+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Licensed to Mod

New Member in Eastern TN

Hi everyone,

Figured Iíd stop lurking and say hello. I live in Maryville, TN. Iíve got a few other bikes (old RD350, XS650, vintage stuff..) but I had been itching bad for a big bike.

Iíd been loosely looking for a ZRX for a few years and finally pulled the trigger. I have a huge regret... that I didnít get one sooner. Iíd been missing out!

This board is absolutely incredible. Iíll probably go right back to lurking because thereís so much info to ingest.

Thanks to Dan (oldkawboy) for getting me in the saddle, and showing me all kinds of fun ways to obliterate paychecks.

-Nathan

Legal Eagle

Re: New Member in Eastern TN

Welcome aboard, Nathan

SUPER COMMANDO

Beautiful bike . You might want to delete your location . You live in a great region of the country .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

BadAss Hooligan

Name:  Welcome Ya'll  ZRX.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  25.8 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

welcome

nice look'n ZRX
    01 ZRX 1200 green
    00 ZRX 1100 black
    12 C14 connie red
    2003 KLX 400
    2004 CRF100
    2008 CRF100
    2016 300 Ninja
    2017 Z125 Pro
    " Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

" That which you manifest is before you " Enzo

ZRXOA# 8746

Hooligan

Welcome, nice rex. Any plans for it yet?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BadAss Hooligan

Swwwweeet Bike.....even Swwwweeeettaa work space.....
    enjoy...

Licensed to Mod

Thanks for the welcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by No prescription needed View Post
    Beautiful bike . You might want to delete your location . You live in a great region of the country .
    Iím very lucky to call this area my backyard. Itís a lot of fun!

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstroke_Fan View Post
    Welcome, nice rex. Any plans for it yet?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Yeah, very first thing I did was install a QWICK tension tamer since it was pointed out why the clutch hub had mouse bites around it, and I saw the thread with the carnage it can cause.

Swapped the stock bars and risers for ProTaper EVO Adventure low bars, and threw some KOSO heated grips on, because why not?

Currently trying to narrow down tire choices. Then itís time for headers and a downpipe... it just doesnít ever end, right?

President of the ZRXOA

Welcome aboard and stunning blue!

Nice job Dan
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Well, you happen to be in one of the greatest areas for not only riding .... some REALLY good people live VERY near you. oldkawboy lives in Marehville and KenR lives in Seymour. I live in Charleston, TN.... TNT lives in Benton, Honda John and Tool live in Charleston also. Rudedog lives in S. Cleveland, TN. Trust me when I say this, Dan (oldkawboy) is THE one Kawasaki rider you MUST meet ..... he will make 90% of this bunch seem like rank armchair peewee foosball corner backs, even Kwick and Arash.

My comments are sincere and factual as I have had Dan and his lovely Kawasaki bride visit our home and they are GENUINE TN folk .... they have raised a fine family who, BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure.

Anywho welcome and hope we get to meet and ride.

BTW, today is KAWASAKIday!

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Well, you happen to be in one of the greatest areas for not only riding .... some REALLY good people live VERY near you. oldkawboy lives in Marehville and KenR lives in Seymour. I live in Charleston, TN.... TNT lives in Benton, Honda John and Tool live in Charleston also. Rudedog lives in S. Cleveland, TN. Trust me when I say this, Dan (oldkawboy) is THE one Kawasaki rider you MUST meet ..... he will make 90% of this bunch seem like rank armchair peewee foosball corner backs, even Kwick and Arash.

My comments are sincere and factual as I have had Dan and his lovely Kawasaki bride visit our home and they are GENUINE TN folk .... they have raised a fine family who, BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure.

Anywho welcome and hope we get to meet and ride.

BTW, today is KAWASAKIday!

SS
    Also my birthday, haha.

Oh yes I know Dan, bought this bike from him! I also work with one of his sons, heís one of the people who egged me on to buy it!
    You can for sure count on us meeting up

Born In The USA

Welcome! Nice bike!
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

SUPER COMMANDO

BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure. Vince Hill and his son may also be among this prestigious group .But they don't live in Tennesseeeee .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by No prescription needed View Post
    BTW, contain the ONLY father/son combo to break 200 MPH in a legit high speed event in this nation, maybe in the world. for sure. Vince Hill and his son may also be among this prestigious group .But they don't live in Tennesseeeee .
    .... Vincent is in the top 10% of this bunch for SURE FYI.

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

Stuffed Up

Welcome Nathan and great looking bike!

Get yer wallet ready for a real pounding!

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Hooligan

Nice bike very clean

Hooligan

Welcome Nathan.
    Nice ZRX you've found yourself.

Rob, #10002

2000 ZRX1100 C4 - Green. Ohlin's shocks, Corbin seat, fork brace, steering damper, Gimbel bugspoiler, ELS: KWICK Kill, +4 Advancer, Tension Tamer & ELS Rack ("lighter than the grab handles"), 65700 kms.

1978 KZ650 C2 - Bored, ported, electronic ign., K&N, Delkevic SS Ex., braced forks and swingarm, Progressive suspension, steering damper, Koni shocks, Rickman fairing, Guiliari seat, GSXR Rearsets, 125,000 kms.

BadAss Hooligan

Congrats Nathan! The ZRX is a great bike and youíll love it. Looking forward to seeing it and you at the Gap in early May!
    Evans
    Macon, GA

1972 Kawasaki H2 Mach IV 750
    1976 Suzuki GT 750
    1984 Yamaha RZ 350 (KR yellow/ black)

Super Moderator
    Hooligan Paramedic &
    Master Biscuit Maker

Also my birthday, haha.

Oh yes I know Dan, bought this bike from him! I also work with one of his sons, heís one of the people who egged me on to buy it!
    You can for sure count on us meeting up
    Don't let him talk you into painting it green
    Make a fast friend. Adopt a retired racing Greyhound

www.greyhoundpets.org
    Or PM me for details

Hooligan

Welcome to the forum, and to ownership of a very fine example of the ZRX. Look forward to an opportunity to ride with you sometime. As for tires, I have Pirelli Angel GT's on my ZRX and I would recommend them to you. Enjoy your new bike.

Hooligan

WELCOME !!
    4 WHEELS MOVE THE BODY, 2 WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL !!!!

2000 KAWASAKI ZRX 1100 - GREEN
    2002 TRIUMPH DAYTONA 955I
    2019 HD CVO STREET GLIDE
    2005 HD LOW RIDER
    2014 KX250F

BadAss Hooligan

Welcome to the party, Pal!
    Attached Images  

No good can come from this.

BadAss Hooligan

Welcome Aboard Nathan

No need to tell you how great the ZRXOA is you've already seen how we roll here

Very pretty bike and I'm sure it will offer all your needs in having a new toy to play with.

When you get time post up some pictures of your other bikes... most of us here love all kinds of bike we're ALL just madly In Love With The ZRX..

ENJOY and Be Safe

Wayne

Licensed to Mod

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Evans Ward View Post
    Congrats Nathan! The ZRX is a great bike and youíll love it. Looking forward to seeing it and you at the Gap in early May!
    Hey Evans! Yes, Iíll be there, you know it! Are you showing up Sunday? Whatcha bringing with you?

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by 05ZRX12 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, and to ownership of a very fine example of the ZRX. Look forward to an opportunity to ride with you sometime. As for tires, I have Pirelli Angel GT's on my ZRX and I would recommend them to you. Enjoy your new bike.
    Lookin forward to meeting you as well man, shoot me a DM!

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA-ZRX View Post
    Welcome Aboard Nathan

No need to tell you how great the ZRXOA is you've already seen how we roll here

Very pretty bike and I'm sure it will offer all your needs in having a new toy to play with.

When you get time post up some pictures of your other bikes... most of us here love all kinds of bike we're ALL just madly In Love With The ZRX..

ENJOY and Be Safe

Wayne
    Hey Wayne,
    Yeah, this ZRX has all kinds of possibilities, itís got me borderline obsessed!

Hereís some of my other bikes.

1974 XS650

1973 F11

1974 RD350

I have an RD400 project but the ZRX has stolen the attention from that, might have to sell it to fund the ZRX!

BadAss Hooligan

Welcome to the madness. Dan is good people we have done some dealing and a great guy. Check out the BOTM on Featured ZRX and voting will start soon. Not sure I can hold a candle to the green bike that was nominated but I love them all as I only have 5 or 4 soon when my son graduates as he gets an 05 I promised him. Ride safe and have fun. If you ever need advise Dan is a good one or message me I know a little but most likely I can point you in the right direction as some know way more than I do.

Licensed to Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rex II View Post
    Welcome to the madness. Dan is good people we have done some dealing and a great guy. Check out the BOTM on Featured ZRX and voting will start soon. Not sure I can hold a candle to the green bike that was nominated but I love them all as I only have 5 or 4 soon when my son graduates as he gets an 05 I promised him. Ride safe and have fun. If you ever need advise Dan is a good one or message me I know a little but most likely I can point you in the right direction as some know way more than I do.
    Much appreciated! Thereís a huge wealth of knowledge around here!
    Danís the real deal, Iím very lucky to have crossed paths with him.

President of the ZRXOA

Love the RD. Smoking is good for your mental health.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s