+ Reply to Thread
    Stuffed Up

KE100 - Should I?

Buddy has offered me a KE100 for $300. Said it started (painfully) about 12 months ago and then put into the back of the shed.

Apparently fairly complete. For that little money I 'd be silly not to right????

2002 Streetfighter - K&N Pods, Jet Kit (unsure which), ZZR1200 Cams, No Flos, Black Widow Headers, Custom Shorty Exhaust, +4 ELS Advancer, -1+3 Gearing, Streetfighter Front End, Custom Paint, Steel Rear, De-ribbed Clutch and pulsar covers, Gauges sunk into tank

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, Ivan's Block off plates, FP Jetting (35/130, 2.5 turns out, 3rd click down 1 washer on top), Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer

Stuffed Up

Re: KE100 - Should I?

Name:  46522767_935552240166944_7877865972516782080_n.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  173.9 KB

2002 Streetfighter - K&N Pods, Jet Kit (unsure which), ZZR1200 Cams, No Flos, Black Widow Headers, Custom Shorty Exhaust, +4 ELS Advancer, -1+3 Gearing, Streetfighter Front End, Custom Paint, Steel Rear, De-ribbed Clutch and pulsar covers, Gauges sunk into tank

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, Ivan's Block off plates, FP Jetting (35/130, 2.5 turns out, 3rd click down 1 washer on top), Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer

BadAss Hooligan

Looks a bit rough for $300. Does it have a title, or is that not required down under? Still very cool though and looks to be about 95% complete. For that kind of money, why the heck not, right?

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by the-atc-kid View Post
    Looks pretty darned rough for $300. Does it have a title, or is that not required down under?
    No such thing as titles here, just needs to have a legible compliance plate.

Stuffed Up

Oh also that's $300AUD so only $220USD

Smokey 'ash
    Arashphalt

I believe there are laws requiring you to just hand over the money and take it once offered such a low price
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    I believe there are laws requiring you to just hand over the money and take it once offered such a low price
    I wasnt aware of those laws, but better to be safe than sorry I guess!

Hooligan

I would be on it likes ducks on a june bug

a gentleman and a real stand up guy

Stink on shit. Stink on shit. You need to be on that purchase like.......yup....stink on shit.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

If itís been maintained, I would jump on that!

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100
    Member # 9904

SkunkWorks

...always wanted to Titanium a KE100 or a XR/XL100

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

My first Kawasaki was a 76 KE125 and loved it. Went from that to a KZ650 and had a hard time riding the 125 with such a change in power. Had 25,000 miles on the 125 before I sold it and kind of wish I still had it. If you have off road area to ride it then why not buy it.

Just Some Random Guy

Some of the most expensive motorcycles I have owned were "free". That one looks to be about $220 more expensive than my free ones.

My wife told me that if I bring home one more non-running chainsaw, mower, leaf blower, string trimmer, or motorcycle, she is gonna divorce me. I'm gonna miss her.

(so yeah, I'd be sneeking home a KE100 one day while she was out shopping)

An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    Apparently, the term "hooligan" means something completely different on this forum than what I'm used to. Apparently it's synonymous with "compliant fluffball".
    Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    I hate these kind of threads. Half the time it's due to some other stupid shit they've done to their bike that they thought was too insignificant to mention until page 8.

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyJohn View Post
    Some of the most expensive motorcycles I have owned were "free". That one looks to be about $220 more expensive than my free ones.

My wife told me that if I bring home one more non-running chainsaw, mower, leaf blower, string trimmer, or motorcycle, she is gonna divorce me. I'm gonna miss her.

(so yeah, I'd be sneeking home a KE100 one day while she was out shopping)

Well allegedly HJ it runs, but your point is taken. I'll have a good look at it before committing.

I've bought a few bike offhandedly only to find that the one or 2 parts that are missing are the parts that cost 2-3 times what I paid for the whole bike (if'n you can find them).

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    ...always wanted to Titanium a KE100 or a XR/XL100
    You Sir, have a serious problem.

Keep up the good work!

Musical Break

grab it ,the cattle bars and chain protector is marvelous.never in my life have I seen fabrications like those.very cool .I remember KE100 new was street legal

ZRXOA#9350

April 2016 BOTM

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    grab it ,the cattle bars and chain protector is marvelous.never in my life have I seen fabrications like those.very cool .I remember KE100 new was street legal
    Yup, this one is street legal here - although I probably wont be putting it on the street as I am paying 3 rego's already. Add up quickly.

SkunkWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    You Sir, have a serious problem.

Keep up the good work!

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

All I Want To Do Is A Zoom - Zoom

i love those bikes
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself

SkunkWorks

A lot more better than a Z125, and you just might be able to find a Hooker expansion chamber...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOOKER-PERF...qljq:rk:2:pf:0

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    A lot more better than a Z125, and you just might be able to find a Hooker expansion chamber...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOOKER-PERF...qljq:rk:2:pf:0
    You mean the Green Groms????

I've also been told a rotary valve mod is of big benefit to them as well as decent expansion chambers.