+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51
  1. #1
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Optima batteries

    My wife has a 2006 Honda Element. Her car needs a new battery. She currently has an Interstate battery in it. Long story made shorter, the Interstate battery isn't quite 3 yrs. old yet.

    Late last November, I took it in to a local Interstate battery dealer and they tested it. They said it had been "abused" and would not warranty it. They wouldn't even pro-rate it for me. So.....I will NEVER again buy an Interstate battery. My pick-up has one in it, and when it's time to replace it, it won't be another Interstate.

    I called NAPA and their premium battery is $152.84 out the door. They also sell Optima batteries. The one that will fit my wife's car is $253.00 + tax. She also told me that there is a $10-$20 mail-in rebate on their NAPA branded batteries.

    The gal I was speaking to on the phone told me that she had an Optima battery in her car at one time, and it didn't last any longer than a regular battery did. She advised not to spend the extra money on an Optima battery.

    I thanked her for her honesty. But.....I'd like to hear a bit more from those who have owned one and what they thought about it. Any and all experiences will be appreciated.

    The battery I do buy, will either be a premium battery or an Optima, if I hear enough good about one. I won't be buying just an economical battery in order to save a few bucks.
    Last edited by dano; 01-20-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  2. #2
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    oakland county michigan

    Re: Optima batteries

    My question is how do you abuse a battery in a Honda Element?? I would be on the phone to someone higher up the chain of command.

  3. #3
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shiny Side Up ^

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by compressor59 View Post
    .....I would be on the phone to someone higher up the chain of command.....
    Name:  PlusOne.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  38.9 KB
    Big Harry

    "As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

  4. #4
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by compressor59 View Post
    My question is how do you abuse a battery in a Honda Element?? I would be on the phone to someone higher up the chain of command.

    The "kid" that did the testing asked me how often the car was driven? I told him that we are both retired, so there are days when neither of our vehicles are driven. He then asked when my wife does drive, how long are they? I told him my wife does what women do, they make short trips here and there.

    He then went on to say that she wasn't allowing the car enough time to warm up when she starts it the first time of the day. He also said that she's making too many short distance trips, and not allowing the alternator enough time to keep the battery charged. He went on and on about how she wasn't driving properly.

    I got pretty tired of his BS pretty fast. I then told him to just pro-rate it and I would pay the difference. He asked the store manager and he said no deal.

    The "kid" also blamed the physical size of the battery as being too small, and that was another reason why it wouldn't hold a charge like a full-sized battery would.

    Anyways, I took the battery and I left. I just wasn't in the mood to battle it out. I'm getting older, and I suppose I'm getting more mellow as well.

    Here's a picture of her car. Does it look to be abused?

    Name:  Honda Element.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  710.8 KB
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  5. #5
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida....On the corner of "walk" and "Dont Walk"

    Re: Optima batteries

    If possible, to negate cost, see if the dealer has a "Blem" to fit your vehicle. I have an Interstate Battery company about 2 miles from my house. I buy Blems from them at a little more than a 1/4 of the cost of the same battery that isn't a Blem. Same battery, just has a slight blemish on the packaging etc that makes it harder for them to sell. At those prices I'm willing to put up with a little BS but hell, it's a battery. Any monkey can install one. If it doesn't last as long as it should I only paid a fraction of retail so I don't care much. I've bought tires for years that were blems and paid only maybe half of retail.

    I bet that battery is big enough to go through a store front window. JK
    ZRXOA #9877
    "IT'S NOT THE BIG THAT EAT THE SMALL..... IT'S THE FAST THAT EAT THE SLOW"
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver


    Past Kawi's: 76 KZ900, 78 KZ1000, 80 Z1 Classic

    Off Brands: 74 Honda XR75, 80 Yamaha YZ250, 84 Honda 1100 Magna,
    95 Suzuki RF900R, 88 Suzuki Katana 1100
    Wish List: 74 Yamaha DT400

  6. #6
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
    If possible, to negate cost, see if the dealer has a "Blem" to fit your vehicle. I have an Interstate Battery company about 2 miles from my house. I buy Blems from them at a little more than a 1/4 of the cost of the same battery that isn't a Blem. Same battery, just has a slight blemish on the packaging etc that makes it harder for them to sell. At those prices I'm willing to put up with a little BS but hell, it's a battery. Any monkey can install one. If it doesn't last as long as it should I only paid a fraction of retail so I don't care much. I've bought tires for years that were blems and paid only maybe half of retail.

