+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: bronco

CarlM

Re: bronco

So now I put a soft top on the old horse.
    Pic below
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by green12; 10-15-2019 at 04:18 AM.

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

CarlM

I put it on the right side.

Mongo like candy

Born In The USA

click on the pic and it flips.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

CarlM

Mine doesn't.

Mongo like candy

Born In The USA

Name:  Diggs bronco.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  117.7 KB

HA!! I saved it down to 117 kb from 2 mb.
    Last edited by Cadman; 10-15-2019 at 02:10 AM.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Born In The USA

It didn't want to let go of the upside down one.
    Last edited by Cadman; 10-15-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Weirdly Peculiar

I ran this '69 for years. Had a 351C 2 barrel engine w\ 3 speed when I got it, otherwise stock. I swapped in a NP435 trans then a ZF 6 speed transmission, and 351 Lightning engine running a 302 mass air setup. Custom power steering box and HD pickup tie rod. The front Dana 44 had 3/4 ton axles, 4.10 gears and ARB Air Locker, the heavy duty 9" rear housing had 31 spline Currie tapered roller bearing axles, 4.11 gears and ARB Air Locker. 2" body lift and 33-12.5 BFG All Terrains, Beard seats, rollbar, Warn 9,000 lb winch, and much more. Did Moab, Colorado and California trails for many years.

Name:  Bronco 2.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  79.2 KB
    2000 Green, 1109, Mikuni 38mm TMR-MJN's, Yosh pipe, ZX-11 cams, Pods, ZX-11 Ignitor, Kwick Kill, Tealdo Stick Coils, Wyn's Sprocket Cover, Ted's Battery Out, MonkeyPincher Rack

2010 Concours 14 ABS Ball Coddler "The Velvet Missle", 151 HP, lots 'o mods

"A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

He who is right all the time is never always right.

CarlM

I emailed a pic to Stilly. It started usd. When it finished loading in flipped. WTF? You can't see that here. IDK ?

Mongo like candy

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by BASpro View Post
    I ran this '69 for years. Had a 351C 2 barrel engine w\ 3 speed when I got it, otherwise stock. I swapped in a NP435 trans then a ZF 6 speed transmission, and 351 Lightning engine running a 302 mass air setup. Custom power steering box and HD pickup tie rod. The front Dana 44 had 3/4 ton axles, 4.10 gears and ARB Air Locker, the heavy duty 9" rear housing had 31 spline Currie tapered roller bearing axles, 4.11 gears and ARB Air Locker. 2" body lift and 33-12.5 BFG All Terrains, Beard seats, rollbar, Warn 9,000 lb winch, and much more. Did Moab, Colorado and California trails for many years.

Attachment 319527
    Nice job, Bruce.

There is a nice looking early one up the street. No top on it, and sitting out in the weather for weeks now. Sad.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by green12 View Post
    I emailed a pic to Stilly. It started usd. When it finished loading in flipped. WTF? You can't see that here. IDK ?
    I reduce the photos I post to take up less server space that the board has to pay for. Your photo started out at 4 mb, and then down to 2 mb somehow as I played with it. I brought it into Outlook, like I was going to email it, reduced it to 117 kb and put it in a folder, then here. During the process, it became right side up.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    I reduce the photos I post to take up less server space that the board has to pay for. Your photo started out at 4 mb, and then down to 2 mb somehow as I played with it. I brought it into Outlook, like I was going to email it, reduced it to 117 kb and put it in a folder, then here. During the process, it became right side up.
    Name:  PlusOne.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  38.9 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

CarlM

Quote Originally Posted by BASpro View Post

Attachment 319527
    Mine is stock

Mongo like candy

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Why did Chibby build their engines backwards? LOLOLOL
    So the distributor would get washed when the hood gasket leaked.

President of the ZRXOA

Every KB counts
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

President of the ZRXOA

Please note that there is no limit to the number of pictures or the sizes of the files members can upload to the board. It's generally good practice to reduce the file sizes but not required.

Share away!!! Everyone loves pictures.

Nice Bronco Carl

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

bronco

I do this using MSPaint and resizing feature if Iím on desktop For the same reason

A lot of nice cars and trucks talked about on this thread

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Born In The USA

Observation;

I read that a car that runs in the 12s has enough acceleration that the fuel will slosh in the bowls to stand at a 45 degree angle, as the mass of the fuel tries to stay where it was and the car is moving from that spot. That's why Holley makes "slosh tubes" to go into the secondary jets.

