+ Reply to Thread
    No More Clowns
    Olympia, WA, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

A few fellers attempted to steal bikes from work!

We honest, hard working, red blooded American workers came to work this morning to find our gate smashed in. It looked like an accident but it was interesting that there were no skid marks anywhere. So we began our process of pulling bikes out and cleaning the parking area, when we found a cell phone.... it was on and not locked. There was a text message from the Police, checking in with a victim or something to that effect. Then management got real interested in checking the cameras sooner. So we all went back there and watched....

Early this morning around 2am, a White van drove through our gate, with a midsize truck following closely behind. They pulled right up to our side door. 7 or 8 black guys flooded out of the truck and the van with masks and hammers and they started to peer into our sticker covered windows. This is a huge problem here. People like to smash the windows and steal dirt bikes. Well, we have a knee high bar the encompasses the entire building, so there was no driving into/through the glass. They couldn't see in, the motion alarm is going off AND (if they had broken the window) all the dirt bikes are cabled together and blocked in by side by sides anyway. They decide to bail. Counter measures actually worked! We gather, due to the message on the dropped phone, that the vehicles they were planning to use to steal the bikes were also stolen. Bunch of punk mofos.

Last edited by Derro; 03-26-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
    "The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

"Feb. 22 '05" and a single word, "counselor"

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R Bleu (sold)
    1995 Honda VFR750f (sold)

BadAss Hooligan

Re: A few fellers attempted to steal bikes from work!

Sorry to hear but that crap goes on everywhere. Super smart idea about the bar that goes around the inside... that tells me one thing, they didn't case the place before trying to break-in or at least it looks that way to me. How stupid is that

Glad you only have a gate to fix for sure could have been much worst.

I work for an International truck dealer and the owner has 2 very nice 60's restored Scouts... SUV's before their time... their built like a tank!
    Few years ago a couple of idiots jumped the fence and hotwired one got it running but couldn't get the other one running... then drove one out the gate took 3 hits to get it out... we have cameras also!

The gates are double gates that are chained and padlocked... all they had to do was bring some bolt cutters and cut the chain... instead the dumb a$$ drive through the gate.

Police recovered it a couple of days later the front end all messed up and it looked like it had never been restored.

BTW... they never caught the SOB's!

Wayne

Hooligan

That happened to the Kawi shop I worked in. They busted out the windows and took 10 bikes. Alarm company ignored the whole deal. One othe time they cut a fence in the back and took several quads that were still in the crates. Another dealership a few towns over just got hit last fall. they busted out the windows all the bikes had cables running though them. they cut the cable and took 3 bikes. I really have a dislike for dishonest people.

No More Clowns

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    That happened to the Kawi shop I worked in. They busted out the windows and took 10 bikes. Alarm company ignored the whole deal. One othe time they cut a fence in the back and took several quads that were still in the crates. Another dealership a few towns over just got hit last fall. they busted out the windows all the bikes had cables running though them. they cut the cable and took 3 bikes. I really have a dislike for dishonest people.
    I'm with you Brother!!!!
    It was beyond satisfying watching these morons as they realized...... this wasn't happening this time.
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
    "The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR

President of the ZRXOA

Dirt bags
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

2009 Hooligan of the year

My brother-in-law has a guitar/music store in North Houston. "Smash and grab" is a fairly common occurrence. His store has been hit three times over the years, even with ever increasing security measures. He said the thieves use the vehicle smash and grab tactic to steal pretty much anything. He said some dudes backed (rammed) a pickup truck through the front wall of another nearby sports clothing store and loaded up on all the "jogging suits" they had on the racks.

No More Clowns

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    My brother-in-law has a guitar/music store in North Houston. "Smash and grab" is a fairly common occurrence. His store has been hit three times over the years, even with ever increasing security measures. He said the thieves use the vehicle smash and grab tactic to steal pretty much anything. He said some dudes backed (rammed) a pickup truck through the front wall of another nearby sports clothing store and loaded up on all the "jogging suits" they had on the racks.
    ...... jogging suits!? What kinda sick F***s are these guys!!!!?
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR

Color Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Derro View Post
    Take a drive through the hood and pay attention to the fashionable attire. you'll understand.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

c10's best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Derro View Post
    Its not necessarily what they will use/wear, its what they can be sold. Get into the right areas and you'll find all of the little flea markets where that stuff ends up.
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

No More Clowns

Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post
    Take a drive through the hood and pay attention to the fashionable attire. you'll understand.

TG
    ahhhhhh..... I'm pickin' up what yer puttin' down..
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR

Name:  16AW_SP_Suede_YT03_0297.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  300.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mitch View Post
    Its not necessarily what they will use/wear, its what they can be sold. Get into the right areas and you'll find all of the little flea markets where that stuff ends up.
    Yep.

BadAss Hooligan

One of Kwick's restorations? They just unbolted the obscured from the highway side of the metal building at the Yamaha shop I worked at .

