https://www.ebay.com/itm/123321503025

CarlM

Re: Marine KLR

I didn't know they made them as late a 2009

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

BadAss Hooligan

The only thing that needs is a eagle globe and anchor.

BadAss Hooligan

This is in my home town

Doesn't run on gasoline but other fuels... what's up with that??

There would have been some special engine work done to run on diesel. Higher compression plus would need a spark system (glow plug) to get started. Then you'd have to wonder if the bottom end hold up???

I can't believe the bid is over $3,600... I wonder if who's bidding has noticed the fuel statements?

Wayne

Screwed

Wayne..........yes, they are diesels. Some outfit was doing the conversion, I seem to recall. I wonder how well it pulls a hill.......
    If you don't see many around, that usually means $$$$$$ to collectors.
    I've screwed over 13,233 ZRXOA members in the past.......who's next in line??
    See "Products Made by Members" Forum (SS Engine/Body Bolt Kit).....ROK Straps & now ROK Dog Leashes, SOXz Moto-socks, Jacket Caddys.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA-ZRX View Post
    .....Doesn't run on gasoline but other fuels... what's up with that??.....
    Single source fuel for all military vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_KLR650
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by mark 444 View Post
    Wayne..........yes, they are diesels. Some outfit was doing the conversion, I seem to recall. I wonder how well it pulls a hill.......
    If you don't see many around, that usually means $$$$$$ to collectors.
    Wouldn't you think if it was converted to diesel the compression would have to be raised? If so, I'd think the torque would increase... so you think Mark it would pull better than a gas engine?? Seems to me it would but I'm also think BIG truck diesel engines!

I didn't think of a collector... so the money makes sense

Been awhile... hope all is well

Wayne

President of the ZRXOA

Marine KLR

“The U.S. Military has KLR650s modified by Hayes Diversified Technologies to burn military-spec fuels including diesel. (M1030M1) All-new engines were designed to replace the 4-stroke gasoline engines.

The new engines employ the original unit-construction main cases and transmission, but with new piston, cylinder, and other components. The balancing system that is used in the gasoline KLR650 engines (to reduce engine vibration) was removed from the military diesel KLR engines.

Some components of the military diesel version can be applied to "civilian" KLR650 models, such as the nonspillable absorbed glass mat battery which offers several advantages over the conventional unsealed KLR batteries.”
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

On the KLR forums they'd been talking for years about being able to get one not clapped out. 66 miles on this one would seem like a deal, especially for a collector. Not many around. I'm surprised Barber's not jumping on one. Especially since it's in the same county. Maybe he is, though.

Hooligan

The engine covers say "HDT-USA Diesel"

Fenders are marked TP-18.

Very cool bike, should have been at Barret Jackson auction

Current bid $4050

President of the ZRXOA

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by green12 View Post
    I didn't know they made them as late a 2009
    That’s the year of the conversion or re-manufacture.

CarlM

Perfect price.

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

Screwed

I think one Bidder is trying score both of them...........he must think they are worth something??
    See "Products Made by Members" Forum (SS Engine/Body Bolt Kit).....ROK Straps & now ROK Dog Leashes, SOXz Moto-socks, Jacket Caddys.

King of Kazmania

Whadaya gonna do with 'em when ya win, Mark?

" 'tis far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
    - Someone

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on,
    or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    - Someone else

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, DO WHAT YOU SAY

SUPER COMMANDO

I read about these diesels a while back . I even asked my son when he was stationed in Oklahoma , if the Army had a grave yard of them . Can you imagine the looks at a traffic light when riding this smoker . Hell it'll run off of vegetable oil how cool is that . Throw a turbo at it and there ya go Mo power . I had friend that owned a old BMW motorcycle . I teased her about converting it to a diesel And lowering the idle down to a few hundred rpms so it would sound like a John Deere tractor .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

Hooligan

Wonder why the odometer shows 66 and the tripodometer shows 446.3

Screwed

Quote Originally Posted by kazman View Post

Whadaya gonna do with 'em when ya win, Mark?
    DoomsDay Prepping, Kaz...........yeah baby!!!

BadAss Hooligan

Sold for $7600. Mark, I'll sell you your old KLR back for a lot less than that. I just bought a DR 650.

Screwed

Quote Originally Posted by bomose View Post
    Sold for $7600. Mark, I'll sell you your old KLR back for a lot less than that. I just bought a DR 650.
    David........just get some of Barb's lipstick and scribble "Diesel" across your KLR Tank.......then stick it on Fleabay??