What is happening in the oil pan at that time? Same, same. The oil heads for the back of the pan. Would it be a good idea to collect it at that point by putting the sump there? Would it be better to stick a short oil pickup in that sump, right at the pump, or run a tube to the front of the engine so the oil pump can try to pull it forward as the oil wants to go backward?

Oil pumps are usually driven by the cam using the gear on the distributor shaft.

A big point of stress on the chassis is the area that carries the front suspension, so there is a big cross member there. There is an advantage in moving the weight of the engine rearward to help balance the car. If your sump is in the front of the engine, this can lead to some engineering challenges, and some pretty goofy looking oil pans.

Carry on.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

CarlM

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Please note that there is no limit to the number of pictures or the sizes of the files members can upload to the board. It's generally good practice to reduce the file sizes but not required.

Share away!!! Everyone loves pictures.

Nice Bronco Carl
    iS IT HELPFUF TO DELETE STUFF?

Mongo like candy

President of the ZRXOA

iS IT HELPFUF TO DELETE STUFF?
    Nope! That just causes discontinuity.

Thanks for the question though.

CarlM

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Nope! That just causes discontinuity.

Thanks for the question though.
    What is disconinuity

Mongo like candy

President of the ZRXOA

What is disconinuity
    Deleting photos makes threads suck when future readers try to piece things together.

CarlM

Ok well there will be a break in time while I wait for a Jeep to catch up with the Bronco. And the Jeep may quit functioning. Difference in parts is a Bronco came with a 9 inch. guy fitted in the Jeep.
    Last edited by green12; 10-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Mongo like candy

President of the ZRXOA

BadAss Hooligan

Observation;

I read that a car that runs in the 12s has enough acceleration that the fuel will slosh in the bowls to stand at a 45 degree angle, as the mass of the fuel tries to stay where it was and the car is moving from that spot. That's why Holley makes "slosh tubes" to go into the secondary jets.

What is happening in the oil pan at that time? Same, same. The oil heads for the back of the pan. Would it be a good idea to collect it at that point by putting the sump there? Would it be better to stick a short oil pickup in that sump, right at the pump, or run a tube to the front of the engine so the oil pump can try to pull it forward as the oil wants to go backward?

Oil pumps are usually driven by the cam using the gear on the distributor shaft.

A big point of stress on the chassis is the area that carries the front suspension, so there is a big cross member there. There is an advantage in moving the weight of the engine rearward to help balance the car. If your sump is in the front of the engine, this can lead to some engineering challenges, and some pretty goofy looking oil pans.

Carry on.
    Then there's braking.

Born In The USA

I had to stop somewhere. Windage trays, baffles, trap doors, dry sumps .........blah, blah, blah

Why did they put the distributor in the back, was the question I was trying to provide some reasons for.

As you know, Holley makes "whistles" to help in the back with braking, and in the front for acceleration.

Show of hands for anybody that put whistles in their Holley. Anybody? Beuller?

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Weirdly Peculiar

Why did Chevy put the distributor in the back? Probably for packaging reasons. Where the oil pump ends up (the oil pump is driven from the end of the distributor driveshaft) determines oil pan shape which has to work with front cross member location.
    2000 Green, 1109, Mikuni 38mm TMR-MJN's, Yosh pipe, ZX-11 cams, Pods, ZX-11 Ignitor, Kwick Kill, Tealdo Stick Coils, Wyn's Sprocket Cover, Ted's Battery Out, MonkeyPincher Rack

2010 Concours 14 ABS Ball Coddler "The Velvet Missle", 151 HP, lots 'o mods

"A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

He who is right all the time is never always right.

BadAss Hooligan

I had to stop somewhere. Windage trays, baffles, trap doors, dry sumps .........blah, blah, blah

Why did they put the distributor in the back, was the question I was trying to provide some reasons for.

As you know, Holley makes "whistles" to help in the back with braking, and in the front for acceleration.

Show of hands for anybody that put whistles in their Holley. Anybody? Beuller?
    Just slid a piece of hose on the vent.

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by eddy21 View Post
    Just slid a piece of hose on the vent.
    Yep! I might still have some slosh tubes if you need them. I got rid of most of my carb stuff before I moved, but there are still a zillion little parts out there.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

CarlM

Chevy only had a 6. So there bring a V8 in cars that fit a six. They poked two hole in the intake. One for distributor and one for oil fill tube. Be better to have oil fill in front.

Mongo like candy