+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

Took my SV1000 out for a rider today...

I have an '03 SV1000 naked that sits in the back corner of my garage most of the time. I dug it out today and climbed aboard for a nice 30 mile rip. Usually, when I do get a chance to ride it, it's for a short trip to the coffee shop. But, today I wanted to burn up some of last year's fuel left in the tank. I had forgotten how much fun it is to ride. It handles great, sounds great, has plenty of power, looks cool as hell and wheelies with ease.
    I also had forgotten how old I've become. 30 miles is about my limit...maybe 35. It is a true sport bike and has the ergos to prove it. Gotta say I'm glad I've kept her though. She still puts a big smile on my face...

Beetle Bagged Hooligan
    KotF Firestarter

Re: Took my SV1000 out for a rider today...

I bought a '19 Z900 towards the end of April and got 900 miles on it already, the REX has about 100 so far.
    Slowly be getting back to riding the old girl more but it's just feeling heavy, slower and well... old.
    Not going to sell it but definitely taking a back seat unless the Wife wants to ride the Z then I'll break it out.
    Has served me well for 17 years, 67K miles and a lot of great rides, it's just time to go more modern.

Enjoy the ride when you can
    "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

ZRXOA # 5243

Mainely here

Quote Originally Posted by the-atc-kid View Post
    I have an '03 SV1000 naked that sits in the back corner of my garage most of the time. I dug it out today and climbed aboard for a nice 30 mile rip. Usually, when I do get a chance to ride it, it's for a short trip to the coffee shop. But, today I wanted to burn up some of last year's fuel left in the tank. I had forgotten how much fun it is to ride. It handles great, sounds great, has plenty of power, looks cool as hell and wheelies with ease.
    I also had forgotten how old I've become. 30 miles is about my limit...maybe 35. It is a true sport bike and has the ergos to prove it. Gotta say I'm glad I've kept her though. She still puts a big smile on my face...
    I've got an 03 S model. Track only at this time. They are a hoot to ride and you're right. Handling, power, sound, it's all there.

Have fun man!

BadAss Hooligan

I regrettable sold my 03 Naked after completing a major buildup. I miss it very much and regret selling her!

Cory
    '99 ZRX (Green) #8998
    '76 KZ900
    '08 Concours 1400

Father Joe

This is where I got to with my 1997 YZF1000R and my 1999 YZR1000R1. Though I'm TOUCH AS STEEL and could get 75 miles of a ride before locking up. I still miss those bikes
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

I used to be....

I hope to get a naked SV1000 someday, been wanting one since seeing the one Simon had, latter going to FD. I think it would be a bike to keep like the ZRX & KLR.

BadAss Hooligan

Here's a 2006 SV1000S posted in my local CL. https://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy...894415381.html

Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

Not sure if it's related, but I am now completely crippled. Threw my lower back out and am gimping around.... Coincidence?

CarlM

I had my daughters SV650S for a while. I liked the way it ran but I didn't like the low bars. thought a SV 1000 nekkid would be fun. I ended up with a super duke.

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

I used to be....

Not sure if it's related, but I am now completely crippled. Threw my lower back out and am gimping around.... Coincidence?
    No correlation, hope you recover quickly