+ Reply to Thread
    Hooligan

Greetings from Alabama

Not exactly new here, just have not been around for a while.
    Intended to get a ZRX since about 2001, but working nationwide and getting home a weekend a month made it not be a priority.
    About a month from now a friend should be delivering his 05 with around 25k miles on it.
    It has been a long road since I met Rick 61 and a few other guys at the Rock Store back in 01.
    But I guess better late than never.

JimName:  FB_IMG_1558013876878.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  31.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Smith
    "You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

Father Joe

Re: Greetings from Alabama

Hello Jim. Welcome back. Don't be confused by my avatar. We're in south Hoover.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

xl ppl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

I used to be....

Good looking bike, welcome and don't ne a stranger.

War Eagle or Roll Tide?

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by AL Terry View Post
    War Eagle or Roll Tide?
    Neither, last time I payed attention to college ball... Vince Dooley was coaching Herschel Walker.

Jim

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

2009 Hooligan of the year

Welcome to the madness!

President of the ZRXOA

Hi Jim, congrats and welcome back.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

Name:  WELCOM-BACK_zps219fc524.gif
Views: 107
Size:  606.1 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

In BAMAland you must be a good guy! Very ZRX you have and welcome back into the forum.

Hope you enjoy your new ride, need to get in some rides before the hot weather sets in!

Good Luck... Be Safe

Wayne

Father Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA-ZRX View Post
    In BAMAland you must be a good guy! Very ZRX you have and welcome back into the forum.

Hope you enjoy your new ride, need to get in some rides before the hot weather sets in!

Good Luck... Be Safe

Wayne
    It's 90 degrees (remember that gets measured IN THE SHADE) today and the next 3 days. It's hot as hell out there.

I know. I know. I know. Wayne, you lived for "yaddy yaddy yaddy" years in south Florida.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

Hooligan

Hot days are why I like bikes with minimal wind protection.
    They are also why my gear tends to flow like a sieve.

Jim

Hooligan

Only running on one cylinder currently... But she is a pretty Beast.
    Name:  MVIMG_20190616_163922-EFFECTS.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  4.06 MB

Jim

BadAss Hooligan

Jim,

Assume this bike has been sitting for awhile?? Be sure you don't have gas in your oil, big issue with the petcock vacuum shut off not working and allowing gas to pass through the carbs and into the crankcase.

Hope this helps!

Wayne

BadAss Hooligan

Welcome from Hoover. Nice looking bike.
    It's better to be a smartass than a dumbass, although my wife says I can be both at the same time.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA-ZRX View Post
    Jim,

Assume this bike has been sitting for awhile??
    Sat at a bike shop for a couple of years, previous owner got it out about 6 months ago.
    Been sitting since then.
    I plan on replacing the petcock O ring just to be safe.
    Hell, may just replace the petcock.

Jim

Hooligan

Good to see the local fellas on here.

Jim

BadAss Hooligan

Well well! All coming together now! Finishing up a long awaited kitchen remodel. A few weeks ago one of the fellas comes into my garage, looks over the bikes and says, "I'm about to get a ZRX!" I says, "oh yea?" and we small talk about em a bit. I didn't think too much about it because after being around bikes and cars all my life, there is ALWAYS someone that had one JUST LIKE THAT, or I always wanted one of those! Last week, he comes in and says, "I got my ZRX the other day!" Hmmm?!? Maybe he DOES have a Rex! Then, just yesterday he comes in and says "It's running terribly!", and I asked him about the setup. He popped off that he's got a Muzzy and Ivan's 2.5. Hmmm again! Perhaps it 'aint all smoke and mirrors!

I don't post much, but I still pop in here occasionally and here I find this thread about a fella in Alabama....with a new to him '05....with a Muzzy, Ivan's, and carb issues! Well, hell HELLO Jim! Sorry I doubted you!

Welcome Jim! Look forward to a ride soon!

Later,
    Dark

"I wanna be runnin' when the sand runs out!"

"I had more fun on the way to work than most people have their entire LIFE!"

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXDark View Post
    Well well! All coming together now! Finishing up a long awaited kitchen remodel. A few weeks ago one of the fellas comes into my garage, looks over the bikes and says, "I'm about to get a ZRX!" I says, "oh yea?" and we small talk about em a bit. I didn't think too much about it because after being around bikes and cars all my life, there is ALWAYS someone that had one JUST LIKE THAT, or I always wanted one of those! Last week, he comes in and says, "I got my ZRX the other day!" Hmmm?!? Maybe he DOES have a Rex! Then, just yesterday he comes in and says "It's running terribly!", and I asked him about the setup. He popped off that he's got a Muzzy and Ivan's 2.5. Hmmm again! Perhaps it 'aint all smoke and mirrors!

I don't post much, but I still pop in here occasionally and here I find this thread about a fella in Alabama....with a new to him '05....with a Muzzy, Ivan's, and carb issues! Well, hell HELLO Jim! Sorry I doubted you!

Later,
    Dark
    Well Dark good to hear from you and glad to see you are doing well. Been a long time, last time was in your garage two summer's ago working on Mr. McGov's bike... it was hotter than hell that day but a good time for sure

Your daughter was about to get married and they were driving the 442 hope it survived the day, sure is a pretty car assume you still have the Blue Beauty?

Small world for sure... Jim's bike looks pretty nice and having a Muzzy is always a good thing

Take care and stay safe

Wayne

Hooligan

Later,
    Dark
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I fully understand, having been into older cars most of my life, I'm very used to the "I had one just like it guy."
    We will have to get together.

Jim

BadAss Hooligan

Hey Wayne! Yup, I had 'Ol Blue before I had the kids and suspect that they'll have it after I'm gone! Wedding went well and Blue ran flawlessly. It needs some attention now, but it'll keep! Spent all my mod money on the house!

I got rid of the SuperDuke and bought a '13 C14. Rode it to Suches a couple of weeks ago and rode with Liv2ryd and MadIndian and it did surprisingly well! I still have a pretty much unmolested '01 black ZRX that works just fine unmolested! I've found that all of that modding for extra power and suspension just allows you fellas to catch back up to me when we get to a straight stretch of road!

Later,
    Dark
    Attached Images  

"I wanna be runnin' when the sand runs out!"

"I had more fun on the way to work than most people have their entire LIFE!"

BadAss Hooligan

Hey Wayne! Yup, I had 'Ol Blue before I had the kids and suspect that they'll have it after I'm gone! Wedding went well and Blue ran flawlessly. It needs some attention now, but it'll keep! Spent all my mod money on the house!

I got rid of the SuperDuke and bought a '13 C14. Rode it to Suches a couple of weeks ago and rode with Liv2ryd and MadIndian and it did surprisingly well! I still have a pretty much unmolested '01 black ZRX that works just fine unmolested! I've found that all of that modding for extra power and suspension just allows you fellas to catch back up to me when we get to a straight stretch of road!

Later,
    Dark
    WOW... she get's her looks from her mom ((Just Kidding)) Great picture, pretty lady and pretty car, I'm sure you have that one framed and hanging on a wall somewhere... thanks for sharing

You'd just finished clean and bring the 01 back to life that day at your house glad to see you still have it. Sounds like you're back in the bike business... glad to hear your doing well!

Sorry Jim to hijack your thread here catch up with an old friends...

Wayne

Hooligan

No worries at all, I managed to luck into meeting him a few weeks back and he seems like a great guy.
    Enjoy yourselves!

Jim

BadAss Hooligan

Welcome back !