    I bet that battery is big enough to go through a store front window. JK

    As we left the store, the manager was in the parking lot, helping a customer who was parked right next to my pick-up. I asked him if he was the manager?

    He said that he was, and I told him that I'd never buy another Interstate battery, and that his customer service was nothing short of BS. I looked at the guy he was helping and told him if he was smart, he'd look elsewhere for a battery.

    Never thought of inquiring about a blem. I won't go back to the dealer. I'm done with Interstate!!
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  7. #7
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shiny Side Up ^

    Re: Optima batteries

    Was that an actual Interstate Battery branded store?
    Big Harry

    "As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

  8. #8
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    oakland county michigan

    Re: Optima batteries

    He then went on to say that she wasn't allowing the car enough time to warm up when she starts it the first time of the day. He also said that she's making too many short distance trips, and not allowing the alternator enough time to keep the battery charged. He went on and on about how she wasn't driving properly.

    How the hell does this snot nosed kid know how long she let's the care warm up?
    Sorry but I would be a really big pain in that kids ass.

  9. #9
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Florida....On the corner of "walk" and "Dont Walk"

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    As we left the store, the manager was in the parking lot, helping a customer who was parked right next to my pick-up. I asked him if he was the manager?

    He said that he was, and I told him that I'd never buy another Interstate battery, and that his customer service was nothing short of BS. I looked at the guy he was helping and told him if he was smart, he'd look elsewhere for a battery.

    Never thought of inquiring about a blem. I won't go back to the dealer. I'm done with Interstate!!
    Lots of companies sell blems. Inquire within.
    ZRXOA #9877
    "IT'S NOT THE BIG THAT EAT THE SMALL..... IT'S THE FAST THAT EAT THE SLOW"
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver


    Past Kawi's: 76 KZ900, 78 KZ1000, 80 Z1 Classic

    Off Brands: 74 Honda XR75, 80 Yamaha YZ250, 84 Honda 1100 Magna,
    95 Suzuki RF900R, 88 Suzuki Katana 1100
    Wish List: 74 Yamaha DT400

  10. #10
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Harry View Post
    Was that an actual Interstate Battery branded store?


    Yes it was. It's been in our community for quite a few years. I wasn't expecting a new battery for nothing. I was well prepared to pay the portion of the pro-rated cost.

    When they denied me that, I was stunned. Who does that?
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  11. #11
    Father Joe
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Burpinham, Babalama

    Re: Optima batteries

    I buy "3 year" batteries at Advance Auto. (Used to buy Die Hard at Sears but....................) I engrave the date on the top of the battery. 3 years, or sooner (if it's May headed into full air conditioner season) I just replace it. I'm no longer trying to get 4, 5 years or more. Car/truck batteries are just too junky. Probably dumbed down to reduce their weight at the armed direction of the benevolent imperial federal guvmunt to reduce weight to save gas to........to.........to.........to SAVE THE POLAR BEARS.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

    The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

    Kwackifoofoo

  12. #12
    Weirdly Peculiar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Where am I?

    Re: Optima batteries

    To answer your question about Optima batteries, they were great years ago and I had 2 red tops in my old Bronco for over 12 years before the starting battery failed. I just put a battery in my Avalanche, asked my car repair guy about Optima's, he said they aren't any better than most any other battery since they moved production to Mexico (if I remember correctly). He actually sold me a Delco as he has the least amount of issues with them.

