+ Reply to Thread
    Thinking, So You Don't Have To
    The Inland Empire (not as ominous as it sounds)

P & R Thread: No. 3 in a Series

So, can any of you out there give us the "dope" of the difference between Psilocybin mushrooms and Reefer?

What is the upscale drug user into these days? Inquiring minds want to know.
    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, American patriot.

"Red is faster of course" 8/5/19 Ca Pete acknowledges the obvious.

Father Joe

Re: P & R Thread: No. 3 in a Series

I was a happy, joyous and prolific consumer of both in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Two completely different "trips." Note, those <<<< are safe quotation marks.

For starters, the reefer then was good for about a solid hour of flying high.

Psilo (aka: shrooms) was a multi hour non-stop flight. 6 hours of full on tripping was common with the good stuff.

I love P&R.

Motorcycle content: I never, and one should never, ride a motorbike when either of P&R is in one's (safe <<< apostrophe) system.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

2009 Hooligan of the year

P & R = Prophylactics & Rubbers

Father Joe

P & R = Pinheads & Retards.

Kwackifoofoo

P & R = Platypuses & Rhinos

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  25.2 KB

Name:  shutterstock-618790130.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  550.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post

That may have been No. 4 in a series! Now you've pimped it.
    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, American patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    I was a happy, joyous and prolific consumer of both in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Two completely different "trips." Note, those <<<< are safe quotation marks.

For starters, the reefer then was good for about a solid hour of flying high.

Psilo (aka: shrooms) was a multi hour non-stop flight. 6 hours of full on tripping was common with the good stuff.

I love P&R.

Motorcycle content: I never, and one should never, ride a motorbike when either of P&R is in one's (safe <<< apostrophe) system.
    I hear today's marijuana products are much stronger than "back in the day" though. A friend who works with seriously disturbed people has told me that people have had very serious psychotic reactions to it and it has created permanent issues. She's against legalization of MJ though she likes prescription drugs for her fun.

So, on the 'shrooms, what was the tripping about? I've never indulged with any drug.

Father Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Rickrides View Post
    I hear today's marijuana products are much stronger than "back in the day" though. A friend who works with seriously disturbed people has told me that people have had very serious psychotic reactions to it and it has created permanent issues. She's against legalization of MJ though she likes prescription drugs for her fun.

So, on the 'shrooms, what was the tripping about? I've never indulged with any drug.
    There truly are hallucinations. From breathing walls to dog's fur changing color. One of the all time best was, when about 17 years old, took a bunch and was sitting on the bench at the front of the local school while a late night fog rolled in. And out. And in. And out. Side note: once saturated with good shrooms you can drink an insane amount of alcohol. But I was a very well trained professional. I'm not advocating that for any simple souls. Or nomads who may frequent this here lil' motorbike board.

Kwackifoofoo

I've never indulged with any drug.
    Not even alcohol?

Super Moderator
    I is Approving Stuff

I never saw either shrooms or peyote, and would never take either of them due to 1: mushrooms can seriously mess you up, or kill you if you don't know wth you're doing.
    2: Peyote, from what I read in High Times magazine, those would make you ill and vomit, then you would trip / see visions for 6 - 8 hours.. so a hard pass on that stuff.

Cannabis.. well, the stuff we most commonly got was low grade mexican dirt weed / brick weed, and now, most cannabis is just the high quality Buds / flowers, and they are much higher in the resins than the leaves, so THAT'S where most people draw their conclusions about weed being so much stronger today.

I did get some golden colored Buds a few times back in the 70s', and yeah, it was and eye opener.. still only about a 2 hour buzz, and you're fine the next day as far as not having any Hangover effects. I could smoke a joint during the day, then go to work on 2nd shift without a problem.

Edible cannabis products are another matter, they present as more of a Body high, than a head trip, and they can take a couple of hours before taking effect, then last 6 - 8 hours depending on the quality and the quantity.. and from personal experience, those can leave you feeling slightly spacey / mentally foggy, the next day for a couple of hours, but not feeling ill, like with an alcohol Hangover.

Sometimes I forget people can see me make the jerk off motion when they're talking to me...

I used to be....

No drugs for me unless you count the occasional beer or bourbon sampling. Just wanted to post in a P&R thread. Last prescription pain medication was the early 80's, injection on the day I was burned (2nd & 3rd on most of my leg) and the day I got out of the hospital from that. Didn't like the feeling of not knowing what was going on.

Not even alcohol?
    Anyone who has ever attended a rally which I also have attended knows that is not the case.

Mr. Technicality.

I should have clarified "illegal" drug. I have also taken prescription meds. just to be perfectly clear. (That's a Nixon quote).

Quote Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
    I never saw either shrooms or peyote, and would never take either of them due to 1: mushrooms can seriously mess you up, or kill you if you don't know wth you're doing.
    2: Peyote, from what I read in High Times magazine, those would make you ill and vomit, then you would trip / see visions for 6 - 8 hours.. so a hard pass on that stuff.

Cannabis.. well, the stuff we most commonly got was low grade mexican dirt weed / brick weed, and now, most cannabis is just the high quality Buds / flowers, and they are much higher in the resins than the leaves, so THAT'S where most people draw their conclusions about weed being so much stronger today.

I did get some golden colored Buds a few times back in the 70s', and yeah, it was and eye opener.. still only about a 2 hour buzz, and you're fine the next day as far as not having any Hangover effects. I could smoke a joint during the day, then go to work on 2nd shift without a problem.

Edible cannabis products are another matter, they present as more of a Body high, than a head trip, and they can take a couple of hours before taking effect, then last 6 - 8 hours depending on the quality and the quantity.. and from personal experience, those can leave you feeling slightly spacey / mentally foggy, the next day for a couple of hours, but not feeling ill, like with an alcohol Hangover.
    Interesting contrasts. I think today's MJ is seriously bred to create more THC content.

My wife used a MJ based cream that she rubs on her back for pain. She says it works well. We got my mom some hemp based cream for her arthritis and she likes it a lot--maybe too much.

There truly are hallucinations. From breathing walls to dog's fur changing color. One of the all time best was, when about 17 years old, took a bunch and was sitting on the bench at the front of the local school while a late night fog rolled in. And out. And in. And out. Side note: once saturated with good shrooms you can drink an insane amount of alcohol. But I was a very well trained professional. I'm not advocating that for any simple souls. Or nomads who may frequent this here lil' motorbike board.
    Thanks for sharing. Interesting.

The middle of 5 brothers in my family was way into drugs and alcohol and was in rehab for his 21st BD. Got cleaned up and became a great drug/alcohol counselor at treatment centers. Now teaches about addiction at our alma matter, CSUF.

BadAss Hooligan

Magic mushrooms could replace antidepressants within five years, says new psychedelic research centre

Denver has decriminalised magic mushrooms – the medicinal power of psychedelics is finally being recognised

The title of the first article is a bit optimistic, but if a little mushroom therapy can help people get right and off SSRI's, the world will be a better place for it. I'm sure big pharma is working to prevent that from happening, but hey, at least progress is taking place...

BadAss Hooligan

BadAss Hooligan

Interesting contrasts.

My wife used a MJ based cream that she rubs on her back for pain. She says it works well. We got my mom some hemp based cream for her arthritis and she likes it a lot--maybe too much.
    Hemp based, medicinal CBD completely different characteristics (very little or 0% THC). Cannabis, based CBD is a whole different animal.
    God, grant others the serenity and wisdom to change the things I cannot accept.

'We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.' -Anais Nin

69 H1 500
    71 H2 750
    73 Z1
    74 Z1
    76 KZ650
    78 Z1R
    00 HD XLHC (11yrs 206,000mi)
    85 CB700SC
    99 ZRX1100

Hemp based, medicinal CBD completely different characteristics (very little or 0% THC). Cannabis, based CBD is a whole different animal.
    Yeah, but they seem to have the same pain relief effect. Both legal here in CA.

BadAss Hooligan

Been there, done that. Only difference with rooms is ya felt a little more organic, natural or holistic. Synthetic chemicals, (hallucinogens) in my opinion were more predictable in time buzzed and how high.

69 H1 500
    71 H2 750
    73 Z1
    74 Z1
    76 KZ650
    78 Z1R
    85 CB700SC
    99 ZRX1100

I like morphine.

BadAss Hooligan

I like morphine.
    Demerol, Cadillac of narcotics (when allergic reaction to morphine almost kills ya).

69 H1 500
    71 H2 750
    73 Z1
    74 Z1
    76 KZ650
    78 Z1R
    85 CB700SC
    99 ZRX1100

I used to be....

I don't get the whole drug/weed/alcohol thing. I've had broken bones, severe burns (the most painful), cuts and other pains, used pain meds twice didn't like how it affected me. Been drunk a few times, don't like that feeling either. Our belief is nothing good comes from drugs/weed/alcohol but there are certainly a lot of bad things that can happen from using. Had grand parents abuse alcohol and my father abused prescription drugs, perhaps they work out better for other families. Pain is no fun but at least you know you're alive, we have a couple of beers or sample some bourbon occasionally when out with friends. Have a bottle of Johnny Walker red label we're holding until our youngest graduates (he bought it when he turned 21)

Quote Originally Posted by AL Terry View Post

I don't get the whole drug/weed/alcohol thing. I've had broken bones, severe burns (the most painful), cuts and other pains, used pain meds twice didn't like how it affected me. Been drunk a few times, don't like that feeling either. Our belief is nothing good comes from drugs/weed/alcohol but there are certainly a lot of bad things that can happen from using. Had grand parents abuse alcohol and my father abused prescription drugs, perhaps they work out better for other families. Pain is no fun but at least you know you're alive, we have a couple of beers or sample some bourbon occasionally when out with friends. Have a bottle of Johnny Walker red label we're holding until our youngest graduates (he bought it when he turned 21)