+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Stuffed Up

Re: The EMP Executive Order

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    how can i protect my spare ZRX ecus? tin foil?
    Faraday cage.

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Born In The USA

You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

What's amazing a couple years ago they were pushing solar panels on your homes State and federal rebates. Have electricity going back to the grid get a zero balance on your monthly electric bill stock piling credit for a future electrical use. Now they're pushing to get back up batteries making it unavailable to reverse electricity into the grid. Is this another way for the government to get people to become self-reliant in case there is a black out due to transformer overload or EMP pulse? We all have solar batteries Malibu lights that last all night for our yards and homes! make she wonder

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by godblessamerica View Post
    What's amazing a couple years ago they were pushing solar panels on your homes State and federal rebates. Have electricity going back to the grid get a zero balance on your monthly electric bill stock piling credit for a future electrical use. Now they're pushing to get back up batteries making it unavailable to reverse electricity into the grid. Is this another way for the government to get people to become self-reliant in case there is a black out due to transformer overload or EMP pulse? We all have solar batteries Malibu lights that last all night for our yards and homes! make she wonder
    I believe it's cahoots between govt & power companies.

Self-reliance is the last thing government wants.

Color Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by logmaster View Post
    I believe it's cahoots between govt & power companies.

Self-reliance is the last thing government wants.
    Or the power companies.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

Unleavened Cracker

Quote Originally Posted by zarex View Post
    I have several "vehicles" which are EMP proof, they're called bicycles. So when it comes I hope it's not wintertime. I hate riding in the winter.

And the Rex with its relatively antiquated ignition system I'm sure could be made to run just by cutting and twisting together a few wires.
    Have you seen the "fat tire" mountain bikes? I have seen tires on-line that have snow/ice studs....I really want to try one.

President of the ZRXOA

The EMP Executive Order

Folks, please use the “report a post” feature when a violation of the rules takes place instead of adding to the mess by posting about it.

Thanks, and carry on.

The Janitor
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Thinking, So You Don't Have To
    The Inland Empire (not as ominous as it sounds)

Folks, please use the “report a post” feature when a violation of the rules takes place instead of adding to the mess by posting about it.

Thanks, and carry on.

The Janitor
    CLEAN UP ON AISLE 4!!

I've never used that feature. Didn't even know we had it.
    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, American patriot.

"Red is faster of course" 8/5/19 Ca Pete acknowledges the obvious.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by C.Jay View Post
    Have you seen the "fat tire" mountain bikes? I have seen tires on-line that have snow/ice studs....I really want to try one.
    Those really fat tire bikes are hard to ride. They're mainly for bombing down mountainsides or riding soft sand.
    "Enjoy your body, use it in every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or care what other people think of it... It is the greatest instrument you will ever own". Baz Luhrmann

As I remember, not that long ago CA was having "rolling brownouts" in summer months due to excess demand on the power grid due to people using their A/C. They encouraged people to turn up their thermostats and reserve power usage for such things as laundry to "non-peak" hours.

We have the same grid we had then but no more brownouts despite people adding to the demand on the grid by: 1) Charging a multitude of personal electronic devices; 2) Charging a growing number of electric cars.

If the grid was in danger of black outs just a few years ago, how did we get to a point where it's just fine handling these added duties without any upgrades and, in fact, taking San Onofre nuclear electrical generating plant off line a few years back and not adding anything new that I'm aware of other than a few solar farms?

Was it all just BS?
    “Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, American patriot.

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by Rickrides View Post
    CLEAN UP ON AISLE 4!!

I've never used that feature. Didn't even know we had it.

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

2009 Hooligan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by godblessamerica View Post

That has to do with meeting peak demand, which is typically in the morning and evening when solar panels aren't anywhere near maximum output. The battery stored power can be tapped to supplement the grip during those peak hours then recharged during the day when the panels are putting out max while the demand on the system is low.

The Krylon Kid

Millenials will never let this happen.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    The movie, "A Boy and His Dog" it was canned goods.
    see "the road" a movie that says it all..an after acopalypse earth and a father with his son..
    gruelling realistic and this could be real ,, after a few years of nature collapsing all we got to eat is each other...

Hooligan

The older we get the more we worry about every conceivable way to die possible. You laughed at these guys 40 years ago, now those guys are us. The one guarantee in life (some don't pay taxes) is it ends in long nap no matter what you prepare for. So enjoy the ride while you are here.

Hooligan

As I remember, not that long ago CA was having "rolling brownouts" in summer months due to excess demand on the power grid due to people using their A/C. They encouraged people to turn up their thermostats and reserve power usage for such things as laundry to "non-peak" hours.

We have the same grid we had then but no more brownouts despite people adding to the demand on the grid by: 1) Charging a multitude of personal electronic devices; 2) Charging a growing number of electric cars.

If the grid was in danger of black outs just a few years ago, how did we get to a point where it's just fine handling these added duties without any upgrades and, in fact, taking San Onofre nuclear electrical generating plant off line a few years back and not adding anything new that I'm aware of other than a few solar farms?

Was it all just BS?
    A lot of things have happened since, some regulatory with NERC and FERC attacking reliability issues since the NE blackout. Some in California was Enron and others predatory manipulation of generating assets to spike prices particularly in the western stares. Summer afternoon peaks to happen to match up well with rooftop solar and other photovoltavics. the list goes on

BadAss Hooligan

Buy an old Yamaha RT1-B before the EMP causes a price hike!

The leather Bruce

The EMP issue has been concerning me for a while. Seriously have thought of buying a truck pre-electronic ignition. I have a place to go and a way to get there that will not involve the freeway.

I am glad that someone in the federal government is finally looking at this issue, which has been ignored by administrations of both major parties for far too long. It's a major national security threat.

I can't imagine how southern California would look after two or three days without any power. No lights. No gas. No food. No cops (no way to get around and probably looking out for their own). Ergo, no law and order. Katrina exposed the very thin veneer of civilization after a couple of days of people not being provide the things they are used to being provided--it did not take long for pillaging to occur. And that was one city.

An EMP could potentially impact a much broader area and make the restoration of services that people now take for granted much more difficult.

Invest in precious metals. You may need them if either N. Korea or Iran develops the ability to shoot one intercontinental ballistic missile with an atomic warhead on it over the US and detonate it at altitude. That's really all it would take.

Theres probably a market for distributors that have been converted to "vintage" configuration.

Capitalism's great innit?
    James Madison:
    If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands;they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, everything, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.

I will never forget.

BadAss Hooligan

I wonder how an old bike/cage w/points would make it thru a EMP.

Would the condenser survive or blow itself up?
    "Enjoy the ride!"

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    Millenials will never let this happen.
    ^ this

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Yeah, I wonder if an old distributor conversion would cure the issue. A new vehicle would probably run like shit with an old school ignition though.

BadAss Hooligan

Yeah, I wonder if an old distributor conversion would cure the issue. A new vehicle would probably run like shit with an old school ignition though.
    Not at all. Rip out the computers and it'll run fine. All the new (like 30 years new) computerized crap is mainly for better fuel efficiency. Turn an engine upside down and they're all the same. Fuel mixture, compression, spark. Boom.
    "Enjoy your body, use it in every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or care what other people think of it... It is the greatest instrument you will ever own". Baz Luhrmann

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by zarex View Post
    Fuel mixture, compression, spark. Boom.
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow

Mod/Admin

Going to need more than a distributor conversion. EFI needs a computer along with all the other "advancements" over the last few years.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me … It's time for patriots everywhere to rally together again and take back America. - Chuck Norris