Stuffed Up

I'm on a few "Bikes Stolen" FB pages and it is absolutely amazing how many are going missing just in my city - keep in mind this is ONLY people from the group.

I've never really payed any attention to the security, but we are in a good neighbourhood and either my wife or I am home most of the time, if not we have a dog (that MIGHT be a bit of a deterrent). I think the biggest plus for me is that I am surrounded by snoopy retirees with nothing better to do than stickybeak - annoying at times but probably more of a pro than a con.

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

BadAss Hooligan
    Melbourne, Florida....On the corner of "walk" and "Dont Walk"

Round here a couple big car lots have the car keys in lock boxes hanging off the car window so the lazy salesmen don't have to trip to the office to get keys. A ring of thieves were taking the lock boxes and opening them up in a different location, then they'd return and steal about a dozen brand new cars at once. They'd plow over 6 ft fences and through chain link barriers. One Ford dealer got hit about a half dozen times before he stopped that practice because we ragged his ass so bad for all the stolen vehicle reports we had to take....not to mention the half million dollars worth of vehicles that were stolen.
    ZRXOA #9877
    "IT'S NOT THE BIG THAT EAT THE SMALL..... IT'S THE FAST THAT EAT THE SLOW"
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

Past Kawi's: 76 KZ900, 78 KZ1000, 80 Z1 Classic

Off Brands: 74 Honda XR75, 80 Yamaha YZ250, 84 Honda 1100 Magna,
    95 Suzuki RF900R, 88 Suzuki Katana 1100
    Wish List: 74 Yamaha DT400

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Security detail.

Name:  dobe gang.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  49.1 KB

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

BadAss Hooligan

Ooooh!! One of each. Dobie collector.
    ZRXOA #9877
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
    Ooooh!! One of each. Dobie collector.
    We only have two .... Gloss black/rust 14 month male and a 12 week red/rust female. She's smarter than Kwick and tougher than to be determined.

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Father Joe

"Track suits" was the brother term when I was a teeny bopper.

Thieves are scum bags of the highest order. Let's hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

I've had a Red and a Black/tan. Never had a blue or all black.
    ZRXOA #9877
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

Stuffed Up

Dobi or track suit???

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Dobi or track suit???
    ZRXOA #9877
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

No More Clowns

Dogs are one of the best deterrents! We have 2 dogs. A 110 lb black and brindle legged German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd mix and a 95 lb Black Lab. The lab and the shep make a lot of noise if there is something going on around our dwellings until we tell them to shut up. Jetty, the lab will bark and run away from confrontation. Orion, the shep will stop barking.... then attack the ever living sh!t out of someone not acquainted. Good boys
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR

Screwed

Trailer theft...........I know, if a professional wants to steal something bad enough, he will figure out a way. But.......just to make his job alittle more challenging........I recently installed a trailer hitch on my Ford Transit Connect. I will lock the hitch receiver (male part with the ball on it) to the female hitch receptacle ("hitch vagina"??). I also had our Maint Shop weld the 2"ball/nut to the receiver portion. The mechanic said "why....you will never be able to get the ball off now"......I said "Prezactly". If you have a trailer hooked up to your vehicle, the theif can unbolt the nut on the ball shaft, pull the ball + attached trailer tongue up and away, and then lower it down onto his own blank receiver/vehicle nearby. Welding the nut on your receiver prevents this.
    Last edited by mark 444; 03-27-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    I've screwed over 13,233 ZRXOA members in the past.......who's next in line??
    See "Products Made by Members" Forum (SS Engine/Body Bolt Kit).....ROK Straps & now ROK Dog Leashes, SOXz Moto-socks, Jacket Caddys.

No More Clowns

CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR

c10's best friend

Quote Originally Posted by mark 444 View Post
    Trailer theft...........I know, if a professional wants to steal something bad enough, he will figure out a way. But.......just to make his job alittle more challenging........I recently installed a trailer hitch on my Ford Transit Connect. I will lock the hitch receiver (male part with the ball on it) to the female hitch receptacle ("hitch vagina"??). I also had our Maint Shop weld the 2"ball to the receiver portion. The mechanic said "why....you will never be able to get the ball off now"......I said "Prezactly". If you have a trailer hooked up to your vehicle, the theif can unbolt the nut on the ball shaft, pull the ball + attached trailer tongue up and away, and then lower it down onto his own blank receiver/vehicle nearby. Welding the nut on your receiver prevents this.
    When Im on a trip and have to make an overnight stop I try to park with my trailer wheels backed against a tire stop, with light pressure against the trailer. They could remove the nut but that ball wont slide down and out.
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

avtech3d

Locks only keep honest people honest.
    Member #9225
    99 ZRX1100

We've had 3 blk/rust before these .... 25 years without as our son was allergic, of course now that he's moved out he's not.

We painted Finn gloss ..... he looks forking scary after a fresh bath because his coat literally shines!

SS
    YTRAP 2/23/05

BadAss Hooligan

I'm sure.
    ZRXOA #9877
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver