+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Father Joe

Re: 2019 Iron Butt Rally: you too can come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Cundalini View Post
    Thanks for the Update! Is #126 in the lead?

Attachment 313433
    I don't have an update on the leader and am not going to text John Harrison (he's way too busy) to ask. We'll just have to get our info like ever other spectator.

Which leads to-------there's a new update report from John. Here's the link-poo >>> http://ibr.wvi.com/ibr/2019/2019IBR_...une22_Day6.pdf

Some of the ailments that befall these guys is simply unimaginable when these type of rides start (who the hell doesn't put the memory card back in their camera when they're going to be taking authentication photos of bonus locations?).
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    I don't have an update on the leader and am not going to text John Harrison (he's way too busy) to ask. We'll just have to get our info like ever other spectator.

Which leads to-------there's a new update report from John. Here's the link-poo >>> http://ibr.wvi.com/ibr/2019/2019IBR_...une22_Day6.pdf

Some of the ailments that befall these guys is simply unimaginable when these type of rides start (who the hell doesn't put the memory card back in their camera when they're going to be taking authentication photos of bonus locations?).
    I was just looking at the map and that one pointer is way ahead going back East

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

CRACKERMAN

When you text him next time can you ask him to poll the riders and see what the preferred underwear is for this sort of riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Isaac is NOT a zrx purist.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    When you text him next time can you ask him to poll the riders and see what the preferred underwear is for this sort of riding?
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Father Joe

Let us not forget the famous NASA astronaut love triangle of some 5 years ago. Where there was one male astronaut and two "loins on fire" female astronauts.

Dude astronaut was in Cape Canaveral. LOF#1 Chicky astronaut was in Cape Canaveral. LOF#2 Chicky astronaut was in Houston. LOF#2 Chicky somehow became enraged and set out from Houston for said Cape Canaveral. Not wanting to leave any time on the table LOF#2 Chicky adult diapered up and proceeded to drive Houston-Cape Canaveral without stopping and found soft comfort in pissing and sh!tting herself along the way to her personal record setting "commute."

I believe that self-pissing technology is available for the everyday ZRXOA member who's looking for the incremental advantage in life. And any Iron Butt Rally participants, who themselves, seek that incremental advantage. YMMV.

Last edited by McGovZRX; 06-24-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Kwackifoofoo

Father Joe

Time for them little horsies to come home. Take a look. And 3 of the 4 great white northerners are indeed still going and beating a track across the Alaska Highway. My previous statement of Thursday Greenville, SC arrival is in error. There is rest calculated so they will be rolling in Friday morning.

Also, John has said to expect for him to reveal by tomorrow why these hardcores went all the way to Alaska. I'm guessing: an almost "Sure to Win" amount of bonus points if done successfully.

https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=664

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

Time for them little horsies to come home. Take a look. And 3 of the 4 great white northerners are indeed still going and beating a track across the Alaska Highway. My previous statement of Thursday Greenville, SC arrival is in error. There is rest calculated so they will be rolling in Friday morning.

Also, John has said to expect for him to reveal by tomorrow why these hardcores went all the way to Alaska. I'm guessing: an almost "Sure to Win" amount of bonus points if done successfully.

they're all over the place. Did some take the clockwise route and the others the anti- clockwise route?

CRACKERMAN

is 109 on a kawasaki?
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Isaac is NOT a zrx purist.

BadAss Hooligan

ST1300? Also looks like a nice one- piece Riding suit. Roadcrafter perhaps?

Name:  ironbutt.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  221.7 KB

I was just looking ay some suits and they cost as much as the leather ones. I prefer synthetic/denier cordura to leather

https://www.aerostich.com/men-s-road...iece-suit.html

Father Joe

It now truly is: Eastbound and Down.

48 hours and counting. The horsies are surrounding the ranch as they are scattered across the midwestern/eastern United States. Spotwalla says "everyone is now out of Alaska."

John has not yet divulged the incentive for RISKING IT ALL and going to Alaska. Yup. I'm dying to know. Cundi? Ehhh, not so much. He is still trying to figger out if one can pee in a Stitch.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

So what’s this thread about again?

Father Joe

The horsies are now home to where it all started: Greenville, South Carolina.

There's no "wrap up" for me to provide on this mega insanity that is the Iron Butt Rally. There is a forthcoming epilogue that will do that for us.

But till then we have a Sidebar. A written look inside just a little bit of the "why?" As again penned by Birmingham's John Harrison. You ever get a chance to meet John.....you shouldn't pass it up.

http://ibr.wvi.com/ibr/2019/2019IBR_Sidebar_2.pdf

Kwackifoofoo