+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    2009 Hooligan of the year

Re: Pleasantly eating dinner....

Time to contact their insurance agent. Still going to be a PITA though.

I be (no apostrophe!) bummed for you, dude.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by rezrokit View Post
    She was pretty hot, and I parked so that cars could see my bike before they tried to pull in. I talked to her tonight with a list of parts that were damaged and she acted like I pissed in her Cheerios. No remorse or sorry-ness at all, almost like I was bothering her, and she said she needs a typed estimate via email listing every part, part number, description of partand price of part that was damaged so she could give it to their accountant so they could decide what they would pay for. I feel like showing up at her office tomorrow morning and reminding her that she fucked up and crashed my prized possession and that it wasnt me that crashed her brand new $70,000 truck into my motorcycle and to go fuck herself and look up all those discontinued parts herself, Iíve already spent probably 15 hours tracking down part numbers and prices and shit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

Hooligan

Tell her to bring her checkbook and meet you at the local Kawasaki dealer or call your insurance company and let them handle it. Root beer and orange looks great on the Z 900 RS. You aren't hurt but I had a Buddy one time that hit someone who racked up some additional damages and punitive charges against him because they couldn't sleep because of nightmares about the accident and needed therapy. It could happen.

huckleberry squarepants

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Time to contact their insurance agent. Still going to be a PITA though.

I be (no apostrophe!) bummed for you, dude.

^
    This!

She had her chance. Now her company is going to have to deal with higher insurance rates.

BadAss Hooligan

She was pretty hot, and I parked so that cars could see my bike before they tried to pull in. I talked to her tonight with a list of parts that were damaged and she acted like I pissed in her Cheerios. No remorse or sorry-ness at all, almost like I was bothering her, and she said she needs a typed estimate via email listing every part, part number, description of partand price of part that was damaged so she could give it to their accountant so they could decide what they would pay for. I feel like showing up at her office tomorrow morning and reminding her that she fucked up and crashed my prized possession and that it wasnt me that crashed her brand new $70,000 truck into my motorcycle and to go fuck herself and look up all those discontinued parts herself, Iíve already spent probably 15 hours tracking down part numbers and prices and shit."

-So she probably got reamed in work and she's doing her best to keep her job. Here comes the part where they try to get away with paying you as little as possible. Maybe nothing.
    I'd at least talk to the police and tell them the story. Tell them you didn't know to call them as it was on private property and the fact she said her boss would pay. This way the cops don't think they YOU were trying to pull something shady.

If they in fact do have an accountant he'll run the numbers and see what works out best for THEM. But they will only do this if they surely know you are about to get the insurance company involved. There may be a time limit for this.
    "Enjoy your body, use it in every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or care what other people think of it... It is the greatest instrument you will ever own". Baz Luhrmann

Hooligan

Go file a police report. She/They are going to try and stiff you.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by zarex View Post
    She was pretty hot, and I parked so that cars could see my bike before they tried to pull in. I talked to her tonight with a list of parts that were damaged and she acted like I pissed in her Cheerios. No remorse or sorry-ness at all, almost like I was bothering her, and she said she needs a typed estimate via email listing every part, part number, description of partand price of part that was damaged so she could give it to their accountant so they could decide what they would pay for. I feel like showing up at her office tomorrow morning and reminding her that she fucked up and crashed my prized possession and that it wasnt me that crashed her brand new $70,000 truck into my motorcycle and to go fuck herself and look up all those discontinued parts herself, Iíve already spent probably 15 hours tracking down part numbers and prices and shit."

-So she probably got reamed in work and she's doing her best to keep her job. Here comes the part where they try to get away with paying you as little as possible. Maybe nothing.
    I'd at least talk to the police and tell them the story. Tell them you didn't know to call them as it was on private property and the fact she said her boss would pay. This way the cops don't think they YOU were trying to pull something shady.

