+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Z1R Project

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Z1R Project

Heino you sir are a legend pm incoming
    Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.

BOTM JUNE 2018 THE VANILLA GORILLA

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMamba View Post
    Heino you sir are a legend pm incoming
    Here, here

Bak. Derk-derka ala. Derka derka, Mohammed Jihad. Baka sherpa-sherpa. Abaka-la.

BadAss Hooligan

CD outgoing. My pleasure - I am just following the standards that are set by this great bunch of guys here.
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

BadAss Hooligan

Iím splitting the sub assembly today will take pics hopefully there will be nothing untoward in there
    Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.

BadAss Hooligan

I just got done getting this one back on the road for a buddy of mine, Bike sat for a few years.

BadAss Hooligan

Thatís a nice Z

BadAss Hooligan

Ok so Sunday night update time for those that are following. I have now stripped the entire bike and have the rolling chassis waiting for paint. I stripped down the sub assembly had a bit of a fight with the front sprocket nut but that was about all. It's really really tarnished inside so will have to get it steam cleaned then soda blasted before paint and reassembly. I cleaned a few parts in my sonicator which I love it takes cleaning time in half and gets in the hard to reach spots. Now have to start planning out the spares as this isn't going to be a cheap affair but I cannot wait to swing a leg over and go for a ride
    Attached Images            

BadAss Hooligan

Good decision to go into it that deeply judging by the sight of that sludge in there.

The frame actually looks not too bad IMO. What are you planning for it - powder coating or painting?

Except for the engine from what I read you did not run into serious problems or bad surprises during disassembly, right? Any mentionable missing parts so far?
    How's the wire harness and electric components looking?

Sorry if I am over-curious...

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

BadAss Hooligan

Iím planning powdercoat for the frame and swingarm and the rest will be 2K. There is a crapload of stuff missing but luckily there are vendors who supply most of what I need I am looking at a sizeable amount of cash to be put in unfortunately but I guess there is always overtime. Iím at 68 items so far that Iím missing and thatís a rough estimate. But itís things that went missing over the years so I guess it has to be done

Hooligan

Nice project Carlo, it seems that old Z1000 will keep you busy for quite a while ...
    Good luck finding all the missing parts.
    Can't wait to see that project finished.

BadAss Hooligan

Well it happened I tripped last night down some stairs holding the crank and i damaged one of the bearings luckily I found a guy who has so that's a bonus
    Attached Images  

Hooligan

Name:  my phone pics 130.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  3.18 MBThis is what the z1r Zuki dave posted a picture of look like, it had sat in a shed for 13 years. I hope you don't need a tank that was the most expensive part I had to buy. Good luck with your build.

BadAss Hooligan

nice project you have there how far are you with it?

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by zuki dave View Post
    I just got done getting this one back on the road for a buddy of mine, Bike sat for a few years.
    this one?

oh my that gives me hope yours is beautiful and my tank is in really good condition just need a fuel sender and some other bits

Hooligan

Yes that is the same bike as the gray one, I was able to find a set of body work with the large tank in Germany. That was the most expensive stuff I did to the bike. The only thing I didn't do was rebuild the motor. Oh yea I also found a brand new in the box little tank also from Germany that what is on there now. The z1r rides show much different than the zrx, I hope you are not short because it sit up high compared to a zrx with a corbin seat. Good luck on your bike, Z1 enterprise provided a bunch of parts.

BadAss Hooligan

Ok guys out there in ZRX land does anyone have fuel level sender and attaching parts I canít get one here
    Attached Images  

BadAss Hooligan

Whatís the P/N of those parts? Maybe it is a common part used in several models. The floater looks different from that in my Gipsy though. If you continue to have problems finding one, I can try and ask the German board I got your documents from.

Hooligan

Let me look around I might have the old from my tank I didn't use, Do you need the part with the float?

BadAss Hooligan

I need the whole thing I do t have any of it so floater and attaching bits
    Attached Images  

BadAss Hooligan

Well got some crank bearings NOS is America somewhere weren't cheap but Oh Well needs must. So new gearbox bearings and all cleaning of engine done now it's time for soda blast and paint
    Attached Images    

BadAss Hooligan

Is this any good ?.. I don't think its a bad price and I can personally recommend this seller, as I bought stuff off him in the past.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-...53.m1438.l2649

BadAss Hooligan

I think that might fit i will send him a message and ask thank you sir

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMamba View Post
    I think that might fit i will send him a message and ask thank you sir

aka The Streak

Very nice find. It looks like all the hard to find stuff is there.

If you don't find what you are looking for I may be able to help.

A bit more inspiration for you.

Name:  100.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  3.34 MB
    02 ZRX1200R

ZRXOA #8130

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Lawson View Post
    Very nice find. It looks like all the hard to find stuff is there.

If you don't find what you are looking for I may be able to help.

A bit more inspiration for you.

Attachment 314820
    That is a thing of beauty sir

BadAss Hooligan

Name:  IMG_2588.GIF
Views: 205
Size:  4.56 MB

BadAss Hooligan

Well not much happening on the Z1R just finishing a parts list and a new swing arm. After doing a lot of research Iíve found out a lot about the bike and itís unfortunately a bit of bitter but with that being said I have a few plans in store for it. I will run ZRX forks and wheels with a box swing arm and going to do a nice silver blue . Just have to put in the overtime hours now for the funds to continue this isnít going to be a cheap one

BadAss Hooligan

I had a 1980 KZ1000 wich I bought new and modified, big bore, cams, etc. The achilles heel of those bikes is the press together roller crankshaft in modded engines, not so much in stock engines, check those bearings well and if possible check crank alignment.

Mine had the full Falicon cranks treatment, night and day difference

Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

" WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE PRODUCT, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "

BadAss Hooligan

07-27-2019, 02:26 PMGreenMamba
    Well not much happening on the Z1R just finishing a parts list and a new swing arm. After doing a lot of research Iíve found out a lot about the bike and itís unfortunately a bit of bitter but with that being said I have a few plans in store for it. I will run ZRX forks and wheels with a box swing arm and going to do a nice silver blue . Just have to put in the overtime hours now for the funds to continue this isnít going to be a cheap one.
    What is the problem with what you found out if I may ask?
    Your plan though, sounds great and will definitely be worth the wait.

BadAss Hooligan

Well it is a genuine frame number of 000043 but the engine is in the 9k mark so that drops the value by quite a lot then there are bits from German and US models on it too. I was told it was a runner and was complete apart from a few brackets and some small items. I will have to put about £2500 into the engine alone before the bodywork or frame so am in two minds weather to get another engine completely or fix this one. I am a little sad about the whole engine as I was hopeful it was complete