+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Gold Coast

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomie View Post
    Thanks, I think it looks much better as well. I wanted an R but this was the right price, well looked after and had some nice mods.
    The fairing bracket was from Japan on eBay. It came with all the rubbers and cost just over $200aud delivered, which I thought was a bit pricey but it was the cheapest I could find at the time.
    Welcome. Im on GC and head south often for a good rip.
    $200 pricey.....oh dear, but a mere drop in the ocean. Wait until you really get started.
    Too late now but there is an R model in Lismore thats priced well......Im pretty tempted.

  2. #32
    All I Want To Do Is A Zoom - Zoom
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA

    Re: G'day from a new member

    hellio! nice bike
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself

  3. #33
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    US

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by Parko View Post
    Have you seen the movie,STONE.
    the description looks good on IMDb. I'll have to check it out. Is it good?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    current bike: 2000 ZRX1100
    Member # 9904

  4. #34
    New, but just to this Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Australia

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by usewhenrequired View Post
    Welcome. Im on GC and head south often for a good rip.
    $200 pricey.....oh dear, but a mere drop in the ocean. Wait until you really get started.
    Too late now but there is an R model in Lismore thats priced well......Im pretty tempted.

    Yeh I saw that, I could've waited but I'm happy with what I've got. I'd be more hesitant to modify a nice R stocker.

    I'm in Murwillumbah and currently working in Burleigh so Tomewin mountain is my cummute;

  5. #35
    Stuffed Up
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane QLD, Australia

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomie View Post
    Yeh I saw that, I could've waited but I'm happy with what I've got. I'd be more hesitant to modify a nice R stocker.
    No one modifies their bikes here, they are all stock!
    #10079

    2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, Ivan's Block off plates, FP Jetting (35/130, 2.5 turns out, 3rd click down 1 washer on top), Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer

  6. #36
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    "Straya"

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by Cundalini View Post
    the description looks good on IMDb. I'll have to check it out. Is it good?
    It has a cult following here in Australia,especially for enthusiasts of the Z900.

    Several actors from the original Mad Max feature in Stone.

    The movie was made around the same time as the release of the first Kawasaki Z900. The producer of the movie,who also plays one of the leading characters,approached Kawasaki and asked for help with providing the bikes. Kawasaki gave them something like 10 brand new Z900's,for free,to make the film,which were them custom painted to suit the theme of each character in the OMG,Gravediggers (all returned Vietnam vets,in the movie).

    If you can,get hold of the DVD,as it has all the interesting back stories about the bikes.

  7. #37
    Stuffed Up
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane QLD, Australia

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Didnt they put a call out for "some" bikes to show up for one of the scenes and literally thousands turned up?
    #10079

    2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, Ivan's Block off plates, FP Jetting (35/130, 2.5 turns out, 3rd click down 1 washer on top), Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer

  8. #38
    The Mod Father
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Lisburn.,Northern Ireland

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    No one modifies their bikes here, they are all stock!
    Yep...,virtually unheard of..!!
    "A change in behaviour begins when Jesus changes our heart"

    Carina Wells (Mum)
    RIP.

    April 2017 BOTM~2017 BOTY
    #10080

  9. #39
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Gold Coast

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomie View Post
    Yeh I saw that, I could've waited but I'm happy with what I've got. I'd be more hesitant to modify a nice R stocker.

    I'm in Murwillumbah and currently working in Burleigh so Tomewin mountain is my cummute;
    Very familiar with that road

  10. #40
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    US

    G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by Parko View Post
    It has a cult following here in Australia,especially for enthusiasts of the Z900.

    Several actors from the original Mad Max feature in Stone.

    The movie was made around the same time as the release of the first Kawasaki Z900. The producer of the movie,who also plays one of the leading characters,approached Kawasaki and asked for help with providing the bikes. Kawasaki gave them something like 10 brand new Z900's,for free,to make the film,which were them custom painted to suit the theme of each character in the OMG,Gravediggers (all returned Vietnam vets,in the movie).

    If you can,get hold of the DVD,as it has all the interesting back stories about the bikes.
    thanks for the info, Iím deffo going to check it out now
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    current bike: 2000 ZRX1100
    Member # 9904

  11. #41
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alameda, Ca

    Re: G'day from a new member


  12. #42
    Stuffed Up
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane QLD, Australia

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by skyproj View Post
    #10079

    2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, Ivan's Block off plates, FP Jetting (35/130, 2.5 turns out, 3rd click down 1 washer on top), Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer

  13. #43
    New, but just to this Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Australia

    Re: G'day from a new member

    Quote Originally Posted by skyproj View Post
    Cheers it's a good movie. Been a while since I watched it.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB