+ Reply to Thread
    SUPER COMMANDO

2000 Husqvarna SM610S transmission issues

I know I missed this sale . But I'm still curious about any issues that any of you guys know about with the Husqvarna transmissions . Are these bikes turds ? It had about 2,300 miles on it and was extremely clean . Re: CL 2000 Husqvarna SM610S Great condition. Low miles. - $2000

Any ideas or common issues ? " Looking to sell it as is. I had someone come look at it a few nights ago and we got it to fire right up and the motor sounded awesome, it was idling perfect and running great but it won't shift above 2nd gear. It's just like it's hitting a wall. If you wiggle the shifter it'll go into 3rd but not sure if a spring broke off inside the clutch or what happened!? "
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

Re: 2000 Husqvarna SM610S transmission issues

I know this wont help But one of the older members Jimmy C had a Husqvarna , Dont know the year or model ( had to have been 2008-2010 ) but it didnt last very long before an engine problem took it out , I bet Ca Pete knows , Anyway he had it apart for a long time and sold it in pieces .
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

BadAss Hooligan

Re: 2000 Husqvarna SM610S transmission issues

Quote Originally Posted by No prescription needed View Post
    I know I missed this sale . But I'm still curious about any issues that any of you guys know about with the Husqvarna transmissions . Are these bikes turds ? It had about 2,300 miles on it and was extremely clean . Re: CL 2000 Husqvarna SM610S Great condition. Low miles. - $2000

Any ideas or common issues ? " Looking to sell it as is. I had someone come look at it a few nights ago and we got it to fire right up and the motor sounded awesome, it was idling perfect and running great but it won't shift above 2nd gear. It's just like it's hitting a wall. If you wiggle the shifter it'll go into 3rd but not sure if a spring broke off inside the clutch or what happened!? "
    I personally did not have any issues with the tranny in my 2001 610. I would not go as far as to call the bike a "turd", but it is a heavy motard. Probably like any other bike, depends on how the PO treated it.

I also had a 2007 510SMR which was way lighter, and had a much snappier powerband. I would guess it weighed 40lbs less than the 610. The biggest trick with these is getting the carb/accelerator pump working correctly so that they don't flame out when taking off from a stop. Never got mine completely figured out. But once underway, it was just like riding a big 'ol dirtbike on the street!