+ Reply to Thread
    Hooligan

Anyone else ride Husqvarna?

I got this late last summer and love it.
    Itís a FE350. Wicked machine.
    I walked into the garage yesterday and this was how it looked. Almost angelic.....

Name:  B3Dc4zR.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  852.5 KB
    Mike

2009 Hooligan of the year

Re: Anyone else ride Husqvarna?

I have a KTM 350 that is basically a first cousin to your Husky.

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

I had one zactly like this one back in 1972. 450 WR.

Name:  2300822238_0d5a9b655b.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  107.4 KB
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    I have a KTM 350 that is basically a first cousin to your Husky.
    Iíd say more like half brothers even. Damn close aside from a few things here and there.
    How do you find it?
    Mike

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    I had one zactly like this one back in 1972. 450 WR.

Attachment 307320
    Arm stretcher.
    Mike

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by McRex View Post
    Arm stretcher.

It was a great woods / desert bike.

Iíd say more like half brothers even. Damn close aside from a few things here and there.
    How do you find it?
    Awesome bike. Even though everybody is going two stroke these days, Iím quite happy sticking with this thumper.

The only frustration is a slight hesitancy to start, which Iíve learned is inherent with this particular model. A slight crack of the throttle usually gets it to fire off more quickly. Iíve yet to find posting on the web of a true solution to the hard starting issue.

Hooligan

Chris,
    If itís anything like mine a little blip of the start button does the trick. I find ďfirst/cold startsĒ arenít great but once warm itís just fine. A trick I was taught is to tap the starter just enough to hear the fuel injection priming the system. Once that stops, a normal press of the start button and it should fire right up.
    As for the two stroke trend, I find my 350 to be a nice intermediary between a two stroke and a big bore thumper. The fuel injection and slipper clutch give it that 2 stroke feel with very little engine braking but the torque and power is certainly 4 stroke.
    My last bike was a 2007 KTM 450EXC that would just about launch you over the bars when you came off the throttle. It was 10 lbs HEAVIER and had 4 LESS horsepower than my Husky.
    Mike

Hooligan

I have a 2015 FE501s. Love it. Green sticker bike in California. I can ride all year long. Fuel injected. No issues on cold starts. Just click the start button. I love this machine.

Chris,
    If itís anything like mine a little blip of the start button does the trick. I find ďfirst/cold startsĒ arenít great but once warm itís just fine. A trick I was taught is to tap the starter just enough to hear the fuel injection priming the system. Once that stops, a normal press of the start button and it should fire right up.
    As for the two stroke trend, I find my 350 to be a nice intermediary between a two stroke and a big bore thumper. The fuel injection and slipper clutch give it that 2 stroke feel with very little engine braking but the torque and power is certainly 4 stroke.
    My last bike was a 2007 KTM 450EXC that would just about launch you over the bars when you came off the throttle. It was 10 lbs HEAVIER and had 4 LESS horsepower than my Husky.
    Yea, I'm talking hot starts. I'm thinking it may just be the OEM fuel tuning, but nobody online has ever confirmed that which I find a little surprising.

My last bike was a 2003 KLX 400R, which was a LOT heavier and down on power by comparison to this KTM. This KTM was definitely an eye opening when I first took it to the trails! I see no need at all to do any power improvements to it. It rocks as-is, right out of the box for my needs.

Hooligan

Here's my 84 husky milk truck and a few others...Name:  IMG_0173.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  154.8 KBName:  IMG_0174.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  155.9 KBName:  IMG_0175.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  164.2 KBName:  IMG_0176.JPG
Views: 165
Size:  162.5 KBName:  IMG_0177.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  126.3 KB

Hooligan

Husky, Can Am, Maico.....what more can you say. Very cool collection. Just need a Bultaco to round it all out.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Whatís the back ground/history on the bikes? Did you ride them at some point or collect? Race?
    Mike

BadAss Hooligan

Dam Gourdhed ! Thatís a SWEET collection ! Thatís a lot of Can -Amís Too !!!

My Dad worked for Bombardier all through the 70ís. I was at the track with him every Sunday in New England. He was selling Can-Amís and getting people to race them. Fred Dolliver lived with us and won the 125 New England title on a super trick Can-Am we built and wrenched on every day. Jeff Smith would be at our pits every weekend bringing down Trick parts straight from Canada. All the Big Wigís from Canada showed up one time after my Dad had finally convinced Jimmy Ellis to sign. I was a little kid but can remember this stuff like yesterday. When Jimmy showed up to race he was just on another level than anyone else, lapping most of the field and soaring off the jumps double as far as the rest.

We use to have the giant Can-Am race truck at our house durning the week and the kids on the school bus would see it , pretty cool.

When I was 15 I ended up getting one of Jimmyís 1975 GP 250 back up race bikes, it looked brand new. It was soooo load and had a snap that was ear piercing, the neighbors always called the cops on me. It was litterally the fastest bike I ever rode , holy shit ! It would roll on a 5 gear wheelie, you had to be very careful riding it. Then when I was 17 and graduated from high school I went to Cape Cod for a week and came home with my garage broken into and my bike gone , along with my best friends Bultaco Pursang 250. It still hurts to this day

Hooligan

Name:  IMG_0180.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  133.6 KBForgot the 95 406 ATK not very many of these around this is #60 of 135 made it has the can am 406 motor . im not racing any more just enjoy the odd vintage stuff.i still ride them all every chance i get more of a hobby now .every few months ill take a few to my brothers property in N.C. and get some good riding in..once i retire in three years ill get a piece of land where they all can play..

BadAss Hooligan

NICE !

BadAss Hooligan

Here is a Husky you probably donít have !
    Attached Images  

BadAss Hooligan

remember the smell of SPECTROL in the air......

I could wheelie my buddies Huskey better than my 77 PE...what machines back then...

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Nice collection!

My younger brother is a certified Maico freak. I think he has 4 or 5 of them.

Hooligan

Nice collection!

My younger brother is a certified Maico freak. I think he has 4 or 5 of them.
    Thanks, yea im in the process of restoring a 79 250 maico .

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by gourdhed View Post
    Thanks, yea im in the process of restoring a 79 250 maico .

Name:  2019-03-01 11_43_10-SCAN_20170612_114057049.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  131.2 KB
    Attached Images

TMZ of the ZRXOA

Name:  2019-03-01 11_44_51-SCAN_20170612_114057049.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  81.6 KB

Husqvarna Hooligan

[QUOTE=gourdhed;4955277]Here's my 84 husky milk truck and a few others...

nice collection sir! im pretty sure you have an 83 husky, as all 84 bikes went to plastic tanks and the the cr250 only in 84 was huskies first liquid bike..they were unusual in that they had one large rad. i bought and parted one a few years ago. its also possible yours was stamped with 84 numbers as a holdover..the swedes didnt keep things real straight between years always and used up excess parts at times.
    99 zrx 1100 #9168 full ss muzzy/factory pro+ape pods/ kwick throttle,advancer,no-flo,pod tray,kwick kill/ teds fender eliminator/ sargent and wog seat/ jim's shifter mod/ pilot 4s/ couch brace and risers/ renthal street low bars
    95 husqvarna 360wxc dynoport pipe,lectron carb, WER suspension
    88 husqvarna 250xc
    87 husqvarna 430xc dynoport pipe
    86 husqvarna 400wr
    84 husqvarna 250wr
    83 husqvarna 500xc

Hooligan

[QUOTE=justintendo;4961071]
    Here's my 84 husky milk truck and a few others...

nice collection sir! im pretty sure you have an 83 husky, as all 84 bikes went to plastic tanks and the the cr250 only in 84 was huskies first liquid bike..they were unusual in that they had one large rad. i bought and parted one a few years ago. its also possible yours was stamped with 84 numbers as a holdover..the swedes didnt keep things real straight between years always and used up excess parts at times.
    Justin you have a good eye,it had the plastic tank on it when i got it .i put the aluminum tank on it .plus it is really a wr 250. i liked the cr look better i did change out the forks to the longer travel ones .

Husqvarna Hooligan

[QUOTE=gourdhed;4961126]
    Quote Originally Posted by justintendo View Post

Justin you have a good eye,it had the plastic tank on it when i got it .i put the aluminum tank on it .plus it is really a wr 250. i liked the cr look better i did change out the forks to the longer travel ones .
    ah, well that makes sense then. ironically the 84 wr250 uses the 83 cr250 cylinder and corresponding portwork. i have several cr swingers and rear shocks if you need them to go with the longer forks.

i also didnt see the obvious rear frame loop on your bike as well..dont cut it!
    99 zrx 1100 #9168 full ss muzzy/factory pro+ape pods/ kwick throttle,advancer,no-flo,pod tray,kwick kill/ teds fender eliminator/ sargent and wog seat/ jim's shifter mod/ pilot 4s/ couch brace and risers/ renthal street low bars
    88 husqvarna 250xc
    86 husqvarna 400wr
    84 husqvarna 250wr
    83 husqvarna 500xc

Husqvarna Hooligan

awesome maicos sir..you dont see many, especially the newer ones!
    88 husqvarna 250xc
    86 husqvarna 400wr
    84 husqvarna 250wr
    83 husqvarna 500xc

Hooligan

[QUOTE=justintendo;4961157]

ah, well that makes sense then. ironically the 84 wr250 uses the 83 cr250 cylinder and corresponding portwork. i have several cr swingers and rear shocks if you need them to go with the longer forks.

i also didnt see the obvious rear frame loop on your bike as well..dont cut it!
    cool thanks ..

Honey Badgers friend

In the garage next to the KTM 690.....Still has a tug on my nostalgic good ole days..............
    95' 610 Wr
    Name:  94 610 Husky.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  330.8 KB
    " Adventure B4 Dementia,...... do it while you still can,...No Regrets"......

Husqvarna Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by DrBlackbird View Post
    In the garage next to the KTM 690.....Still has a tug on my nostalgic good ole days..............
    95' 610 Wr
    Attachment 308773
    awesome left kicker man..made in italy but still has that great swede designed mill and basic chassis. those are a great period of huskies appearance wise, even tho parts are getting scarce especially bodywork. the single backbone swede chassis handles great and is fairly light..when the italians took over they kept the four strokes mostly the same, including the chassis.
    notice how my late swede 2 stroke has a very likewise design.
    Name:  Photo767.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  219.1 KB
    Last edited by justintendo; 04-21-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    88 husqvarna 250xc
    86 husqvarna 400wr
    84 husqvarna 250wr
    83 husqvarna 500xc