+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    CarlM

Re: ZRXOA and homophobia... a serious discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrooster27 View Post
    This bike came into the shop for service a few weeks ago... I thought it was awesome and funny!! Great customer too!! I think it demonstrates how acceptable it is to be open about everything these days!!
    Attachment 310525
    HONDA?

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

President of the ZRXOA

All are equally welcome here.

I have a few friends and one family member who is openly gay, and I don’t judge anyone for who they are.

Thank you for being a ZRXOA member and posting, Kurt.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

It matters not to me. The majority of us here are older and were raised in a different mind set as to sexuality. I can say that any comments that come from me are, as Michael put very juvenile and there is no malice intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrly View Post
    A lot of the fun is going out of this place at a real quick pace .

Got a sloppy shifter? I can fix that
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222626

Jims_rex 4430

I'm spilling the beans

Kurt, anyone gives you crap here about being different that way, let me know. I'll go beat them up for you.

I joke about the beat up. It doesn't bother me you are like that. I may pass as a dyke to some but I'm not.

Nicole
    If you think I'm an angel, you are sadly mistaken.............

Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart ~ Eli Young Band

BadAss Hooligan

I worked with a lot of people and I don't want to say the word gay or lesbian because I was raised to treat everyone the same. My Aunt lived with her partner for years-our family knows it-we don't care! I was in the service for 21 years and can get along with anyone. You are welcome here and we are all here to discuss our bike the ZRX!
    Member # 7722

All I Want To Do Is A Zoom - Zoom

i applaud you for bringing this discussion to the table. it is sad that people continue holding prejudice and participate in gay bashing. i personally like being involved in a community centered around my favorite motorcycle. i have had gay friends. i have never perceived gay people as any less than straight people. a persons orientation (sexual, religious, or the like) has no bearing on the level of respect they are going to get from me. why impose limitations on who you can have as friends? and lets face it..... we are all humans. i hope to meet more people from the OA. glad to have you a part of this group!
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself

The Krylon Kid

Now that we got that settled.... Anybody got any good gay jokes?

Hooligan

This topic was pertinent 45 years ago when I was in high school, nowadays nobody gives a shit.
    The 2...4...10 rule: always know what is 2 seconds, 4 seconds, and 10 seconds down the road.

'01 ZRX1200R ... '03 ZZR1200 ... '84 GPZ900 ... '83 KZ750 ... 7 Hondas ... 1 Yamaha

BadAss Hooligan

Gay? Not a problem. Canadian? Hmmm. Seriously, the love of riding motorcycles will trump all else.

Devils’ Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Gay? Not a problem. Canadian? Hmmm. Seriously, the love of riding motorcycles will trump all else.
    ...no politics on this board....

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Hooligan

Good for you OP, this is a good thread

I sometimes feels that some ZRXOA members make fun of gay folks, e.g. this thread -

http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...-guess-I-m-gay!!

BadAss Hooligan

My godfather and godmother were both gay. It was a family joke when my aunt brought her significant other over for a visit. "Oh, look... Aunt Gail and Uncle Sally just pulled in". She wore jean shorts, chugged beer from a can, smoked cigars, and yelled at the tv during sporting events. We freakin" LOVED her!!
    I also have worked for the state for about 30 years. There is a very large percentage of gay employees. I spend more time with them than I do with my own family. I care about a bunch of them very much. I am not a hugger. My family was never that way.... They are.
    I hug them at birthdays, holidays, etc... No concern for me whatsoever.
    I'm also quick to crack a gay joke, and they're quick to crack a fat joke.

It's all good

You won't find a better group of people than here on the board!
    Last edited by the-atc-kid; 05-13-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Hooligan

Frankly I do not care who is gay and who is not. It does puzzle me somewhat though, why anyone with a slightly different persuasion to the mainstream feels the need to tell the world about it.

If everyone posted their sexual preferences, it would quickly become a very tedious board.

I came to ride

Quote Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    Now that we got that settled.... Anybody got any good gay jokes?
    Two priests, Father Frank and Father Sam, have a stop-over while traveling by train, so they walk across the street to a bar. They are served and sipping their drinks when Sam notices there are no women in the bar. Then, he comes to the realization that they're in a gay bar and starts getting nervous. Frank reassures him that it's OK; nobody will bother a priest. But sure enough a guy comes over and asks Sam to dance. Sam turns him away, but he continues to worry that someone else will come over, so Frank says "Wait here; I'll handle this."

So Frank walks around the bar chatting for a few minutes and comes back and says "They won't bother you anymore." "What did you tell them?" Sam asks.

Frank answers, "I told them we're engaged."

Seriously, I don't give a rip and never have. I've never understood the anger some people have at how someone else lives his/her life.

And Honda ... pfffttt ... I've got a freakin' Burgman!
    '99 ZRX1100, Akropovic, jet kit
    '13 FJR1300, Givi touring stuff

BadAss Hooligan

I did not realize the people of the OA had a phobia about homo's!?!

I have only been here a few years but I have never sensed anything on that topic.

I know at times the P&R threads can get a bit touchy (mainly on Politics), during the Obama era racism was a sensitive topic across the nation. I never really read anything over the top to the extreme level on the board when that was going on.

