+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bush pig

BadAss Hooligan

Bush pig

Just picked this up for my Newfoundland trip. Fucking pumped. I have butterflies...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Satan's Donkey

Re: Bush pig

Woohoo!
    -Jake

Rape is no laughing matter.
    Unless you're raping a clown.

ZRXOA #2995

Originally posted by Ca Pete
    "A helmet may save your life, but if you are not wearing the rest of your gear, you may wish it hadn't."

Mainely here

Wicked awesome! I need to get up there myself before it's too late.

President of the ZRXOA

Congrats!
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

Newfoundland, eh ? Here's a short ride I took a few years ago........

Name:  Dildo, NL to Come By Chance, NL - Google Maps.png
Views: 158
Size:  159.4 KB

'Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Dr. Seuss

BadAss Hooligan

Nfld. Much jealous. Have an awesome ride. Group of us from work were gonna go last year and run the old railbed but it fell through.

Sent from my speak & spell.
    1999 green ZRX 1100

Satan's Donkey

Heheheh.......
    -Jake

Rape is no laughing matter.
    Unless you're raping a clown.

ZRXOA #2995

Originally posted by Ca Pete
    "A helmet may save your life, but if you are not wearing the rest of your gear, you may wish it hadn't."

BadAss Hooligan

Did the same trip 6 or so years ago, about 2,000kms 90% trails and dirt roads. That was on a KTM 530. I hope I love this bike as much as I think I will, I plan on tuning it into a small adv bike. Yes I could do the same to my Beta I suppose but this should be more comfortable on the back roads. Bike came with Ricor front and back suspension, a jetted stock carb, acerbis 20litre tank and skid plate, bar risers, protaber bars, Moose rack and other stuff. I bought a TM40 pumper carb, a corbin and a SC seat (see which I like better) and just ordered a Barrett exhaust from Australia. Roads around here just plain suck for the ZRX so I am looking forward to enjoying riding locally, just different shit.

Can't wait...
    Oldcow

Mainely here

Quote Originally Posted by oldcow View Post
    Did the same trip 6 or so years ago, about 2,000kms 90% trails and dirt roads. That was on a KTM 530. I hope I love this bike as much as I think I will, I plan on tuning it into a small adv bike. Yes I could do the same to my Beta I suppose but this should be more comfortable on the back roads. Bike came with Ricor front and back suspension, a jetted stock carb, acerbis 20litre tank and skid plate, bar risers, protaber bars, Moose rack and other stuff. I bought a TM40 pumper carb, a corbin and a SC seat (see which I like better) and just ordered a Barrett exhaust from Australia. Roads around here just plain suck for the ZRX so I am looking forward to enjoying riding locally, just different shit.

Can't wait...
    Oldcow
    As you know it will get you there and back with zero drama. I had one set up very similar and let it go. Better throttle with the pumper might mean a little drop in mileage. Mine would get around 50mpg just cruising.

I should never have gotten rid of mine even when I lost interest in riding it. Should have left it in the corner.

Now my dual sport is a KTM990 adv. It's my second Adventure and the 950 was a pain in my ass but very fun and capable machine when it wasn't broke down. I'm hoping my 2010 990 proves itself reliable in its first year with me. We'll see.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    As you know it will get you there and back with zero drama. I had one set up very similar and let it go. Better throttle with the pumper might mean a little drop in mileage. Mine would get around 50mpg just cruising.

I should never have gotten rid of mine even when I lost interest in riding it. Should have left it in the corner.

Now my dual sport is a KTM990 adv. It's my second Adventure and the 950 was a pain in my ass but very fun and capable machine when it wasn't broke down. I'm hoping my 2010 990 proves itself reliable in its first year with me. We'll see.
    I have been drooling over the new KTM1090 and the Africa Twin but at this point find them too big, monster bikes. Some day when I take a 2 month trip to Alaska maybe but for now I like this smaller bike where I am almost flat footed. I dont have the skills to ride the big bikes in ATV trails without dropping it and frankly dont think I want that much power in the woods. I rented a 950 in Montreal once for a couple days and loved it. Just for back roads it was awesome.

Oldcow

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm hungry. Let's get a taco.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcow View Post
    I rented a 950 in Montreal once for a couple days and loved it.

You ignored us .......again.

'Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Dr. Seuss