+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Stuffed Up

Re: Test riding the "Yellow" scooter tomorrow, possible new summer project !!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen#212 View Post
    Yes, those conta springs are not cheap, a lot of fair priced Ruckus stuff over here in USA, the shipping to Australia
    Yeah, a lot of the time the shipping is more than the part - hence why I am trying to find alternates and McGyver stuff up.

Sounds like you've got it pretty well sorted out!

I was next to a BMW C600 today, surprisingly quick!

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

BadAss Hooligan

Yes, those C600's are nice, just too heavy at 550 lbs(250kg), not great fuel economy and over 10k USD, kinda deflates the lightweight/economical urban transport, with the "Bring Money With" propeller emblem, surely not cheap to own/maintain.

I've been looking ever so slowly for a Silver Wing 600 scooter, just on the fence for some of the same reasons above.

Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

" WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE SCOOTER, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "

Stuffed Up

Yeah I was doing some reading on them and they arent pitched as a second bike like we have, they are aiming to get you off your other bike or car and on to that.

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

BadAss Hooligan

Another small issue fixed, was noticing a little unstable/erratic idle especially when stopped sitting in traffic, not overheating, kinda like running rich , some more research revealed a rather weird automatic choke/enrichener system.

The choke is normally on(enrichener needle open) when scooter is off and cold, when you start the scooter AC voltage from one of the magneto coils is applied to a heating element inside of the auto choke unit, this gradually heats up a special wax inside that expands and pushes plunger to shut off fuel enrichener, theres a ballast resistor on the path to ground to reduce/regulate voltage, as the air around the engine/carburetor heats up, it also helps actuate the auto choke and somehow reduces voltage demand

R you with me so far, simple eh , glad they just did a simple cable on ZRX

IAC I revised/fixed the grounds on the ballast resistor, working perfect

They can really make simple things complicated
    Attached Images      

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

Stuffed Up

My autochoke looks exactly the same, I just assumed it was magic!

Thanks for the lesson!

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    My autochoke looks exactly the same, I just assumed it was magic!

Thanks for the lesson!
    Here's the longer version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFuXQsF67Vo

The cool version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z23hlj6CQH0

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

BadAss Hooligan

More fixing on "Yellow", ever since I got bike I've noticed excessive sag on front forks, kinda pogo stick suspension and little damping, figured those chinese springs and fluid needed changing, IAC if you follow manual , step 1. remove body panels/front fairing as needed , it would literally add 8hrs to job, almost a 2 days deal and potentially of braking stuff, etc.

IAC did my research on scooter fork servicing on the internets, it's actually fairly easy with some luck and DIY tool, the fork caps are 17mm allen wrench, so I threw this tool together(stubby wrench, bolts/nuts/washers, breaker bar, center of allen wrench and some electrical tape), worked great, one of the caps was super tight a couple of whacks with the 16oz ballpeen got it motivated, did not remove any body panels about 3hrs. total.

The fork internals where fairly clean, but the spring was too short and oil was thin, added a 2nd custom spring(ACE harware)with a S/S washer between spings and 5W20(engine) fork oil, aprox.$9 total, that's called darksiding/cheap on scooter lore, kinda reason some ride scooters, Some of it scary IMO, like installing a car tire on your scooter or Goldwing

The circled part is actually theaded preload nut of sorts with internal allen drive, but basically retained the oem spring with little preload, was slightly harder to engage with new spring, but with good preload, everything worked great, the fork sag is about half now, rides and handles great
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by Allen#212; 08-02-2019 at 02:40 PM.

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

BadAss Hooligan

The chinese chrome plating on my brake levers was a little worn, after looking for a while for replacements in scooter shops, etc. found these on ebay for $9.99 free shipping from china (16 days later), they are not exactly a matched set , but they are definetively chinese oem quality , they accept returns you just have to pay shipping , cheaper to order several more sets and hope they get it right or buy 2 new complete complete masters for $30 pair

I paid well over a $100 for the ZRX pazzos
    Attached Images  

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

Goodwill Ambassador

Looks like you are having fun with this yellow scoot. Have enjoyed reading about your progress. "special wax" how weird is that?! Your scooter will turn out better than new.

And remember, Pazzos are an investment and look cool. Still got mine.
    No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

member#6724
    2011 Concours ZG14
    2002 ZRX1200R
    1977 KZ650B1
    1974 F7C175

Stuffed Up

Nice looking levers mate!

Gott look the part

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Duck View Post
    Looks like you are having fun with this yellow scoot. Have enjoyed reading about your progress. "special wax" how weird is that?! Your scooter will turn out better than new.

And remember, Pazzos are an investment and look cool. Still got mine.
    Yes, it's been a fun experience, Thanks The heat wave and monsoon here in Florida is really hurting our riding , but is also tempting for those who spend way too much time online looking at stuff, they actually have bolt on big bore, cams, etc., etc. ...

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

BadAss Hooligan

I've noticed a somewhat slightly unsteady idle on both my scooters, a 40 rpm fluctuation, plus somewhat excessive IMO rpm drop when front brake and cooling fan kicks on, about 100 rpm drop, otherwise they run great

In my limited scooter knowledge, I chalk it off to nature off the beast !!, well my nature is to digress, I suspected a vacuum leak , after cleaning intake manifold and close inspection found some spider web cracks, spraying some carb cleaner confirmed a leak

NP, $26 for 2 brand new intake manifolds, way better idle on both scooters !!

BTW, today was a great day to work in the garage, only 100% humidity and 90F(32C)+ heat index by 8am in sunny Orlando the pic looks like fog but it's humidity, my millenial neighbor as always parking close to turn and fire hydrant !!

New parts are but you can see them
    Attached Images      

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

Stuffed Up

40rpm fluctuation? I would have ignored that!

BadAss Hooligan

40rpm fluctuation? I would have ignored that!
    The fluctuation didn't bug me as much as the rpm drop when electricaly loaded, is better on both areas. The next thing to check the batteries for proper amperage, etc., as who knows what quality PO installed, But they both start/charge fine, so I'll wait untill they go bad.

I'm trying to stay occupied fixing stuff, as riding weather is non existent, if this heatwave/monsoon season would ever end, almost 2 months now and no end in sight ZRX been sitting for 2 months also

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

BadAss Hooligan

2 Months?!

The Rex Carb is gonna need a rebuild.

02' ORANGE!

Originally Posted by CinKo

"Apparently Titanium to Kawasaki
    Has become what Chrome is to Harley..."

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Ti = Sex

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyone View Post
    2 Months?!

The Rex Carb is gonna need a rebuild.

Not likely, I don't use ethanol contaminated fuel , I run the bike aprox. every 2 weeks for a while on rear stand, in gear, with a external fan for cooling, don't take long to warm up in this weather, fuel is treated with seafoam and I keep it full. all this while is raining outside

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Allen#212 View Post
    Not likely, I don't use ethanol contaminated fuel , I run the bike aprox. every 2 weeks for a while on rear stand, in gear, with a external fan for cooling, don't take long to warm up in this weather, fuel is treated with seafoam and I keep it full. all this while is raining outside
    As much as I bitch and moan about our weather - I gotta say it rare to not be able to ride here. NEVER too cold, sometimes is bloody hot but you can still ride - hardly ever rains

I feel for you guys that actually have riding seasons.

BadAss Hooligan

As much as I bitch and moan about our weather - I gotta say it rare to not be able to ride here. NEVER too cold, sometimes is bloody hot but you can still ride - hardly ever rains

I feel for you guys that actually have riding seasons.
    I don't mind the hot weather so much, it's the excessive amount of heavy rain we had lately, that combined with the high heat really makes it not enjoyable to do anything outside for 4-5 hours in the morning that's not raining, no real change in the forecast and we barely started hurricane season in Florida

I have another hobby, RC airplanes, can do that either, about 6 inches of standing water at flying field for 2 weeks now !!

I actually did more riding when I lived in a mild 4 season state/area.

Not having a job to keep you busy , sucks sometimes

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.

The Maytag Man
    Blinky

Taking my "scooter" out for a ride tomorrow. Chances are that I will not see another in my travels. The Pacific Coast is pretty rare in these parts.
    Attached Images    
    Charter XO Turtle Member

Ben Zeppa
    2003 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
    2001 Honda Goldwing
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
    1996 Honda Pacific Coast
    Sun City-Valley of the Dead!
    Semper Fi

BadAss Hooligan

That's very nice Ben

The PC800 is definitively one of those niche bikes with a lot of scooter like features/drawbacks depending who you ask, I think they missed the most important scooter feature a CVT/Automatic for their target audience, most normal cage drivers don't know/want to shift gears !!

ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.