+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bike #3

BadAss Hooligan

Bike #3

Just snagged this little gem tonight for 700. Quite literally a barn find.

Bad stuff
    obviously it's needs some cosmetic things, and it's missing the key, but Ive sourced the expensive ECU and key combo from a dealer for 300 (found a dealer who's had that for 7 years and wants something back on it before he'll never sell it.)

The good

the actual fairings are intact. And the engine isn't locked.

So I hope I just manged to get a good deal like the 1k ducati 916 I pulled off last year and not a headache from hell.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2000 ZRX1100 - Mad Max black 1109 with full kerker exhaust with custom baffle, pod filters, ZX Cams, ZX11 ECU +2 advancer, and 6spd trans and CVK40's with a prototype jet kit. Ridden daily and rarely clean.
    1997 KDX 200 - Tons of blingy parts on a crap bike. Imagine a Roadkill dirtbike...

2006 XC90 V8 AWD - A bit of this, a bit of that and a whole ton of dog hair.
    1982 Porsche 928 - A serious PITA, but I can't get rid of it till it's working.

President of the ZRXOA

Re: Bike #3

What is it? I know itís a Kwai...
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

2009 Kawasaki Concours C14

2000 ZRX1100 - Mad Max black 1109 with full kerker exhaust with custom baffle, pod filters, ZX Cams, ZX11 ECU +2 advancer, and 6spd trans and CVK40's with a prototype jet kit. Ridden daily and rarely clean.
    1997 KDX 200 - Tons of blingy parts on a crap bike. Imagine a Roadkill dirtbike...

President of the ZRXOA

Congrats, your the wheeler dealer king!
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold4x4 View Post
    2009 Kawasaki Concours C14

mileage? ??

BadAss Hooligan

BadAss Hooligan

And I thought I found some deals
    May the dust of your carriage wheels blind the eyes of your foes.

BadAss Hooligan

Even a broke clock is right twice a day....

I figure the is the karma repayment for saving the 928 euro and not setting my zrx on fire when it broke at the dragons tail... Worst case scenario I'll use this motor in my zrx following your way...

Father Joe

It appears it took IceCold a half case of Butt Light to do his due diligence, take some photos and then swing from the barn rafters while shouting "I'LL TAKE IT."
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

I feel slightly bad for the seller but there's alot of work to be done. And I'm assuming that the frame is still good. I can part out and not lose money worst case.

He's been trying to sell since March.

BadAss Hooligan

Even a broke clock is right twice a day....

I figure the is the karma repayment for saving the 928 euro and not setting my zrx on fire when it broke at the dragons tail... Worst case scenario I'll use this motor in my zrx following your way...

You could have the first shaft drive version . As far as feeling bad, it is a free enterprise system. Unless you were holding a gun to the sellers head or had compromising photos it was their choice.
    May the dust of your carriage wheels blind the eyes of your foes.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by hr31hr View Post
    You could have the first shaft drive version . As far as feeling bad, it is a free enterprise system. Unless you were holding a gun to the sellers head or had compromising photos it was their choice.
    Gave me the lost my job sob story but his loss is my gain, he gets money for children's Xmas but maybe not as much as he wanted.

BadAss Hooligan

Nice find!! A little TLC and that will be a nice bike

c10's best friend

Clean it up and post some good pics. Needs a few things, but has a few add-ons already.
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

BadAss Hooligan

It'll be after Xmas before stuff gets done but it's safe for now

BadAss Hooligan

Ok so I guess I can't leave well enough alone. Went down there gave her a quick bath to knock off the dust and popped a few peices back on. And went ahead and got the new ECU and key fobs on the way. Now i'm going to need a new set of locks, and a foot peg and some tires but I think I've got a couple of spares from the zrx that'll work until I make sure it's not damaged in some way thst makes it useless.

Hooligan

He should be happy you gave him 700. That's quite a project.
    ZRXOA #008987
    ZRXOA #027289

Never ride dirty

BadAss Hooligan

BadAss Hooligan

So everything is on order, and hopefully it will all be functional in about 2 weeks as soon as I find a dealer who is confident in programming the kipass system

TMZ of the ZRXOA
    Depends on who wants to know.........and why.

A real shame the way some bikes get treated.
    Speed kills..........but only the dumb and the inexperienced!

ZRXOA Exalted Supreme Benevolent Grand Master Member #4875

(Same as a friggin Pope) or (Gawd as it gets)

BadAss Hooligan

So everything is on order, and hopefully it will all be functional in about 2 weeks as soon as I find a dealer who is confident in programming the kipass system

Did you get order the second key, the emergency one, and the transponder it goes into?

The Fob is nice, but there is a second key/chip that is short money that you may want to buy for a rainy day.

The one you touch to the back of the area where the key is to unlock the key...

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Neggy View Post
    Did you get order the second key, the emergency one, and the transponder it goes into?

The Fob is nice, but there is a second key/chip that is short money that you may want to buy for a rainy day.

The one you touch to the back of the area where the key is to unlock the key...
    Not yet but it'll be a good investment once it runs

BadAss Hooligan

"Gifts and Gadgets" in Bessemer can make, cut and program keys for just about anything on wheels... you may want to contact first and their prices are outstanding.

Good Luck!

Wayne

BadAss Hooligan

looks promising.

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100