+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

considering a 14 gtr would like advice

Im considering a Concours 14 but I'm 6'3 250 for you bigger guys how much room is left for a passenger ? looking for something to cruise long distance with gf. Thanks.
    ZRXOA#4783

2009 Hooligan of the year

Re: considering a 14 gtr would like advice

With a payload limit of right at 500 lbs (including rider, passenger, baggage and accessories), you should be able to fit a pretty healthy gal on the bike.

This looks like a pretty big guy to give an idea of passenger space.

Name:  633875244_FJ8J7-XL-L.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  202.5 KB

The wife and I tried one on for size in a showroom and she had TONS of space, but we're both far from big. She didn't like the bike at all because of its large size......and concern that it wouldn't wheelie.

Good article from a passenger's perspective, but she's a small gal. So that should be taken into consideration when reading her comments.

http://www.motoadrenaline.net/2015/01/

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    ......and concern that it wouldn't wheelie.
    VERY misplaced concern! WHeeelies as well as a ZRX and more stable when landing at 100mph.

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

2009 Hooligan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    VERY misplaced concern! WHeeelies as well as a ZRX and more stable when landing at 100mph.

SS
    Yeah, I told her there is no doubt itíll wheelie. She still thought it was too big. In fact, she laid down the law and said we will never own a motorcycle bigger than the ZRX. She loves our ZRX!

No More Clowns
    Olympia, WA, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I've seen people trade Connies in for k1600GT or GTLs..... the reasons were comfort in length and or storage capacity in those situations. They are STRONG bikes and they handle well! Not quite as sporty as the Connie though... imo.. You gotta have a couple pretty pennies though.
    Last edited by Derro; 03-21-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: purple monkey dishwasher
    CLOWNS ARE MY FAVORITE..

ZRXOA# 8889

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."
    "The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

"Feb. 22 '05" and a single word, "counselor"

Current 2016 BMW S1000XR
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R Bleu (sold)
    1995 Honda VFR750f (sold)

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Derro View Post
    I've seen people trade Connies in for k1600GT or GTLs..... the reasons were comfort in length and or storage capacity in those situations. They are STRONG bikes and they handle well! Not quite as sporty as the Connie though... imo.. You gotta have a couple pretty pennies though.

After seeing some YouTube videos of how the GT/GTL's are assembled (and after working on Groovy's new S1000R this winter), I'm not sure I would own a BMW now. Yes, I've heard the stories about working on Connies / ZX14's but the BMW's don't seem very maintenance friendly either IMHO.

'Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Dr. Seuss

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISPY View Post
    After seeing some YouTube videos of how the GT/GTL's are assembled (and after working on Groovy's new S1000R this winter), I'm not sure I would own a BMW now. Yes, I've heard the stories about working on Connies / ZX14's but the BMW's don't seem very maintenance friendly either IMHO.
    Watch Chris Harris videos it will further convince you.

Honey Badgers friend

Picked up a 12' Black Beauty couple Mths ago.....Have a ZX14....but am really diggin this C14.....The bike can handle your size....But without a doubt, the rear shock is extremely undersprung.....THe most important Mod right off the start is a new rear shock....and not a respring of the OEM one....valving is crap and can't be made to work well. You'll love the bike.....
    " Adventure B4 Dementia,...... do it while you still can,...No Regrets"......