+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Stuffed Up

F*&^#ing Aussie Cops

Thoughts on this one? I know what I think.

I got booked in Sydney on the weekend (a different state - about 600 miles away) for not producing licence at an RBT (been RBT’d many times in my state and never asked to produce licence at all). At home you MAY be given 48 hours to present your licence at a police station (as per the guidelines they provide). I had a copy on my phone (as photo) that was sufficient enough for the cop to confirm I was who I said I was and had a valid licence – also sufficient enough for them to SEND the fine to me (I did not get a paper copy).

I know it’s my fault, but this just re-enforces my (and many others) view that policing in Australia is ALL about revenue. Grrrrrr

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

BadAss Hooligan

Re: F*&^#ing Aussie Cops

Police.

Noun. Policy Enforcers.

Same thing over here. Just a part of being a productive member of society.
    ZRXOA 8377
    '01 Green Machine with some Bling
    '00 RC51
    '83 GPz 550-- Number 4.
    93 Ninja 1100

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who will not try, no explanation is possible

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by bossracer View Post
    Police.

Noun. Policy Enforcers.

Same thing over here. Just a part of being a productive member of society.
    I have nothing against real police, in fact I have several friends in the force that are great people.

They ALSO hate our traffic cops........................ (revenue raisers)

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Born In The USA

So, you don't carry your driver's licence with you? You have a photo of it on your phone? That would get you a ticket here too.

They have gone to great lengths to make it hard to forge a California licence, so a photo of one would never do.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    So, you don't carry your driver's licence with you? You have a photo of it on your phone? That would get you a ticket here too.

They have gone to great lengths to make it hard to forge a California licence, so a photo of one would never do.
    Just putting it out there that we are in 2019! All my credit cards are digital and in fact my licence HAS an NFC chip in it. Also in that state (NSW) they have been trialling digital licences since 2018!

He was obviously confident I was who my photo of my licence said I was and details on it were correct (how is he getting ticket to me in the mail if he's not confident of the details on it?) and that I had a VALID licence - otherwise surely I wouldnt have been allowed to drive away?

BadAss Hooligan

used to be a $5 fine here if you forgot your license at home. Don't know what it is now. The cops have cop computers. All they have to do is put your name in and show you have a current license but yep- revenue enhancement.

I heard CHP in the desert is like that as well. A lot of rural areas its the only revenue stream they have

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Born In The USA

Fake licences are a big problem here, and most people have Photoshop or know someone that does.

I just got a new one last month, as they wanted to see for themselves how anybody that old could make it to the car without help.

It has 2 holograms, and embossed number (my birthday) over my face in the photo, my signature is actually raised, there are color ghost images of sail boats, flowers, a gold miner with raised numbers over it for my birthday, and the shape of the state with a small image of my photo over that. And that is just on the front. The back has a bar code, magnetic strip, pictogram code thingy, a color ghost image of a bridge over water with flying birds, my birthday is printed sideways in a small raised font and my signature is printed very small over a geometric pattern.

Not that they have had any problems with this. So, a photo will not do.

My pilot's certificate is fairly simple compared to that, but it does have one hologram.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cundalini View Post
    used to be a $5 fine here if you forgot your license at home. Don't know what it is now. The cops have cop computers. All they have to do is put your name in and show you have a current license but yep- revenue enhancement. I heard CHP in the desert is like that as well. A lot of rural areas its the only revenue stream they have

That's exactly what 90% of it here is, yes stopping people from doing crazy stuff and dangerous stuff is absolutely important. Fining someone for doing 1kph over the limit (yes, they can and DO do that here) is blatant revenue raising.

Fake licences are a big problem here, and most people have Photoshop or know someone that does.

I just got a new one last month, as they wanted to see for themselves how anybody that old could make it to the car without help.

It has 2 holograms, and embossed number (my birthday) over my face in the photo, my signature is actually raised, there are color ghost images of sail boats, flowers, a gold miner with raised numbers over it for my birthday, and the shape of the state with a small image of my photo over that. And that is just on the front. The back has a bar code, magnetic strip, pictogram code thingy, a color ghost image of a bridge over water with flying birds, my birthday is printed sideways in a small raised font and my signature is printed very small over a geometric pattern.

Not that they have had any problems with this. So, a photo will not do.

My pilot's certificate is fairly simple compared to that, but it does have one hologram.
    That is absolutely crazy! Surely in this day and age with the tech we have we can find solutions!?!?!?!

President of the ZRXOA

F*&^#ing Aussie Cops

Cadman. Take a UV light to it and there’s even more.

Dirk, sorry you’re getting hassled by the heat.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Stuffed Up

Cadman. Take a UV light to it and there’s even more.

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    That's exactly what 90% of it here is, yes stopping people from doing crazy stuff and dangerous stuff is absolutely important. Fining someone for doing 1kph over the limit (yes, they can and DO do that here) is blatant revenue raising.

That is absolutely crazy! Surely in this day and age with the tech we have we can find solutions!?!?!?!
    The available tech is the problem. You can fake almost anything. Want to see video of you confessing to a murder? There is an app for that.

We have millions of invaders in our state. They get jobs and government services with fake IDs.

I think soon everybody has to have one of these to get on a plane in the US.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

President of the ZRXOA

Is yours a RealID or the standard one Bill?
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Born In The USA

I think it's the standard one, as it says federal limits apply.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Stuffed Up

The available tech is the problem. You can fake almost anything. Want to see video of you confessing to a murder? There is an app for that.

We have millions of invaders in our state. They get jobs and government services with fake IDs.

Tattoos or implanted computer chips

BadAss Hooligan

I got booked in Sydney on the weekend (a different state - about 600 miles away) for not producing licence at an RBT (been RBT’d many times in my state and never asked to produce licence at all).

At home you MAY be given 48 hours to present your licence at a police station (as per the guidelines they provide). I had a copy on my phone (as photo) that was sufficient enough for the cop to confirm I was who I said I was and had a valid licence – also sufficient enough for them to SEND the fine to me (I did not get a paper copy).
    That's because you live in Queensland, and we all know that Queensland is 15 years behind the rest of Australia. It has been the law in NSW, for some time now that you must have your Drivers/Riders License on you when you are in control of a motor vehicle.

As for producing your license at an RBT stop , . . . . standard practice for the last 5 or 6 years based on my experienced with RBTs.
    2005 ZRX1200 - Another fast green one.
    2003 ZRX1200 - A fast green one but I zigged when I should have zagged. R.I.P

Born In The USA

Have you read the book, "1984"?

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyau View Post
    That's because you live in Queensland, and we all know that Queensland is 15 years behind the rest of Australia. It has been the law in NSW, for some time now that you must have your Drivers/Riders License on you when you are in control of a motor vehicle.

As for producing your license at an RBT stop , . . . . standard practice for the last 5 or 6 years based on my experienced with RBTs.
    Hang on, this is the state TRIALLING digital licences??????

Stuffed Up

But yes agreed, at LEAST 15 years behind. Cant even get Daylight Saving Time in.

BadAss Hooligan

Tattoos or implanted computer chips
    With built in GPS ?

Hooligan

F*&^#ing Aussie Cops

This should never be a fine in this day and age.

I have close family members that are cops in Victoria.

They can pull your licence up and see a photo of you on the screen.

If you had a photo of you licence and they can verify it through the records and confirm who you are it shouldn’t have been a problem.

I should add that a fine does not exist in Victoria for a full licensed driver not carrying their licence on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJC72; 06-07-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Stuffed Up

Exactly - he knew WHO I was, where I lived and that my licence. What difference does it make that I didnt have a piece of plastic with me

It's totally unsurprising that a vast amount of our populace believe our policing system (I should refine that, our TRAFFIC policing system) is heavily geared towards revenue, NOT safety.

Puppy Love
    Outside of the delivery area for Mikes furniture

and it's double demerits this weekend too
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I don't act like that and I have a small pe**s. I'm just gayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric308 View Post
    Hey, I'm two hours later here in Cheeseland if that would help. Right now I''m wearing a #69 Packer onesie with green stilettos.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin

Stuffed Up

Not in QLD!!!!!

Puppy Love

Not in QLD!!!!!
    I thought you got the ticket in NSW
    Hey, I'm two hours later here in Cheeseland if that would help. Right now I''m wearing a #69 Packer onesie with green stilettos.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    I thought you got the ticket in NSW
    I did, but last weekend. No p/h in qld this weekend.

I don't think we ever do double demerits any way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Puppy Love

I did, but last weekend. No p/h in qld this weekend.

I don't think we ever do double demerits any way.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rub it in ya Bugger

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    and it's double demerits this weekend too
    Double demerits?

Our fines are outrageous, and doubled in construction zones.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

I agree....nicely said.....
    and dont forget home grown LAZINESS....

BadAss Hooligan

They are changing the law in NSW regarding digital licences,Diggs.
    Maybe there is some way to get this fine dismissed.

Name:  20190615_091618.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  3.57 MB

BadAss Hooligan

It does say that NSW smartphone licences will not be accepted outside NSW,so maybe the same applies to your QLD licence in other states of Australia.