If they in fact do have an accountant he'll run the numbers and see what works out best for THEM. But they will only do this if they surely know you are about to get the insurance company involved. There may be a time limit for this.
    I feel for you man. Does negative advertisement work over there via internet media?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

BadAss Hooligan

Years ago I lived in another state and was driving in a snowstorm and my Jeep hit a brand new F350 pickup as I slid into him at a light. He had front bumper damage, my Jeep had none and the guy got out and said the truck was 4 days old. I said lets call the police. Police said they were busy and if no injuries exchange info and within 2 days call back and file a report. No police responded. I told him get me the price for the bumper and I would pay since I slid into him. I called the police 2 days later and filed a report and let my insurance company know the day it happened on a voicemail message. I sent the guy a check for the $300.00 bumper. A few days later I get a call from my insurance guy saying why didn't I report an accident. I told him I did check the machine. He said the guy I hit totaled his vehicle 2 days after I hit him and said I did it. They found out he was lying and never heard anything about it again.
    Member # 7722

BadAss Hooligan

Dude, even if she said they plan to pay out of pocket, get a police report and contact her insurance company. This sounds like it's going to turn into a shitstorm.
    Also, have your local Kawi dealer do the estimate. It's much more official. Their accountant isn't going to buy/believe one you made up yourself. Like I stated in a previous post, even if there are parts discontinued, the dealer still has the msrp for them in their computer. Have the service department write up a repair order as well.
    Sounds like you're running out of time here to reach a happy resolution. Good luck!

BadAss Hooligan

Having the woman say don't contact the insurance company is like a woman saying I cant get pregnant! Never believe them! By not telling the insurance company I think that is illegal in some cases. Read your insurance fine print. Actually someone on here is a lawyer if I recall so ask them they would know what to do.
    Member # 7722

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

I've only gone down once in all of my years of riding on the street. That one time was back in 1977, a few months after I got out of the military.

A young, newly licensed female pulled right out in front of me. I almost got by her. I clipped the rear of her car and down I went. I was back up and on my feet just as fast as I went down.

No real injuries to me, just my few months old 1976 KZ 900. It was a hold-over that I bought brand-new. It had Lester mags on it, Jardine Weed-Burner exhaust pipes, and a king / queen seat. It was basically an LTD before Kawasaki even came out with an LTD.

Anyways, when I hit her, she stopped across the street. I got my bike out of the roadway and off to the side. I walked over to her and said a few choice expletives. I scared the Hell out of her. We exchanged info., I went back to my bike, and gave it a good look-over. Almost all the damage was cosmetic in nature. As I was looking it over, I noticed an elderly woman taking it all in from her front lawn.

I walked over to her and asked if she saw what had occurred? She said she saw it all. She gave me her name and phone number.

I returned to my bike and started it back up. It sounded fine. I slowly rode it home. I called the young gal's insurance carrier immediately. No police were called and / or responded to the scene.

Luckily, everything went fine. Her insurance paid for a rental car for me for two weeks. My bike was my only transportation at that time. Damages to my bike came to $1100.00 and change. Everything was repaired to my full satisfaction, that being due to the fact that I knew the owners of the Kawasaki dealership.

That was a long time ago, when most people still wanted to do the right thing. In this day & age, things are much different. You can't trust most people any further than you can physically throw them any more.

Hope it all turns out well for the OP.
    Last edited by dano; 06-11-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

President Emeritus

Tell her you talked to your Lawyer and decided that she would either need to give you cash immediately or you were heading to your insurance company and then to the police to file an accident report.

Just Some Random Guy

My experience;
    I got into a conversation with a young coworker after work. He didn't like how the conversation went, so when he left the establishment, he kicked over the ZRX. An employee of the restaurant witnessed the action and called the cops.

I was able to get reimbursed via the court order against him.

Last edited by AV80R; Today at 03:47 AM. Reason: No politics

An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG
    Apparently, the term "hooligan" means something completely different on this forum than what I'm used to. Apparently it's synonymous with "compliant fluffball".
    Quote Originally Posted by zrx24
    I hate these kind of threads. Half the time it's due to some other stupid shit they've done to their bike that they thought was too insignificant to mention until page 8.

BadAss Hooligan

Any update?