As seen on this thread there are a lot of great people on this board, I have met some great people because of this board our passions for riding and for the ZRX is what holds this together

2009 Hooligan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    And Honda ... pfffttt ... I've got a freakin' Burgman!
    Dude!

Good a thread as any to make that admission, I guess.

2009 Hooligan of the year

So Kurt, any PMs? Just curious if your thread is yielding your desired results? Hoping so.

Hooligan

i'm not one who subscribes to the popular, social media and public lynching type response
    in which a joke or humorous comment...absent clear malicious intent...automatically deserves
    hanging a label of 'phobia' or 'hater.' Ill mannered, maybe. Ill advised, perhaps. Imprecise,
    likely. Indelicate, probably.

I agree with the OP's sentiments in the first post but unconvinced regarding the thread title
    which implies a much harsher intent or belief and foundation.
    raymond-
    47º34'n 122º18'w

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by green12 View Post
    HONDA?
    Suzuki Boulevard actually, but I can certainly understand why you would mistake it for a Shadow from this angle!!
    "NEVER RIDE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY"

CarlM

a dog was in a bar having a drink and noticed no other dog had a collar. Then he realized it was a stray bar.

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by raymond~ View Post

I agree with the OP's sentiments in the first post but unconvinced regarding the thread title
    which implies a much harsher intent or belief and foundation.
    If one group disagrees with another group, they can always label the other viewpoint as a made up psych disease. Maybe not the OP's intent, but it is what he implied.

I don't care for rat bikes or cars. Junkaphobia.

There was a black stand-up comic who said his uncle saw racism everywhere. At the store, he pointed out the black olives were in a can, but the green olives were in a jar, where they could see out.
    If you look for blue cars on the road, you will be amazed at how many you see now.

As the members of this group have accepted and welcomed gays for years, the implication that there is a group wide policy of discrimination is in the eyes of the beholder. First and foremost, they were riders. If they had made other riders uncomfortable, they would have been shunned.

It comes down to common culture. If you choose to join a group conversation, your agreements with the subject matter will endear you to the others participating. If you choose to broadly disagree with the reality shared by the others, they are not going to like you much, so don't blame it on other things.

The Bay Area group I rode with is made up of a number of races. We get along great because we embrace a common culture.

That's all you have to do to get along here. There are thousands of people who drop in here and not everybody went to charm school. If you throw them all into the same bucket, it is your problem that you can't differentiate between one person and another. Everybody is different.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Stuffed Up

I ride a scooter and also turned a perfectly good ZRX into a street fighter, and most of these peeps are still nice to me!

As many have said, your race or sexual orientation (EDIT: AND GENDER) is irrelevant. Be a good human and have some fun here, you're part of the OA now!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

Nothing like taking an issue that didn't exist, and then turning it into one that does.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

CRACKERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt66 View Post
    Let me begin by saying I am an openly gay ZRX owner. In my years here I have seen many, many jokes about homosexuality. Some were entertaining and some not so much. I fault no one for their opinion on the matter as long as it doesn't become malicious.
    Both the past president and the new have done a fantastic job of keeping this organization one where I feel I can hang out and not be made fun of, in spite of my sparse posting. I have no intentions of trying to force my life style on anyone here but I can't help but wonder if there are more gay ZRX owners among us. It would be nice to be able to interact openly with others.
    And if you happen to be gay but aren't quite ready to come out, feel free to private message me.
    What color is your bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Isaac is NOT a zrx purist.

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

Any tall riders on here?

If there are, no need to PM me.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    Nothing like taking an issue that didn't exist, and then turning it into one that does.

The Innocent Guy

I have to think about this..................
    Founder and President of the St. Louis Turbo Toasters Club

RIGHT TO WORK IS A RIPOFF

This story could be stretched a little bit

2015 FJR1300
    2008 ZX14 (super dark metalic blue)
    2001 ZRX1200
    2015 Vulcan-S 650 [hers]

The Innocent Guy

I thought about it long and hard then fergetted the question......................
    Founder and President of the St. Louis Turbo Toasters Club

RIGHT TO WORK IS A RIPOFF

This story could be stretched a little bit

2015 FJR1300
    2008 ZX14 (super dark metalic blue)
    2001 ZRX1200
    2015 Vulcan-S 650 [hers]

I came to ride

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    This forum hasn't always been so forgiving. A few years back I had the audacity to argue in favor of gay marriage in P&R and got dressed down pretty soundly for it. One guy in particular kept arguing it was wrong, and every argument he gave was so easily defeated he finally just called me a liberal. A liberal, for cryin' F'n out loud!
    '99 ZRX1100, Akropovic, jet kit
    '13 FJR1300, Givi touring stuff

Father Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    This forum hasn't always been so forgiving. A few years back I had the audacity to argue in favor of gay marriage in P&R and got dressed down pretty soundly for it. One guy in particular kept arguing it was wrong, and every argument he gave was so easily defeated he finally just called me a liberal. A liberal, for cryin' F'n out loud!
    Well pull your damn pants down and show us. Are you???
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo