+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hooligan

ZRXOA and homophobia... a serious discussion

Let me begin by saying I am an openly gay ZRX owner. In my years here I have seen many, many jokes about homosexuality. Some were entertaining and some not so much. I fault no one for their opinion on the matter as long as it doesn't become malicious.
    Both the past president and the new have done a fantastic job of keeping this organization one where I feel I can hang out and not be made fun of, in spite of my sparse posting. I have no intentions of trying to force my life style on anyone here but I can't help but wonder if there are more gay ZRX owners among us. It would be nice to be able to interact openly with others.
    And if you happen to be gay but aren't quite ready to come out, feel free to private message me.

In Charge of McGov Only

Re: ZRXOA and homophobia... a serious discussion

I kid about it, like I kid about everything, but when anything is taken too far I have an issue with it.

I have many friends who are gay, even have family members who are gay. Being raised in So Cal, it was pretty open here so was never a big deal as in other places.

We don't tolerate any hatred here of any kind, glad you know that.

Hooligan

I am personally not gay, on the contrary.. but my sister is lesbian and married (Marriage between same sexes is possible and accepted here). So I know what your speaking about somewhat.
    At the place I work are also several gay guy's, you wouldn't know how they joke around with us guy's and we with them,
    Just respect each others way of life, and there's no problem at all is my view.
    The eyes are the window of the soul.

#10174 Z650b1 '77, Z650b2 '78, Z650c3 '79, ZRX 1100 R '98.

Puppy Love
    Outside of the delivery area for Mikes furniture

Mate, it's just not an issue.

We're here for the bikes and the bullshit sessions, personally I live in one of the more alternative areas of Sydney so many of my neighbors and friends are gay.

Yes I'll shit stir and joke on just about any personal issue because it just don't see it as important.

If I ever do offend you just call me an asshole and let me know I've gone too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I don't act like that and I have a small pe**s. I'm just gayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric308 View Post
    Hey, I'm two hours later here in Cheeseland if that would help. Right now I''m wearing a #69 Packer onesie with green stilettos.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin

Father Joe

The ZRXOA is a wonderful array of fine folks who find commonality and not division. All from a simple seed. A little seed named: The ZRX.

Always glad to have ya here Kurt.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    Mate, it's just not an issue.

We're here for the bikes and the bullshit sessions, personally I live in one of the more alternative areas of Sydney so many of my neighbors and friends are gay.

Yes I'll shit stir and joke on just about any personal issue because it just don't see it as important.

If I ever do offend you just call me an asshole and let me know I've gone too far.

I concur....

BadAss Hooligan

I am not gay, I am supportive as I have family, friends, and co-workers who are in non traditional relationships.

As a Libertarian, it is none of my business what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their homes.

That does not mean I am not going to take the opportunity to poke the bear given the chance.

The ZRXOA is a unique bunch of folks, and you need a thick skin and a bit of understanding of who we are as a group to hang out here.

Nothing is sacred here, but it is not done with malice.

When the shit hits the fan, and a member is in need, there is NO OTHER GROUP I know of that passes the hat faster and gives more from the heart.. and most of us only know each other from screen names and keyboard interactions.

There are some folks here that would probably not agree with my beliefs. It has happened, we agree to disagree and move on. We are no different than society as a whole.

Don't take it personally, I ride a Harley and have taken my fair share of abuse in here... something about tassles and assorted other faggotry...

We are a welcoming group, just look at the guy we just crowned our King.... nobody else would take him but we accepted him even though he drives a Pinto
    ZRX 1200R 7/2003 -5/15/2015 (sold to a good home)

ZZR1200 April 2009 -September 2014 (dealer trade in)

2017 Concours 14 ( June 2018 -current)
    HD 2013 FLHTK Stage 4 ( Sept 2014-Current)
    HD 2003 FLHTCI cammed. closed loop FI, upgraded suspension ( Sept 2005 - current)

2009 Hooligan of the year

Sounds like a request is being made for a new forum. Fine by me.

BadAss Hooligan

Interesting topic! I appreciate how rough and tumble the opinions are here, and wouldnít want them to toned down. Free speech first, leavened by by the golden rule.

Myself am kinda thin skinned - so I donít shoot my mouth off much!

Thanks for stepping up
    Danp

BadAss Hooligan

What does being Gay have anything to do with the OA? It makes no difference what your orientation is or for that matter Race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadAss Hooligan

I kid about it, like I kid about everything, but when anything is taken too far I have an issue with it.

I have many friends who are gay, even have family members who are gay. Being raised in So Cal, it was pretty open here so was never a big deal as in other places.

Perfectly said.
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

Father Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Neggy View Post
    I am not gay, I am supportive as I have family, friends, and co-workers who are in non traditional relationships.

As a Libertarian, it is none of my business what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their homes.

That does not mean I am not going to take the opportunity to poke the bear given the chance.

The ZRXOA is a unique bunch of folks, and you need a thick skin and a bit of understanding of who we are as a group to hang out here.

When the shit hits the fan, and a member is in need, there is NO OTHER GROUP I know of that passes the hat faster and gives more from the heart.. and most of us only know each other from screen names and keyboard interactions.

There are some folks here that would probably not agree with my beliefs. It has happened, we agree to disagree and move on. We are no different than society as a whole.

Don't take it personally, I ride a Harley and have taken my fair share of abuse in here... something about tassles and assorted other faggotry...

We are a welcoming group, just look at the guy we just crowned our King.... nobody else would take him but we accepted him even though he drives a Pinto
    I read this whole thing ^^^. All good. Got to the last line. Oh shit. What the hell is about to come??? Then the last half of the last line. I about burped my coffee.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

Licensed to Mod

This bike came into the shop for service a few weeks ago... I thought it was awesome and funny!! Great customer too!! I think it demonstrates how acceptable it is to be open about everything these days!!
    Name:  20190221_085046_resized.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  1.45 MB
    "NEVER RIDE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY"

I'm Canadian!

Hey Kurt. Welcome to the madness of this board.

Your sexual orientation would make no difference to me if we were to meet. I assume my orientation would make no difference to you.

Either we like each other or we don't, period.

Personally I don't think you need a special forum category. You're one of us, not much else needed I'd say. (but that's just me)

Pops
    Size matters, good thing I drive a huge bus.

Super Moderator
    Hooligan Paramedic &
    Master Biscuit Maker

I make a lot of jokes within our group about being gay with each other. It is purely juvenile humor. As many people as we have on the forum, there have to be more actual gay people than yourself that don't bring it up.

That being said, if you find it offensive, just consider the maturity level of the average member.... (I said "member")

In reality, I know many of the people on this board personally, and I don't think anyone actually judges anyone on their sexual preference. I have, however noticed you are Canadian......
    Make a fast friend. Adopt a retired racing Greyhound

www.greyhoundpets.org
    Or PM me for details

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Neggy View Post

Not only is it a Pinto, it's a station wagon, and it's yellow
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

I'm not gay, but I do prefer FRAM oil and air filters.

If you had any idea as to how much crap I've taken over the years over that, you would fully understand my need for on-going counseling and my penchant for Tiffany lamps.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

I'm Canadian!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacmedic View Post

I have, however noticed you are Canadian......
    Now that's funny right there.

Hey wait a minute..............

Pops
    Size matters, good thing I drive a huge bus.

Mouthy Mofo

= I have, however noticed you are Canadian......
    Trigger factor!!!!!

Last edited by Tacmedic; 05-11-2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Fixed your HTML. Damn canucks.... ;)
    Silver REXs are sooo subtle - they slide right under the enemy's radar, then WHAM - they're dead!

03 REX - Akra, K&N pods, Ivan's jets, Teds Advancer, airbox out and chainguard, Chrispy's mirrors, Biscuits rearsets, Greg's brace, Armz shift linkage, Wog's seat, 'n some other stuff

84 KZ1100R - Yosh, K&N, fork brace
    82 GPz 550 - Hindle

ZRXOA #5764

Born In The USA

I have worked with gays for their remodel projects more than once. We got along fine because they were concerned with the task at hand, not flaunting their life choices. That made for relaxed conversation about what they were wanting to be done. I worked to design the features they were interested in, the same as any other client. That's equality. Had they chosen to make me uncomfortable, I would have walked out. If I was designing for a straight couple and they wanted to talk about sex, I would also have walked out. That was not why I was there.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. It's a motorcycle board. We will be interested in your bike, what you have done to it, your plans for it, your adventures with it, and photos of the places you travel to and want to share.

This will get you equal treatment, and the usual good natured teasing like everybody else. There have been other gays on this board that have been welcomed at events and rides.

The internet is full of every kind of sex for those that are interested in that. If this board takes some kind of turn toward in that direction, I will walk out. It's not why I click on this site.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

ZRXOA and homophobia... a serious discussion

Quote Originally Posted by demonboy5 View Post
    What does being Gay have anything to do with the OA? It makes no difference what your orientation is or for that matter Race.

^ this

Iím here to talk about bikes. I donít care who the other members here voted- for, are married- to, what their favorite color is, etc.... Dividing up and categorizing people, as a rule, doesnít bring people together. All I care about is whether youíre running the stock air-box

Seriously though I have a lot of things I could say about different topics but I donít, unless provoked, because Iím here primarily to talk about motorcycles.

***edit- if you want to bring- up things about who your seeing or married- to or anything, thatís up to you. All I care about though is that you ride a motorcycle
    Last edited by Cundalini; 05-11-2019 at 02:34 PM.

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by Tacmedic View Post
    I make a lot of jokes within our group about being gay with each other. It is purely juvenile humor. As many people as we have on the forum, there have to be more actual gay people than yourself that don't bring it up.

That being said, if you find it offensive, just consider the maturity level of the average member.... (I said "member")

In reality, I know many of the people on this board personally, and I don't think anyone actually judges anyone on their sexual preference. I have, however noticed you are Canadian......
    I love you man ianhkwoc

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

BadAss Hooligan

As long as you agree there are only two genders lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Sounds like a request is being made for a new forum. Fine by me.
    Just not in the nudes and crudes please.
    zrx1100
    street glide
    83 kz750ss
    84 ninja900

2009 Hooligan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by demonboy5 View Post

Sounds like you missed this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt66 View Post
    ...but I can't help but wonder if there are more gay ZRX owners among us. It would be nice to be able to interact openly with others.

Devilsí Advocate

I used to race...before color was invented..

Name:  756A5E1D-EC0D-41B3-88F0-2A3C6D801ECE.jpeg
Views: 460
Size:  624.0 KB

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

I have a Honda. Welcome to the club.
    ZRXOA 8377
    '01 Green Machine with some Bling
    '00 RC51
    '83 GPz 550-- Number 4.
    93 Ninja 1100

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who will not try, no explanation is possible

No More Clowns
    relocating..... USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Be gay, be straight, be any color of the rainbow, joke around, don't be cruel...... Ride a damn motorcycle and you're okay with me
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
    "The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

"Feb. 22 '05" and a single word, "counselor"

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R Bleu (sold)
    1995 Honda VFR750f (sold)

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Sounds like you missed this part.
    Honestly I donít care for any of this. Im not gay; my religion color or anything else is MY business. Unless Im screaming out for attention it will stay that way. Its almost like meeting a Vegan. Who cares if you eat grass. Quit telling me Im going to die or everything else associated with it. Im glad you have made your life decisions. Please quit shoving and shoveling your ways on me. You are accepted for the person you are.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    I used to race...before color was invented..

Attachment 310550
    Thats just one of the most honest confessions Iíve ever heard.