+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

Spending money on the Husky 701

#1 son got my credit card and ordered a set of Warp 9 wheels and tires for his 701! Going with some Michilen Pilot Sports mounted so should increase fun level on the street. The knobbies are kinda jickey at 55 + mph. Going with stock gearing till figures tooth count and see how it runs.
    Last edited by RLoving1; 09-07-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    No I'm not perverted but my idea of good time does involve my dog and a jar of peanut butter....creamy!

aka The Streak

Re: Spending money on the Husky 701

If he's going 15-45 you better tell him to hang on! It's insane on my 690. Has to be absolutely nuts on a new 701! Probably not the best gearing for the highway. I'd tell him to get a 16t CS. Still a beast to try and keep the front end down.
    02 ZRX1200R

ZRXOA #8130

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Spending money on the Husky 701

He does pretty good with stock tires riding around town but stock knobs wear fast and ride rough! He wheelies the hell out of it just missing something in the handling department on asphalt. He runs away from me on it when I am riding the Z1000 but I whip his ass on the launch and top end! Mine comes alive about 8-9 grand and it lofts front end with speed! My legs are too short to ride the Husky till he changes to street setup!
    No I'm not perverted but my idea of good time does involve my dog and a jar of peanut butter....creamy!