+ Reply to Thread
    Hooligan

Question for C14 connie owners

I have a 2017 C14 connie. I love this bike but hate the way dealers gouge you for service. I noticed that on each handlebar there is what looks like a mini zerk fitting with a cap on each one. I am assuming these are for lubing the cables.
    Does anyone have a special fitting to go these fittings and the correct lube ??? Thanks in advance for any awnsers.
    kindly
    green & mean

The Busa Cop

Re: Question for C14 connie owners

Wow now I think you need to close the tool box , and step away slowly . I had to think for a minute to picture what you were saying existed.
    Those would be Dot 4 brake fluid bleed ports for service . If you pump grease in there get ready for a big bill at the dealer .

It no longer matters how fast I once was .

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

Hooligan

Thanks so much !!! I needed the info.. This is the only bike that I have owned that has had such a thing on the handlebars.. Thanks again I never do anything without asking questions !! well I did put to heavy weight gear oil in my shaft drive but drained it without ever riding it. Many thanks my friend.
    kindly
    green&mean

a gentleman and a real stand up guy

Quote Originally Posted by c10 View Post
    Wow now I think you need to close the tool box , and step away slowly . I had to think for a minute to picture what you were saying existed.
    Those would be Dot 4 brake fluid bleed ports for service . If you pump grease in there get ready for a big bill at the dealer .
    Yup. In some people's perfect world all hydraulic front brakes would bleed at the TOP of the system. And not at the bottom at the caliper.

I would like to 2nd Bryan's nomination for Weld The Tool Box Shut.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

Hey, at least he asked before opening the tool box!
    Don't be afraid to ask any questions green & mean, we all weren't born with a 10mm in our hand.
    Dan
    Turbo Division Member # 6

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

Hooligan

LOL !! I love you guys here, its all good. God knows I am far from perfect ! Hell just ask my wife. Never been much of a wrench but I did build a 11 second chevy once... bla bla !! I have had just shy of 100 motorcycles in my life time but always had close buds to keep me out of trouble. I love to ride, wrench, not so much. Good thing too.. Thanks again. Humor among friends is always cool even if it gets a bit cruel at times, but I am a big boy and ai can take it !!
    I love this forum and the folks which make it up !
    kindly
    green&mean

Hooligan

Yes, that "zerk" is to bleed from the fluid reservoir to the master cylinder.

I have found on my bike that if you let your bike sit for a couple of months then a small air pocket may form there,
    sympton is no pressure when squeezing the clutch lever. A quick burp and all is well again.

Hooligan

Pretty cool feature on a rather old school bike with no throttle by wire or other such things. I love the connie almost as much as I love the rex in my garage !! thanks for all the input. I love learning new stuff... have a lock on the tool box now !! LOL

BadAss Hooligan

By todays standards the C14 might seem old school but a short ten years ago it was probably the only sport-tourer with ram air, variable valve timing, tire pressure sensors, keyless fob, etc. Even today they are still one heck of a great bike.
    Dan
    Turbo Division Member # 6

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawboy View Post
    By todays standards the C14 might seem old school but a short ten years ago it was probably the only sport-tourer with ram air, variable valve timing, tire pressure sensors, keyless fob, etc. Even today they are still one heck of a great bike.
    Dan
    Come this feb 19th I will have had ny 2017 connie for one year. My good friend bought a BMW 1600 about the same time. His Hi Tech bike has been back to the dealer 4 different times for various times for problems, mostly due to all the tech stuff on the bike. Don't get me wrong I have rode the bike and it is sweet but I could not live with the problems and the head aches.
    Compared to his bike my Kaw is old school but I know what you mean.

Same guy has a Gold wing, lots of tech there too but less problems. For the money I am more than pleased with my connie. I keep hearing the rumor that the connie may be discontinued and that would be ashame as the bike just plain works. A little bit too much plastic for me but that is kind of a plus too when it comes to keeping heat off the rider.

Killer package all and all... I hear people complain about the lack of cruise control but for me its just not a problem as I am an old fart !! Thanks again for all the input here.
    green&mean