+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

The New VW Type 2.. I want one badly !!

Hooligan

Re: The New VW Type 2.. I want one badly !!

Love it!

BadAss Hooligan

I like it! Not a fan of the shape of the steering wheel though.
    Evans
    Macon, GA

1972 Kawasaki H2 Mach IV 750
    1976 Suzuki GT 750
    1984 Yamaha RZ 350 (KR yellow/ black)

Color Monitor

Damn shame that they didn't put a proper engine in it.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post

TG
    That would have been nice
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

2009 Hooligan of the year

I wonder what the parameters were for that 375 mile range that was mentioned.

BadAss Hooligan

Very nice. 4WD, 300+ HP, & 80% charge in 30 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cundalini; 06-17-2019 at 03:54 PM.

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Hooligan

Already nicknamed the the 'Voltswagen', it will take a bit of battery capacity to cool that greenhouse.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post

TG
    Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    That would have been nice
    The fact that this future model is going to be electric only is what appeals to me.

I'm not a fully paid up member of The Tree Hugging Society (Yet !) , but I am looking forward to the electric motor infrastructure advancement in the UK.

If the motor manufacturers can crack the 15 min charging technology, then I'm in.

At the moment, only fully electric motor are free from Vehicle Road Tax ( a Tax based on vehicle emissions which has to be paid each year on a vehicle used on a public road ) .

With the current UK Road Tax ranging from £20 to £2070 per year and fuel costing on average $1.65 per Litre, then this electric car revolution can't come quick enough for me.

I personally think Hydrogen technology should be the future focus for the next generation of vehicles, because in 50 to a 100 years time, there's going to be a Himalayain size mountain of recyclable lithium batteries.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    The fact that this future model is going to be electric only is what appeals to me.

I'm not a fully paid up member of The Tree Hugging Society (Yet !) , but I am looking forward to the electric motor infrastructure advancement in the UK.

If the motor manufacturers can crack the 15 min charging technology, then I'm in.

At the moment, only fully electric motor are free from Vehicle Road Tax ( a Tax based on vehicle emissions which has to be paid each year on a vehicle used on a public road ) .

With the current UK Road Tax ranging from £20 to £2070 per year and fuel costing on average $1.65 per Litre, then this electric car revolution can't come quick enough for me.

I personally think Hydrogen technology should be the future focus for the next generation of vehicles, because in 50 to a 100 years time, there's going to be a Himalayain size mountain of recyclable lithium batteries.

Good points but breaking the 15 mins full- charge seems a bit over optimistic but you prolly know more than my rudimentary understanding on the matter. Keep in mind that there are charging stations throughout some municipalities and you could have one wired- up at your house where you could conceivably sell power back to the grid. I just donít see how someone could let the battery get that low that they would need to have a full charge in 15 minutes

BadAss Hooligan

At the moment Electric charging stations aren't abundant in the UK. Although the UK government wants to reduce their carbon footprint to zero by 2050, they've got a long, long way to go, because the infrastructure planning is way behind the electric car revolution demand.

I live in a City just outside the capital (with a population of 147,095 as of 2017) and in town we've only got 3 charging stations.

The battery hasn't advanced in decades. But we're on the verge of a new battery power revolution. Big technology and car companies are all too aware of the limitations of lithium-ion batteries. So they need to invest in smarter technology before the electric car can be relied upon to go on a 600 mile holiday round-trip without an overnight stay required.

Puppy Love
    Outside of the delivery area for Mikes furniture

useless unless you're a city living hippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I don't act like that and I have a small pe**s. I'm just gayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric308 View Post
    Hey, I'm two hours later here in Cheeseland if that would help. Right now I''m wearing a #69 Packer onesie with green stilettos.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

I get out and about as much as anyone, and I've yet to see a charging station.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

BadAss Hooligan

Being a full blooded VEEDUB fan Iím actually sad to see that VW canít be original they just reheat some old ideas and cover them with tomato sauce. What happened to their forward thinking like the MK1 Gold Gti or the Combi this is just another repopulated idea for hipsters. Agreed greener is needed thatís for sure but batteries on the scale of a million cars a year will only lead to larger holes in the earth to mine the rare metals required and exploite the 3rd world countries that own them.

Jds I agree with you I really do but someone needs a new idea hydrogen based as the battery is now getting to be the limit of where our technology can go and can achieve.

Till then Iíll keep filling up my W8 the does 17mpg because it makes a fantastic noise and goes like hell
    Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.

BOTM JUNE 2018 THE VANILLA GORILLA

Devilsí Advocate

Ozone is a pollutant.

...carry on....

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post

Clarity came out years ago but the infrastructure is just not there (outside of California)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ance/99787280/
    Hydrogen fuel-cell cars have the advantage of being able to be filled up in minutes and driven long distances unlike pure-electrics, which can require long periods plugged into a charger. The problem with hydrogen car is there are relatively few places to refill them, which is why range becomes so important.

California has been on a binge to add stations and now sports 26 statewide, according to Honda. Most other states have none -- so hydrogen cars remain largely a Golden State experiment -- at least on a wide scale.
    Only downside is you wouldnít have 300 hp on tap, at the drop- of- a- hat like you would in electric vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cundalini; 09-09-2019 at 03:58 PM.

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks for sharing that article.. Very interesting.

We live just outside of London and the nearest Hydrogen fueling station is 30 miles away .. Totally impracticable.

Bak. Derk-derka ala. Derka derka, Mohammed Jihad. Baka sherpa-sherpa. Abaka-la.

BadAss Hooligan

IMO, I think the electric vehicle as a daily commuter is a great idea, but it really needs to be basic transportation, we don't need 300+hp awd, etc to drive to the grocery store, when a 100 hp would do fine, don't need 300+ miles range, if the average weelky commute is 150 miles

They keep trying to make EV compete with IC, is a whole different culture/lifestyle, most people driving those fancy tesla are just posers or misinformed tree huggers

Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

" WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE PRODUCT, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Allen#212 View Post
    IMO, I think the electric vehicle as a daily commuter is a great idea, but it really needs to be basic transportation, we don't need 300+hp awd, etc to drive to the grocery store, when a 100 hp would do fine, don't need 300+ miles range, if the average weelky commute is 150 miles

They keep trying to make EV compete with IC, is a whole different culture/lifestyle, most people driving those fancy tesla are just posers or misinformed tree huggers
    If I can't drive it 500 miles in a single day, easily get enough charge overnight and drive back the next, it is of zero use to me. I can't afford to own two cars to do one car's job.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    If I can't drive it 500 miles in a single day, easily get enough charge overnight and drive back the next, it is of zero use to me. I can't afford to own two cars to do one car's job.
    ...and it needs to be able to do the above pulling a 1000-1500 pound trailer.

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

You guys are missing the point.

Take it camping, put Bob Marley's "Legend" album on and then smoke some cheeba after dousing yourself with lots of patchouli and you won't have any more range anxiety from running out of juice.

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Badass Hooligan

Electric may get there but it ain't close enough, yet. The total carbon footprint isn't that much smaller.
    Yeah, modernize a opposed four and we have a microbus!!! Wish I had my '66 back!

TMZ of the ZRXOA

At my age and stage in life, I seriously doubt that I'll ever own an electric vehicle of any kind. The interest and motivation just doesn't exist in me.

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    At my age and stage in life, I seriously doubt that I'll ever own an electric vehicle of any kind. The interest and motivation just doesn't exist in me.
    ...shocking...

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Electric may get there but it ain't close enough, yet. The total carbon footprint isn't that much smaller.
    Yeah, modernize a opposed four and we have a microbus!!! Wish I had my '66 back!
    Fun fact. If you add theoretically added 10% more cars to the road instantly, MORE people will die from pollution if they are electric vs ICE. Zero emissions is BS. You're just moving them from the tailpipe to the coal power plants that generate the electricity.

My Vanagon has the final revision of the flat 4 that was introduced in 1938. Its a waterboxer that makes 90 HP compared to the 24 HP of the original. VW was 12 years ahead of Porsche in water cooling their boxer engine. If they did a modern clean sheet design that was horizontally opposed I'd just about jump out of my pants to buy it!

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    ...shocking...

Naw......I just think of myself as well grounded.

BadAss Hooligan

I owned about a dozen different beetle's and a few wagons back in the day, all aircooled, probably wrenched/modified/painted, etc. dozens more, even built a few highly modified dune buggies, it was possibly the most common/cheap car to modify when I lived in Puerto Rico, good times.

The beetle is one of the greatest vehicle designs of all time IMO, designed by the great Ferdinand Porsche.(do a Google search)

The main reason Porsche went to water cooling was to have a more narrow operating temperature range, allowed easier fuel mapping, driveability and thus better emissions. The aircooled version actually ran cooler overall, causing fuel mapping issues, etc. Power was not a issue, last versions of the aircooled 3.6 litre flat six made 285hp N/A, 408hp turbo in 1996 !!

To be honest after 'DieselGate" is hard for me to warmup to the VW brand

Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

" WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE PRODUCT, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "