+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 63
  1. #1
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    New Member in Eastern TN

    Hi everyone,

    Figured Iíd stop lurking and say hello. I live in Maryville, TN. Iíve got a few other bikes (old RD350, XS650, vintage stuff..) but I had been itching bad for a big bike.

    Iíd been loosely looking for a ZRX for a few years and finally pulled the trigger. I have a huge regret... that I didnít get one sooner. Iíd been missing out!

    This board is absolutely incredible. Iíll probably go right back to lurking because thereís so much info to ingest.

    Thanks to Dan (oldkawboy) for getting me in the saddle, and showing me all kinds of fun ways to obliterate paychecks.

    -Nathan



  2. #2
    Legal Eagle
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome aboard, Nathan

  3. #3
    SUPER COMMANDO
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Florida

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Beautiful bike . You might want to delete your location . You live in a great region of the country .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

  4. #4
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shiny Side Up ^

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Name:  Welcome Ya'll  ZRX.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  25.8 KB
    Big Harry

    "As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

  5. #5
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    cincinnati

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    welcome

    nice look'n ZRX
    01 ZRX 1200 green
    00 ZRX 1100 black
    12 C14 connie red
    2003 KLX 400
    2004 CRF100
    2008 CRF100
    2016 300 Ninja
    2017 Z125 Pro
    " Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

    " That which you manifest is before you " Enzo

    ZRXOA# 8746

  6. #6
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Indiana

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome, nice rex. Any plans for it yet?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern,Ma

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Swwwweeet Bike.....even Swwwweeeettaa work space.....
    enjoy...

  8. #8
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Thanks for the welcomes.


    Quote Originally Posted by No prescription needed View Post
    Beautiful bike . You might want to delete your location . You live in a great region of the country .
    Iím very lucky to call this area my backyard. Itís a lot of fun!

  9. #9
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstroke_Fan View Post
    Welcome, nice rex. Any plans for it yet?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

    Yeah, very first thing I did was install a QWICK tension tamer since it was pointed out why the clutch hub had mouse bites around it, and I saw the thread with the carnage it can cause.



    Swapped the stock bars and risers for ProTaper EVO Adventure low bars, and threw some KOSO heated grips on, because why not?





    Currently trying to narrow down tire choices. Then itís time for headers and a downpipe... it just doesnít ever end, right?

  10. #10
    President of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome aboard and stunning blue!

    Nice job Dan
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

    CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

    2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

  11. #11
    Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Charleston, TN -- bah-ha-wa-ha!

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Well, you happen to be in one of the greatest areas for not only riding .... some REALLY good people live VERY near you. oldkawboy lives in Marehville and KenR lives in Seymour. I live in Charleston, TN.... TNT lives in Benton, Honda John and Tool live in Charleston also. Rudedog lives in S. Cleveland, TN. Trust me when I say this, Dan (oldkawboy) is THE one Kawasaki rider you MUST meet ..... he will make 90% of this bunch seem like rank armchair peewee foosball corner backs, even Kwick and Arash.

    My comments are sincere and factual as I have had Dan and his lovely Kawasaki bride visit our home and they are GENUINE TN folk .... they have raised a fine family who, BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure.

    Anywho welcome and hope we get to meet and ride.

    BTW, today is KAWASAKIday!

    SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

    Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

  12. #12
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Well, you happen to be in one of the greatest areas for not only riding .... some REALLY good people live VERY near you. oldkawboy lives in Marehville and KenR lives in Seymour. I live in Charleston, TN.... TNT lives in Benton, Honda John and Tool live in Charleston also. Rudedog lives in S. Cleveland, TN. Trust me when I say this, Dan (oldkawboy) is THE one Kawasaki rider you MUST meet ..... he will make 90% of this bunch seem like rank armchair peewee foosball corner backs, even Kwick and Arash.

    My comments are sincere and factual as I have had Dan and his lovely Kawasaki bride visit our home and they are GENUINE TN folk .... they have raised a fine family who, BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure.

    Anywho welcome and hope we get to meet and ride.

    BTW, today is KAWASAKIday!

    SS
    Also my birthday, haha.

    Oh yes I know Dan, bought this bike from him! I also work with one of his sons, heís one of the people who egged me on to buy it!
    You can for sure count on us meeting up

  13. #13
    Born In The USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Redding, CA.

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome! Nice bike!
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

    I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.



    2014 Ninja 1000

    2005 ZX10

    1981 GPz550

  14. #14
    SUPER COMMANDO
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Florida

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure. Vince Hill and his son may also be among this prestigious group .But they don't live in Tennesseeeee .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

  15. #15
    Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Charleston, TN -- bah-ha-wa-ha!

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Quote Originally Posted by No prescription needed View Post
    BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure. Vince Hill and his son may also be among this prestigious group .But they don't live in Tennesseeeee .
    .... Vincent is in the top 10% of this bunch for SURE FYI.

    SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

    Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

  16. #16
    Stuffed Up
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brisbane QLD, Australia

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome Nathan and great looking bike!

    Get yer wallet ready for a real pounding!
    #10079

    2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

  17. #17
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New Hudson, MI.USA

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Nice bike very clean

  18. #18
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    GTA Ontario, Canada

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome Nathan.
    Nice ZRX you've found yourself.

    Rob, #10002

    2000 ZRX1100 C4 - Green. Ohlin's shocks, Corbin seat, fork brace, steering damper, Gimbel bugspoiler, ELS: KWICK Kill, +4 Advancer, Tension Tamer & ELS Rack ("lighter than the grab handles"), 65700 kms.

    1978 KZ650 C2 - Bored, ported, electronic ign., K&N, Delkevic SS Ex., braced forks and swingarm, Progressive suspension, steering damper, Koni shocks, Rickman fairing, Guiliari seat, GSXR Rearsets, 125,000 kms.

  19. #19
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Macon, GA

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Congrats Nathan! The ZRX is a great bike and youíll love it. Looking forward to seeing it and you at the Gap in early May!
    Evans
    Macon, GA


    1972 Kawasaki H2 Mach IV 750
    1976 Suzuki GT 750
    1984 Yamaha RZ 350 (KR yellow/ black)

  20. #20
    Super Moderator
    Hooligan Paramedic &
    Master Biscuit Maker

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Franklin TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Also my birthday, haha.

    Oh yes I know Dan, bought this bike from him! I also work with one of his sons, heís one of the people who egged me on to buy it!
    You can for sure count on us meeting up
    Don't let him talk you into painting it green
    Make a fast friend. Adopt a retired racing Greyhound

    www.greyhoundpets.org
    Or PM me for details

  21. #21
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome to the forum, and to ownership of a very fine example of the ZRX. Look forward to an opportunity to ride with you sometime. As for tires, I have Pirelli Angel GT's on my ZRX and I would recommend them to you. Enjoy your new bike.

  22. #22
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    West Virginia

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    WELCOME !!
    4 WHEELS MOVE THE BODY, 2 WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL !!!!

    2000 KAWASAKI ZRX 1100 - GREEN
    2002 TRIUMPH DAYTONA 955I
    2019 HD CVO STREET GLIDE
    2005 HD LOW RIDER
    2014 KX250F

  23. #23
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    East Tennessee. I'm HOME!

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome to the party, Pal!
    Attached Images  


    No good can come from this.

  24. #24
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, AL

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome Aboard Nathan

    No need to tell you how great the ZRXOA is you've already seen how we roll here

    Very pretty bike and I'm sure it will offer all your needs in having a new toy to play with.

    When you get time post up some pictures of your other bikes... most of us here love all kinds of bike we're ALL just madly In Love With The ZRX..

    ENJOY and Be Safe

    Wayne

  25. #25
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Thanks everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Evans Ward View Post
    Congrats Nathan! The ZRX is a great bike and youíll love it. Looking forward to seeing it and you at the Gap in early May!
    Hey Evans! Yes, Iíll be there, you know it! Are you showing up Sunday? Whatcha bringing with you?

  26. #26
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Quote Originally Posted by 05ZRX12 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, and to ownership of a very fine example of the ZRX. Look forward to an opportunity to ride with you sometime. As for tires, I have Pirelli Angel GT's on my ZRX and I would recommend them to you. Enjoy your new bike.
    Lookin forward to meeting you as well man, shoot me a DM!

  27. #27
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Quote Originally Posted by BAMA-ZRX View Post
    Welcome Aboard Nathan

    No need to tell you how great the ZRXOA is you've already seen how we roll here

    Very pretty bike and I'm sure it will offer all your needs in having a new toy to play with.

    When you get time post up some pictures of your other bikes... most of us here love all kinds of bike we're ALL just madly In Love With The ZRX..

    ENJOY and Be Safe

    Wayne
    Hey Wayne,
    Yeah, this ZRX has all kinds of possibilities, itís got me borderline obsessed!

    Hereís some of my other bikes.

    1974 XS650





    1973 F11





    1974 RD350





    I have an RD400 project but the ZRX has stolen the attention from that, might have to sell it to fund the ZRX!

  28. #28
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bloomingdale, Indiana

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Welcome to the madness. Dan is good people we have done some dealing and a great guy. Check out the BOTM on Featured ZRX and voting will start soon. Not sure I can hold a candle to the green bike that was nominated but I love them all as I only have 5 or 4 soon when my son graduates as he gets an 05 I promised him. Ride safe and have fun. If you ever need advise Dan is a good one or message me I know a little but most likely I can point you in the right direction as some know way more than I do.

  29. #29
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maryville, TN

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rex II View Post
    Welcome to the madness. Dan is good people we have done some dealing and a great guy. Check out the BOTM on Featured ZRX and voting will start soon. Not sure I can hold a candle to the green bike that was nominated but I love them all as I only have 5 or 4 soon when my son graduates as he gets an 05 I promised him. Ride safe and have fun. If you ever need advise Dan is a good one or message me I know a little but most likely I can point you in the right direction as some know way more than I do.
    Much appreciated! Thereís a huge wealth of knowledge around here!
    Danís the real deal, Iím very lucky to have crossed paths with him.

  30. #30
    President of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA

    Re: New Member in Eastern TN

    Love the RD. Smoking is good for your mental health.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

    CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

    2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB