+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

The New VW Type 2.. I want one badly !!

Hooligan

Re: The New VW Type 2.. I want one badly !!

Love it!

BadAss Hooligan

I like it! Not a fan of the shape of the steering wheel though.
    Evans
    Macon, GA

1972 Kawasaki H2 Mach IV 750
    1976 Suzuki GT 750
    1984 Yamaha RZ 350 (KR yellow/ black)

Color Monitor

Damn shame that they didn't put a proper engine in it.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post

TG
    That would have been nice
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

2009 Hooligan of the year

I wonder what the parameters were for that 375 mile range that was mentioned.

BadAss Hooligan

The New VW Type 2.. I want one badly !!

Very nice. 4WD, 300+ HP, & 80% charge in 30 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cundalini; 06-17-2019 at 02:54 PM.

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Hooligan

Already nicknamed the the 'Voltswagen', it will take a bit of battery capacity to cool that greenhouse.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post

TG
    Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    That would have been nice
    The fact that this future model is going to be electric only is what appeals to me.

I'm not a fully paid up member of The Tree Hugging Society (Yet !) , but I am looking forward to the electric motor infrastructure advancement in the UK.

If the motor manufacturers can crack the 15 min charging technology, then I'm in.

At the moment, only fully electric motor are free from Vehicle Road Tax ( a Tax based on vehicle emissions which has to be paid each year on a vehicle used on a public road ) .

With the current UK Road Tax ranging from £20 to £2070 per year and fuel costing on average $1.65 per Litre, then this electric car revolution can't come quick enough for me.

I personally think Hydrogen technology should be the future focus for the next generation of vehicles, because in 50 to a 100 years time, there's going to be a Himalayain size mountain of recyclable lithium batteries.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    The fact that this future model is going to be electric only is what appeals to me.

I'm not a fully paid up member of The Tree Hugging Society (Yet !) , but I am looking forward to the electric motor infrastructure advancement in the UK.

If the motor manufacturers can crack the 15 min charging technology, then I'm in.

At the moment, only fully electric motor are free from Vehicle Road Tax ( a Tax based on vehicle emissions which has to be paid each year on a vehicle used on a public road ) .

With the current UK Road Tax ranging from £20 to £2070 per year and fuel costing on average $1.65 per Litre, then this electric car revolution can't come quick enough for me.

I personally think Hydrogen technology should be the future focus for the next generation of vehicles, because in 50 to a 100 years time, there's going to be a Himalayain size mountain of recyclable lithium batteries.

Good points but breaking the 15 mins full- charge seems a bit over optimistic but you prolly know more than my rudimentary understanding on the matter. Keep in mind that there are charging stations throughout some municipalities and you could have one wired- up at your house where you could conceivably sell power back to the grid. I just donít see how someone could let the battery get that low that they would need to have a full charge in 15 minutes

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

BadAss Hooligan

At the moment Electric charging stations aren't abundant in the UK. Although the UK government wants to reduce their carbon footprint to zero by 2050, they've got a long, long way to go, because the infrastructure planning is way behind the electric car revolution demand.

I live in a City just outside the capital (with a population of 147,095 as of 2017) and in town we've only got 3 charging stations.

The battery hasn't advanced in decades. But we're on the verge of a new battery power revolution. Big technology and car companies are all too aware of the limitations of lithium-ion batteries. So they need to invest in smarter technology before the electric car can be relied upon to go on a 600 mile holiday round-trip without an overnight stay required.

Puppy Love
    Outside of the delivery area for Mikes furniture

useless unless you're a city living hippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I don't act like that and I have a small pe**s. I'm just gayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric308 View Post
    Hey, I'm two hours later here in Cheeseland if that would help. Right now I''m wearing a #69 Packer onesie with green stilettos.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin