+ Reply to Thread
    New, but just to this Board

Long time lurker, one step closer to being an owner... some questions.

Looking for advice.

Been in love with the Rex since it came out. My first big bike was an SV1000 which I loved and rode a long time. It had helibars, lowered pegs, and tuned the suspension for my weight, among a few other go-fast mods. Loved the bike. I originally wanted a ZRX but couldn't find one. Still I loved that bike and put tons of miles on it until I had a huge (bicycle) crash as severed my patellar tendon.

Long story short. I let go of the SV and the wife was happier. After a long time, I am back in shape and searching.

Now I am on the edge of buying a ZRX1100R. It has low miles but has been sitting a while and needs a carb tune to run well, so says the current owner, he is not local. It is cosmetically very clean. The valves have been adjusted. It has a full kerker with a jet kit on it.

Questions
    A ZRX1100R with a Kerker full system and appropriate jet kit should be pushing about how much hp and torque?
    Is there any detriment to getting the 1100 over the 1200 aside from the bigger and smoother motor? Will both motors spin for a long time with good maintenance?

The guy seems legit, the price is right. The mileage is right. Just considering the cost of a full carb tune, if I don't do it myself.

So the questions asked.
    1100: Kerker and jetted: how much weight dropped, how much hp and torque picked up?
    1100 vs 1200: both as reliable as the other?
    Carb tune cost from a mechanic.

Thanks and hope to be joining the ownership ranks soon.
    jsganze@yahoo.com

President of the ZRXOA

Re: Long time lurker, one step closer to being an owner... some questions.

1100’s are great. Some say they handle better than the 1200. Reliability wise, they are both on equal footing.

$210 to KWICK and your carbs will be good as new.

http://www.kwickstand.net/Hyper-Form..._Cleaning.html

Just remove the carbs, drain the fuel, and ship them to him.

Once he sends them back, you’ll have to install them and have them synchronized.

I don’t have any numbers for a jetted and piped 1100 but it’ll go like a bat outta hell compared to the stock setup.

Welcome aboard!
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

1100’s are great. Some say they handle better than the 1200. Reliability wise, they are both on equal footing.

$210 to KWICK and your carbs will be good as new.

http://www.kwickstand.net/Hyper-Form..._Cleaning.html

Just remove the carbs, drain the fuel, and ship them to him.

Once he sends them back, you’ll have to install them and have them synchronized.

I don’t have any numbers for a jetted and piped 1100 but it’ll go like a bat outta hell compared to the stock setup.

Welcome aboard!
    Name:  PlusOne.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  38.9 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

I love my 1100.
    What Arash said

Name:  2018-07-09 12.40.34-1.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  276.3 KB
    Member # 10024 - 99 ZRX1100
    Les Coqs Sauvages - We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us...
    "A little extra is never enough…too much is just right..." - KWICK

Super Moderator
    Hooligan Paramedic &
    Master Biscuit Maker

1100,1200, whatever it takes

+1 on Kwicks carb repair and cleaning. He will get them fixed up and give you advice on some other things to consider on a bike that has been sitting for a while.

What's he asking for it?
    Make a fast friend. Adopt a retired racing Greyhound

www.greyhoundpets.org
    Or PM me for details

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by ganze View Post
    Questions
    Is there any detriment to getting the 1100 over the 1200 aside from the bigger and smoother motor? Will both motors spin for a long time with good maintenance?
    Download the FREE Service Manual >>> http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...30#post4695130

My '01 1200 has 70,000 miles and purring like a kitten. Another member on here just turned over 160,000 miles.
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Weirdly Peculiar

My 1100 with Kerker pipe (street baffle) and Ivan's jet kit spun out 103 HP on a Dynojet dyno in Wisconsin at 900' elevation. Stock is 92 HP.
    2000 Green, 1109, Mikuni 38mm TMR-MJN's, Yosh pipe, ZX-11 cams, Pods, ZX-11 Ignitor, Kwick Kill, Tealdo Stick Coils, Wyn's Sprocket Cover, Ted's Battery Out, MonkeyPincher Rack

2010 Concours 14 ABS Ball Coddler "The Velvet Missle", 151 HP, lots 'o mods

"A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

He who is right all the time is never always right.

All I Want To Do Is A Zoom - Zoom

i sold my 1100 to a friend of mine and it had 93000 miles on it when i did. i was confident that it would cross 100K without issue because it ran great for the 87K miles i rode it (i bought it with 6200 miles). currently i own 2 1200s. the biggest difference that i can feel is the gearing is longer. i used to think there was another gear to move up to regularly with my 1100. as a matter of fact, i am often pleasantly surprised that there is another gear available with the 1200s.

bottom line is the zrx is a very reliable bike
    There's nothing to fear but fear itself