+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: sharing

Just call me Gordon

Re: sharing

As a rule no one is riding my bike, I did however tell budzrex to ride it when it was parked in his garage and was prepared to let Arash ride it at cota had the opportunity come up.
    Last edited by Deerslayer64d; 05-16-2019 at 09:18 AM.

NOV 2017 BOTM

The Mod Father

Gordon....both you and Arash can take both my ZRX's out if you ever show up here and I will happily stand and watch...(there are always exceptions to my rule....)
    "A change in behaviour begins when Jesus changes our heart "

Carina Wells (Mum)
    RIP.

April 2017 BOTM~2017 BOTY

BadAss Hooligan

A couple of years ago my Mom had some work done in her garage and both my bikes sat in there. A guy who was doing work on her bathroom, said we have to move the bikes but I don't want to touch them. He called me up and asked if he could move them. I told him after work I will come and move it don't touch it or else. When I moved my bikes around, he said he didn't blame, his Harley only he is allowed to move or ride it.
    Member # 7722

Just call me Gordon

Appreciate that Brian But the constant drooling would prevent me from getting within 2’of either of your bikes !

Sent you a pm

NOV 2017 BOTM

The Mod Father

Yeah...,a few years ago when I was at the Joinery I rode my Yamaha Fazer 1000 (at the time) over to a large house we were working on.....

I parked my bike in one of the out buildings on the grounds of the estate so it would be "safe" while I was working away in the house.....

One of my co workers came in and told me "you better go out as there is a guy at your bike".??

I went out to see......,and a Polish ground worker had opened the barn where the bike was....and was trying to move it out of the barn while sitting on it with the steering lock on and side stand down

While straddling the bike he was "walking it round and round"..??? Then getting off it...,pulling the front wheel round a wee bit and repeating to get it out of the barn..!!!!.

I had left my claw hammer in the house...luckily..
    "A change in behaviour begins when Jesus changes our heart "

Carina Wells (Mum)
    RIP.

April 2017 BOTM~2017 BOTY

BadAss Hooligan

I brought my new to me 98 zx9r to work one day right after getting it. A co-worker walked up to me mid day and says you'd better go out to your bike "dave" is trying to take the horn off of it! I walk out and there is Dave, one of the electrical engineers, with wrenches in hand! I tried to talk to him in my calmest voice and get the point across that he shouldn't be touching my bike let alone "borrowing" parts from it. He couldn't understand why that would be a problem. He said he was just going to borrow the horn so he could pass the DMV test because his old honda? didn't have one. I have never been madder! Luckily for me the horn wasn't accessible and he gave up before I showed up. And NO Dave never asked before hand, and still to this day doesnt understand why I would be pissed about it
    My other rides:
    1968 Harley Davidson XLH
    1986 Honda V65 Magna 1100
    1985 Honda V45 Magna 700
    2001 Harley Electra Glide 124" S&S
    2005 Honda CR450F

BadAss Hooligan

Some people don't get it. I stopped riding my bike to work because every lunch time people would come to see it and most wanted to sit on it.
    Member # 7722

No More Clowns
    relocating..... USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote Originally Posted by pete11zrx View Post
    Some people don't get it. I stopped riding my bike to work because every lunch time people would come to see it and most wanted to sit on it.
    A real bad situation back around 2006, I was working at Sinbads in Pacific Beach, CA. There was motorcycle parking about 20 yards down the sidewalk from my place of work. The M/C parking was full of H.A. bikes and all the riders were in Bubs dive bar, directly in front on the M/C parking. An unsuspecting black guy thought he wanted a picture of himself on one of these random bikes. Before I could get his attention (in approx 5 seconds) the entire group of H.A. riders had surrounded him, aggressively questioning him until he mouthed off to one of them. They beat that poor guy within an inch of his life and bailed. The were cops and medics and fire trucks and witnesses that didn't see anything. They questioned me and I told them what happened and that it was a Hells Angels' bike that this ignorant guy decided to sit on. The cop shook his head and thanked me. Nothing that I'm aware of, ever came of it.
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
    "The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

"Feb. 22 '05" and a single word, "counselor"

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R Bleu (sold)
    1995 Honda VFR750f (sold)

BadAss Hooligan

We had a woman (Indian to be exact) sit on a woman's Kawasaki Ninja at work. Getting off the bike, she put all her weight on the tail cracking the bodywork. I don't know if it is plastic or fiberglass but it had a crack in it. When the woman found out she was pissed and the woman said not my problem it must be cheap. Took me and another guy from work a lot to keep her from kicking her ass.
    Member # 7722

Born In The USA

Depending on what model, it's pretty weak back there.

A friend helped me push my ZX10 into the van at the track. The tail broke a few different ways on the inside from being pushed on. I know how to weld ABS, so I just put it back together.

I might have let the two women work that out after the comment about it being cheap.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

Forgot about this one...
    I used to be the night manager at Subway back in 1989. We closed an hour after bar time, so 2am or 3am, depending on the night. We used to get every drunken fool with the munchies you could imagine. I got along with most of them, as I knew almost everyone in town. I had a brand new Ninja 600 at the time and parked it on the sidewalk right next to the big front window of the place, so I could keep a close eye on it. Every once in a while, a knucklehead would ask to ride it, or motion like he was gonna sit on it, and I let them know it was a really bad idea.
    One night, this young idiot around my age motions like he's gonna sit on it. I give him the same stern warning that I've given many others before, but he decides to sit on it. After I bounced him around the parking lot for three or four minutes, a cop happens to pull up to order a grinder. He was a friend of my sisters, so no worries there. He just threw him in the back of his squad car and came in to order his food.
    It never ceases to amaze me how dumb and utterly disrespectful people can be. Not to mention, I was pretty well known in town at the time. I was a multi-year varsity letterman in three sports (football, wrestling and lacrosse). Also, was one of the co-founders of our local rugby club.
    The Subway owner was a very nice guy. My sister and brother had worked there before me. My sister babysat his kids. When I told him about it, he wasn't mad at all. He just said, "I'll bet he never touches someone else's property again without permission." I didn't get fired. The kid didn't sue. Nobody protested outside Subway. The kid prolly just got a kick in the pants and was sent home without arrest. God, I miss the old days...

BadAss Hooligan

I have a few select friends that can ride my bike, I can think of about 6 guys that I would not even hesitate if they even looked like they wanted to
    give it a spin, all but one is on this forum
    2000 ZRX 1100
    2005 FJR 1300
    2008 KTM 250XC-F
    1992 RM250
    2010 Dodge RT Challenger
    2005 Ram Quad Cab
    1996 Chevy Pickup

The Krylon Kid

I don't normally let people ride mine. But one day in the parking lot at work a co worker of mine says "let me take it for a ride". This guy is such a genuine and honest human being he would never put himself in a precarious situation. I had no idea of his riding abilities or skills. All I knew was he looked at bikes on Craigslist a lot. I gave it to him... he took it for a three minute rip.. On his way back he comfortably and confidently pulled a wheelie on it... parked it...then said "I could never own one of those."
    Last edited by Spatula; 05-17-2019 at 10:58 PM.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by pete11zrx View Post
    We had a woman (Indian to be exact) sit on a woman's Kawasaki Ninja at work. Getting off the bike, she put all her weight on the tail cracking the bodywork. I don't know if it is plastic or fiberglass but it had a crack in it. When the woman found out she was pissed and the woman said not my problem it must be cheap. Took me and another guy from work a lot to keep her from kicking her ass.
    ..not my problem?? Jeeeess.. what a ..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

Hooligan

Last time my zrx went out a friend was riding it . No way I would just let some random person ride it but ive let friends ride if there bike was down and we just wanted to get out . My turbo not so much . In 32 years I can count on one hand whos ridden it . All family my sons and the wife and them only maybe once each .