    Did your Element have the recommended size battery in it? Is there language in the warranty supporting the abused diagnostic? That kid and the outfit he worked for would not get another dime from me and a "less than favorable" review on yelp and Google.
    Last edited by BASpro; 01-20-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    2000 Green, 1109, Mikuni 38mm TMR-MJN's, Yosh pipe, ZX-11 cams, Pods, ZX-11 Ignitor, Kwick Kill, Tealdo Stick Coils, Wyn's Sprocket Cover, Ted's Battery Out, MonkeyPincher Rack

    2010 Concours 14 ABS Ball Coddler "The Velvet Missle", 151 HP, lots 'o mods

    "A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

    He who is right all the time is never always right.

  13. #13
    Weirdly Peculiar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Where am I?

    Re: Optima batteries

    "The "kid" also blamed the physical size of the battery as being too small, and that was another reason why it wouldn't hold a charge like a full-sized battery would."

    Was it the vehicle manufactures recommended size? Did the store sell you that size or the too small battery the kid was blaming for the failure? My guess is they sold you the recommended size.

    A call to the distributor may get something done.
    2000 Green, 1109, Mikuni 38mm TMR-MJN's, Yosh pipe, ZX-11 cams, Pods, ZX-11 Ignitor, Kwick Kill, Tealdo Stick Coils, Wyn's Sprocket Cover, Ted's Battery Out, MonkeyPincher Rack

    2010 Concours 14 ABS Ball Coddler "The Velvet Missle", 151 HP, lots 'o mods

    "A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

    He who is right all the time is never always right.

  14. #14
    Born In The USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Redding, CA.

    Re: Optima batteries

    I sold batteries for 27 years. I've never heard a line of crap like that.

    I will say this; modern batteries have a lot of plates in them. That's so they can put out a lot of amps for a short time. Cold Cranking Amps. Because there are a lot of plates, they have to make them thin.

    If they get hammered, they break easier than thicker plates you might find in a HD, deep cycle, or old battery from the "good old days" when they didn't have as much power. When I was selling them, the plates in the car batteries were just hung from the top of the case. HD and marine battery plates were also glued to the bottom, so they would not break off as easily.

    If you use the OEM hold down, slow down for speed bumps, don't drive through the pot holes, the battery should last. New batteries are just a little tender. The trade off is more power in a little case to fit modern little pretend cars.

    If the battery becomes discharged (left the lights on, etc), it should be charged slowly. Heavy charging causes heat that can warp the thin plates, such as jump starting. Wham! 60+ amps
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

    I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.



    2014 Ninja 1000

    2005 ZX10

    1981 GPz550

  15. #15
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by BASpro View Post
    "The "kid" also blamed the physical size of the battery as being too small, and that was another reason why it wouldn't hold a charge like a full-sized battery would."

    Was it the vehicle manufactures recommended size? Did the store sell you that size or the too small battery the kid was blaming for the failure? My guess is they sold you the recommended size.

    A call to the distributor may get something done.

    The battery in the Honda Element is like a lot of Japanese cars, smaller than your typical full size battery. I bought the Interstate battery from the same dealer I took it back to. It's physical dimensions were the same as the OEM battery was.

    When my wife and I returned the battery, the "kid" acted as if they'd had problems with this particular sized battery in the past. So I was assuming that all would go okay.

    Once in the back in the shop, he began to test it. He said that it was dead. Duh! That's why I was returning it. He checked the fluid cell levels and all were fine. It all began to go downhill from there.

    That's when he began saying that my wife wasn't driving correctly, and it (battery) hadn't been maintained. He and I got into a sort of a pissing match from there on. I told him that she doesn't drive any differently than any other driver on the road.

    I could see that he was going to try his best to deny me a new battery. I should have been more assertive that day, but I just wasn't in the mood. I thought if he asked the manager to go ahead and do a pro-rated return, I'd be in good shape. Manager said no!

    I might call corporate tomorrow and explain my experience to them. So many years ago, I'd be all over this. But, things change as one gets older and you have to examine your battles and determine if you really want to engage them.

    It's not the money! It's the principle of making things right. The battery was, and still is, in warranty. If corporate doesn't want to help in the matter, it's off to NAPA I go.

    I'm leaning towards their own branded premium battery, vs. the Optima at this point.
    Last edited by dano; 01-20-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  16. #16
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    I sold batteries for 27 years. I've never heard a line of crap like that.

    I will say this; modern batteries have a lot of plates in them. That's so they can put out a lot of amps for a short time. Cold Cranking Amps. Because there are a lot of plates, they have to make them thin.

    If they get hammered, they break easier than thicker plates you might find in a HD, deep cycle, or old battery from the "good old days" when they didn't have as much power. When I was selling them, the plates in the car batteries were just hung from the top of the case. HD and marine battery plates were also glued to the bottom, so they would not break off as easily.

    If you use the OEM hold down, slow down for speed bumps, don't drive through the pot holes, the battery should last. New batteries are just a little tender. The trade off is more power in a little case to fit modern little pretend cars.

    If the battery becomes discharged (left the lights on, etc), it should be charged slowly. Heavy charging causes heat that can warp the thin plat

    Understood! I only use a Battery Tender Plus on all of our batteries.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  17. #17
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lakewood, CO

    Re: Optima batteries




    I swap out my Interstate battery at Costco before the 2yr warranty is up, I tell them it lost it's charge


    They don't question it and give me a new battery, I have not had to buy a new battery for any of my 3 vehicles in years.

  18. #18
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post



    I swap out my Interstate battery at Costco before the 2yr warranty is up, I tell them it lost it's charge


    They don't question it and give me a new battery, I have not had to buy a new battery for any of my 3 vehicles in years.

    I wasn't even aware that Costco sold Interstate batteries.

    I did find this, but it's not the typical green / white battery. A more economical model perhaps?

    https://costco.interstatebatteries.c...257&Country=US
    Last edited by dano; 01-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  19. #19
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Lakewood, CO

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    I wasn't even aware that Costco sells Interstate batteries.
    Yep, I gotta thank you for this thread it reminded me that I got one in my Infiniti that I am going to bring in.

    Costco was also really good about honoring my tire milage and discounted me on my new set of Michelin's due to the Bridgestones only getting about 35,000mi out of a 50,000mi rated tire. What really helped out on that is the fact that I took my vehicles in every 5,000mi for rotations, having that record helped honor the discount. At the end of the day I paid under $400 for a set of Michelin on my Exploder, normally it would have pushed $800+.

  20. #20
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    Yep, I gotta thank you for this thread it reminded me that I got one in my Infiniti that I am going to bring in.

    Costco was also really good about honoring my tire milage and discounted me on my new set of Michelin's due to the Bridgestones only getting about 35,000mi out of a 50,000mi rated tire. What really helped out on that is the fact that I took my vehicles in every 5,000mi for rotations, having that record helped honor the discount. At the end of the day I paid under $400 for a set of Michelin on my Exploder, normally it would have pushed $800+.

    We do have a Costco membership, but it's getting close to expiring. My wife and I were discussing the pro's and con's of renewing it.

    My wife has always been happy with Costco's return policy. We have returned things and never a hassle. Food for thought!
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  21. #21
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shiny Side Up ^

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by dano View Post
    I wasn't even aware that Costco sold Interstate batteries.
    NTB (National Tire and Battery) does as well.
    Big Harry

    "As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

  22. #22
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    oakland county michigan

    Re: Optima batteries

    So this kid knows how your wife drives? Wow, I've never heard such a line of crap. I buy mine at Costco also. Excellent customer service.

  23. #23
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    I'm going to go ahead and call Interstate Corporate tomorrow, and run my experience past them. I'll see if they volunteer to do anything and make it right.

    If not, I'll go from there.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  24. #24
    TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

    Re: Optima batteries

    I found this battery. I have an Odyssey battery in my BMW m/c. It's going on 7 yrs. old the 27th of this month, and is still functioning fine. Longest lasting m/c battery I've ever had. Bar none!!

    This battery is $225.00 shipped free, and NO sales tax.

    https://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/pc925lmjt?pp=12

    Name:  battery.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  14.5 KB
    Last edited by dano; 01-20-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

    ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

    (Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)


  25. #25
    CarlM
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Central California

    Re: Optima batteries

    Only two or three companies actually make batteries. They spec them to the brand they build for. Exide and Johnson controls. Maybe one other. The same one built Interstate and Die Hard. I think they were Exide. of course there a China brands. Pick up the cheap battery. pick up the more expensive. Feel the weight?


    You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

  26. #26
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Maine

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    I buy "3 year" batteries at Advance Auto. (Used to buy Die Hard at Sears but....................) I engrave the date on the top of the battery. 3 years, or sooner (if it's May headed into full air conditioner season) I just replace it. I'm no longer trying to get 4, 5 years or more. Car/truck batteries are just too junky. Probably dumbed down to reduce their weight at the armed direction of the benevolent imperial federal guvmunt to reduce weight to save gas to........to.........to.........to SAVE THE POLAR BEARS.
    Anyone buying at Advanced Auto, order online for store pick up and save 25%. I just did this for my wife's Honda CRV. Same battery as the
    Element. Paid $119 instead of $159 I would have paid by paying in store.
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1999 Buell S3
    2008 Can Am Spyder (sold)
    2001 HD Road King (sold)
    2005 HD Ultra Classic (sold)
    2002 HD Heritage Softail Classic (sold)
    1995 HD Sportster 1200 (sold)
    1987 Kawasaki ZL1000 (sold)
    1983 Honda CB1100F (sold)
    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 (sold)
    1972 Kawasaki H2 750 (sold)
    1973 Kawasaki F7 175 (sold)

  27. #27
    Born In The USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Redding, CA.

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by green12 View Post
    Only two or three companies actually make batteries. They spec them to the brand they build for. Exide and Johnson controls. Maybe one other. The same one built Interstate and Die Hard. I think they were Exide. of course there a China brands. Pick up the cheap battery. pick up the more expensive. Feel the weight?
    NAPA doesn't manufacture anything.

    NAPA batteries were pretty good while I was there, and they were made by one of the two makers, and then the other while I was there.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

    I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.



    2014 Ninja 1000

    2005 ZX10

    1981 GPz550

  28. #28
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shiny Side Up ^

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    NAPA doesn't manufacture anything.

    NAPA batteries were pretty good while I was there, and they were made by one of the two makers, and then the other while I was there.
    My experience w/ NAPA batteries:

    I installed my ZRX NAPA battery 6 1/2 years ago. Never been on a charger and it's still going strong!

    Now having said that, it'll crap out tomorrow
    Big Harry

    "As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

  29. #29
    Two wheeled FREAK
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NY - Between thought and expression...

    Re: Optima batteries

    For a few years now I have been working from home almost 100% of the time. Most of my driving is NY -> DC and back 260 miles each way, every other weekend, to speend time with the girlfriend. So, the car sits. The original battery died a couple of years ago, so I replaced it (can't remember which but I asked Alan for a suggestion). Recently, this past fall, I bought a Battery Tender solar panel charger, and an OBDII to SAE connector. I lay the panel on the dash and plug it in... gives the battery a tickle. Will see if it helps extend the life of the battery at all... $80 or so on Amazon.

    PM me for great prices on Íhlins shocks and forks!
    ZRX-1200 - 2001 #2 - 45,500 miles and counting
    Highly opinionated and somewhat twisted, or so I've been told.

    http://www.orientexpress.com + http://www.hudsonvalleymotorcycles.com - places where I used to work...

  30. #30
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Christmas, FL

    Re: Optima batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy35 View Post
    Anyone buying at Advanced Auto, order online for store pick up and save 25%. I just did this for my wife's Honda CRV. Same battery as the
    Element. Paid $119 instead of $159 I would have paid by paying in store.
    That's what I do, they have offers all the time, order on phone then drive to store
    Get batteries for my truck at Advance, a little hassle on replacement, they have to test the old battery
    and charging, mostly a waiting game. Yes AAP parts are not the best, but their lifetime warranty is ridiculous,
    almost on everything is covered

    Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper




    "TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

    " WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE PRODUCT, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB