+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

Russel All Day seat

Who has one? Does it sit higher than a stock seat? The reason I am asking is the Lamm seat I have isnít going to cut it on long rides. At around the 400 mile point my ass cheeks are complaining. I picked up a used Saddlemaster Explorer and the seating height is lower but I havenít put a lot of miles on it yet. The Lamm is for sale if anyone is interested

The Busa Cop

Re: Russel All Day seat

I have one on my Hayabusa . 13 plus hours in saddle , and ZERO issue . Get leather not vinyl its a $100 upgrade , but well worth it as it prevents Monkey butt . Vinyl does not breathe were leather does . Get ready to wait in line as you picked the worst time to consider ordering one . Their current start date last I heard was August 2018 , and its about two weeks from your build date before its done/ready . Then Shipping time about 5 days .
    I ordered mine in Late March 2017 , sent my photos , and then a stock saddle/pan to them . My Build date was mid July 2017 , and my seat arrived 1st week of August .

It no longer matters how fast I once was .

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks for the first hand knowledge!!

The Busa Cop

If you want pictures of mine pm a # or e mail, and I'll send you some

Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

The other white meat.

I had one on my Harley dresser. It was a great seat.
    -Steve
    ZRXOA Member 6902
    '99 Green

Team Short Bus..........

BadAss Hooligan

Have a leather version on my ST1100 great seat, I also have a Rick Mayer seat for my ZRX Rick was one of the sons of the founder of the Russell Day Long seat, but from what I gather on the internet he is no longer in business and left several people high and dry
    2000 ZRX 1100
    2005 FJR 1300
    2014 KTM 250XC
    2008 KTM 250XC-F
    2010 Dodge RT Challenger
    2005 Ram Quad Cab
    1996 Chevy Pickup

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks for the pictures Brian. I put in my order form today for the dual with leather inserts in the rectangle shaped design. Spoke with Jay, nice guy. He said August but as they will have my seat next week to work with who knows, miracles do happen!!

Thanks to those who replied with the information

The Busa Cop

Jay helped me as well what is your inseam?

Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

BadAss Hooligan

The Busa Cop

you will be fine then . The support wings make getting feet down a little more of a challenge if your short like myself .

Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by c10 View Post
    you will be fine then . The support wings make getting feet down a little more of a challenge if your short like myself .
    Yeah. The ground reach isnít a concern as I can easily flat foot. I just donít want to be up in the wind. I have a Cee Bailey ultra tour so I can block the wind but it kills fuel mileage with that billboard up!! Itís like 4mpg difference with it up versus just a little up. With it down I can see neck soreness on a long ride. Itís all good I will figure out something for a compromise

President of the ZRXOA

I had no idea Cee Bailey made motorcycle windshields.

They made my airplane windshield that I installed 25 years ago.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

The Busa Cop

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    I had no idea Cee Bailey made motorcycle windshields.

They made my airplane windshield that I installed 25 years ago.
    They make some of the best! Really no little shields though. Mostly big bikes C14, fjr1300, wing, 1250 bandit, bmw's

Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

BadAss Hooligan

I have one on my Hayabusa . 13 plus hours in saddle , and ZERO issue . Get leather not vinyl its a $100 upgrade , but well worth it as it prevents Monkey butt . Vinyl does not breathe were leather does . Get ready to wait in line as you picked the worst time to consider ordering one . Their current start date last I heard was August 2018 , and its about two weeks from your build date before its done/ready . Then Shipping time about 5 days .
    I ordered mine in Late March 2017 , sent my photos , and then a stock saddle/pan to them . My Build date was mid July 2017 , and my seat arrived 1st week of August .
    can you display a pic..?

The Busa Cop

Name:  DSC_2760.JPG
Views: 368
Size:  2.92 MBName:  DSC_1088.JPG
Views: 374
Size:  3.32 MBName:  1511055849877.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  536.8 KBName:  DSC_2763.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  3.01 MB

Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

The Texas Tool

Have one on one of my Triumphs, do not care for it to be honest, does not fit me well, smash's my nuts into back of the tank............

The Busa Cop

Above poster bought bike with seat. It was not built for him.
    This is why Russell Day long wants pictures / measurements to taylor the seat to YOU

Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

BadAss Hooligan

Above poster bought bike with seat. It was not built for him.
    This is why Russell Day long wants pictures / measurements to taylor the seat to YOU

BadAss Hooligan

I was lucky as my Russell was on my ST when I got it and it fits like a dream, or I am just more careful than Jethro where
    I place my nads

I do know that the seat on Bryan's bike fits and looks fantastic on there, that is still the best looking Hayabusa I have ever seen
    2000 ZRX 1100
    2005 FJR 1300
    2014 KTM 250XC
    2008 KTM 250XC-F
    2010 Dodge RT Challenger
    2005 Ram Quad Cab
    1996 Chevy Pickup

BadAss Hooligan

Update to this thread. I got my RDL in September and took a day ride down to Tampa and back for a quick lunch with a close friend. A touch under 700 miles in the saddle and that seat is worth every penny!! No squirming, no adjusting just pure comfort!! They made me believers!!

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Brians ZRX View Post
    Update to this thread. I got my RDL in September and took a day ride down to Tampa and back for a quick lunch with a close friend. A touch under 700 miles in the saddle and that seat is worth every penny!! No squirming, no adjusting just pure comfort!! They made me believers!!
    Do you have some pics you can post?

Thanks,
    rxn-texan #4980
    1970 Honda CT90
    1983 Honda V45 Magna - Left on the left coast
    1982 Honda FT500 Really Red
    1983 Suzuki GR650 Rat Rod Rust
    2000 ZRX1100 Beautiful Black
    2005 ZRX1200 Gorgeous Green

BadAss Hooligan

The shine is the leather conditioner I put on earlier today. This is their dual offering, the solo is the same in the front and more smooth/rounded in the rear area

Name:  C2A35FBF-1BC8-4039-AE3A-AA9E76F6F859.jpeg
Views: 244
Size:  1.68 MB
    Name:  A81F8AFB-B588-40D2-8B32-93632919DC02.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  1.31 MB

BadAss Hooligan

That seat looks nice ,
    01 ZRX 1200 green
    00 ZRX 1100 black
    12 C14 connie red
    2003 KLX 400
    2004 CRF100
    2008 CRF100
    2016 300 Ninja
    2017 Z125 Pro
    " Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

" That which you manifest is before you " Enzo

ZRXOA# 8746

The Doctor Is In
    About 90 miles north of where I was before & 15 minutes from the Kingdom of Kazmania, FL

Bryan-
    Your arse gets sore on 400 miles? Crap, I can't make it a full tank of gas before I'm ready to off-load. You shoulda seen me & Dennis on our return ride from Daytona a month back. Both of us had to stop about every 45m to get some flow back. That was downright torture.

I just got my seat back from Spencer's Great Day To Ride. Yeah, not the price package you paid for & there's only so much that can be done w/an N1K's seat but I'm looking forward to breaking it in.
    Lee
    "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."
    Rorschach

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Spectreman View Post
    Bryan-
    Your arse gets sore on 400 miles? Crap, I can't make it a full tank of gas before I'm ready to off-load. You shoulda seen me & Dennis on our return ride from Daytona a month back. Both of us had to stop about every 45m to get some flow back. That was downright torture.

I just got my seat back from Spencer's Great Day To Ride. Yeah, not the price package you paid for & there's only so much that can be done w/an N1K's seat but I'm looking forward to breaking it in.
    Lee
    I just seen this Lee. With the Seth Lamm seat yeah about 400 miles was it then a lot of standing and flexing. The RDL cured that. I canít explain in words how comfortable it made the ride. The ZRX doesnít get many miles anymore even around town but the plus side to that is less miles racked up and it stays clean!

The Doctor Is In
    About 90 miles north of where I was before & 15 minutes from the Kingdom of Kazmania, FL

As luck would have it, someone on the N1K site offered up a Laam seat about a week after I got my seat back from Spencer's GDTR. I've heard lots of good about the Laam seats, even better about Russell Day Long Seat.

The Spencer mod worked well, altho because of the seat configuration, it'll never be a high mileage seat. Considering the N1K is billed as a sport-tourer, I almost have to wonder what Kawi was thinking when they designed the seat. Granted, I'm not riding as much as I use to in my younger days so my rear isn't as accustomed to longer distances as it once was, and as I approach that 60 mark, I really prefer comfort over sport at this point.

To add to that, my 15 yr. old daughter and I recently discussed her becoming a passenger. She's really excited about that possibility but it also means the N1K is going to have to go- a passenger bike it is not. Of course, I just finished modding the damn thing, really enjoy this bike and was convinced it was, more than likely, my last motorcycle.

So w/this new directive, I've been shopping late model Versys 1000's, FJR1300's and- hold your breath- a couple of Harley models. Not sure what direction I'm going to go yet; all I know is it's gotta be powerful enough for two, relatively comfortable and practical for two and have a backrest.
    Lee
    "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."
    Rorschach

BadAss Hooligan

There are two Concours for sale here in savannah. Check CL Savannah. All the mods done on both already