More worried about someone getting hurt then the bikes . Most dont realize how much power these bikes have .

My middle sons taking the zrx when we to bike week in laconia this year when he flies in from Texas . He usually rides my zx 7 but hes bringing a girl this year and asked if he could take the zrx .

BadAss Hooligan

My first zrx I let my best friend ride it once. That was 10 years ago. I have another zrx now, that same.friend will be home for the 1st time in 5 years today. He will.get to ride this one as well. Otherwise no one rides it. I work at a bike shop and one of the mechanics keeps asking to take it out. "Sorry, no" is my standard response.

Sent from my speak & spell.
    1999 green ZRX 1100

BadAss Hooligan

Nope

I have a friend, first bike was a R6 with swingarm extensions. Total poser, never learned to ride it "right" and never made me feel confident about riding mine.... although he asked several times. Now he owns a HD and I also have a Vtx 1800. I'll let him ride that one but still not my Rex.

Since I've owned it only 2 people other than me have ridden it. Ninja11zx(Kevin built the engine) and Moodyzrx(Dustin developed and installed the EFI system).

The Innocent Guy

Only the select few get to ride mine and I never ask to ride anybody elses. I have outlived my trusted friends around here so the only one left is BTL68 since he has more miles on his 1200 than I have put on all my bikes combined.
    Founder and President of the St. Louis Turbo Toasters Club

RIGHT TO WORK IS A RIPOFF

This story could be stretched a little bit

2015 FJR1300
    2008 ZX14 (super dark metalic blue)
    2001 ZRX1200
    2015 Vulcan-S 650 [hers]

BadAss Hooligan

Nice to hear everyone has a personal story and motivation. For myself, I never want to ride anothers bike because I get what it must feel like if one crashes mine.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

BadAss Hooligan

Several years ago I worked with a girl who rode at ZX10? I think. One day she comes to me and says the brake lights keep acting up and are flickering. Doing electrical work is not my favorite but I agreed to help her. Taking off the seat, I could see a wire that was crimped on was loose and almost off. I repaired the wiring and she said here take it for a ride. It was actually kind of hard as she had one of those racing seats on it but rode nice. I could see me in traction if I had to ride that every time. A couple of other people have let me ride their bikes (HD 883) but now a days with injuries I have had no thanks. And my answer to my bike-off limits!
    Member # 7722

BadAss Hooligan

I offered to let my 160 lb best friend take the 1100 for a spin. This guy ride from coast- to- coast on a Suzuki 650 last year, and he declined. Maybe because the bike is heavier- looking and more powerful plus he knows that it wouldn’t be easy for me to replace if something happened to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Member # 9904

Hooligan

I don't usually like to let others ride my bikes.
    When I bought my ZRX, I let a buddy who owns a ZRX1200 ride it, so I could get his opinion.

On a ride with some friends, I suggested a swap to one.
    He has a ER6-N he was riding that day, plus a number of other bikes.
    I wanted him to feel the awesome power of the ZRX.
    He loved it, and says he dreams of it.

I've swapped with my brother on a ride.
    He has a CBR600F4i.
    Figured I'd let him feel what a comfortable ride is like.
    As soon as I started riding his CBR, I wanted my ZRX back, but I went a longer than I wanted, to let him have a good test ride.
    He was not so thrilled with it. Oh well, good, give it back.

Rob, #10002

2000 ZRX1100 C4 - Green. Ohlin's shocks, Corbin seat, fork brace, steering damper, Gimbel bugspoiler, ELS: KWICK Kill, +4 Advancer, Tension Tamer & ELS Rack ("lighter than the grab handles"), 65700 kms.

1978 KZ650 C2 - Bored, ported, electronic ign., K&N, Delkevic SS Ex., braced forks and swingarm, Progressive suspension, steering damper, Koni shocks, Rickman fairing, Guiliari seat, GSXR Rearsets, 125,000 kms.