, what could go wrong?

Or sober. A few years ago one of the girls at my dentist office put a raw egg in the microwave. It didn't just pop, more like boom. If she had opened the door at the wrong time she could have been hit with egg lava and shrapnel. Dr Medaugh was not happy.

When science finally locates the center of the universe, some people will be surprised to learn they're not it.

Am I always a smartass? Nope. Sometimes I am asleep.

Life is better when you're laughing.

The Doctor Is In

Quote Originally Posted by PT Matt View Post
    As a very poor college student at UF, we took what food we had in the fridge to Spring Break 88 in Daytona. I had a dozen eggs, so I boiled them.
    Got there Thursday night, at a very fun club, 701 South, the normal more guys than girls.
    Next day was beach, showers at my roommate Pete's grandmother's house as we were sleeping in his car, and then back to 701 South.
    Stars must have aligned. 3 times more girls than guys. Only time I ever experienced that. The sulphur foulness coming from me after 10 eggs was amazing. It was impressive. Right in the middle of a full loud dance floor.
    Thankfully it was done before I had to sleep in the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post

Now them thar are some damn funny stories.
    Rorschach

Devils’ Advocate

Attachment 314674

You need a copy of Crumb's EAT IT cookbook....

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Stuffed Up

I like to marinate them in soy for a day or 2. Yum.

I dont think I could wait a month for them to pickle!

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Kel' does them in a pressure cooker and they peel perfect every time. She can time it so the yokes are soft.

We "pickle" them with beets.

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

BadAss Hooligan

Trader Joe’s has a seasoning blend called “everything but the bagel”...try that on your boiled eggs, it’s quite tasty. I also like them with a nice dollop of sriracha.

BadAss Hooligan

Hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise on bread or toast. YUMMI!
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

BadAss Hooligan

My son is on vacation in Hawaii and made $20 on a bet to eat "balut". Name:  Balut_food.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  55.4 KB I would have to be drunk and real hungry, although I have tried fried squirrel brains in the 80's when I was drunk and hungry.

BadAss Hooligan

Hard boiled eggs

Attachment 314674

There was a small taco place in San Diego/National City that used to have a giant jar of pickled carrots and jalapeños and onions they would give you as a side. Delicious
    Last edited by Cundalini; 07-14-2019 at 02:48 PM.

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

BadAss Hooligan

I love soft boiled eggs and really like egg salad sandwiches. Deviled eggs.