+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

Cheapest drunk I ever had

I'm 18 and putting in fencing in an open pasture on a 100+ degree day with 2 old cowboys. They both chewed and asked me if I wanted a dip. Heck ya I said and took a nice size pinch of Copenhagen.

I would have been happy to die that day.

They laughed their butts off.

Never again!

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Cheapest drunk I ever had

Cousin did that to me once, offered me a bit of what looked like a brownie...

BadAss Hooligan
    Melbourne, Florida....On the corner of "walk" and "Dont Walk"

I've been dipping Copenhagen since the 70s. Been swallowing the spit since then as well. Stuff don't phase me. My old training partner (6' 6" 260 lbs) asked me why I do it. Told him I was addicted. He asked to try it when we left the gym. 10 blocks down the road he pulls over at speed and slams on the brakes. Tells me I have to drive. He was F-ed up lol.
    ZRXOA #9877
    "IT'S NOT THE BIG THAT EAT THE SMALL..... IT'S THE FAST THAT EAT THE SLOW"
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

Past Kawi's: 76 KZ900, 78 KZ1000, 80 Z1 Classic

Off Brands: 74 Honda XR75, 80 Yamaha YZ250, 84 Honda 1100 Magna,
    95 Suzuki RF900R, 88 Suzuki Katana 1100
    Wish List: 74 Yamaha DT400

Father Joe

Har har har.

Had a friend in 1979 and we went to a college fraternity party. We were seniors in high school. I was a big Copenhagen dipper back then. My friend never did. He apparently got caught up in all the fun of the frat party. Beer. Chicks. Warm weather. We're standing out back and he says "I'm ready." I think he's ready to go home but it's early. "Ready? For what?" "I'm ready to try chew." Holy shit. I can't believe what I'm hearing. So I pull out my tin. Show him how to do it. 20 minutes later I can't find him. Search and search. Finally find him. He's sitting on the curb between two parallel parked cars. I say "Duuuuuuuudde.......what are you doing?" He gingerly looks up and says "when does the spinning stop?" I tell him "spit out the chew. Spit out the Cope." He looks up again "I already swallowed it."
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

BadAss Hooligan

I don't know how you guy's do it. 40 years ago on a desert exercise while in the USMC I tried it and turned about 3 shades of green. Never again.lol

In Charge of McGov Only

I dipped while in the Air Force, well until I got married.

Father Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I dipped while in the Air Force, well until I got married.
    Yup. Usually at some point ya get the "that (pointing to your mouth)........isn't going here (pointing to her...uh...um...uh...garden) with that STUFF in there." That pretty much brings the whole show to an end.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

Hooligan

I did it once. A little pinch between the cheek and gum. I liked it. I vape now. It's my one vice.
    Green 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200
    2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDB

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by SixDD View Post
    I did it once. A little pinch between the cheek and gum. I liked it. I vape now. It's my one vice.
    That vaping shit is really bad for you. Look up popcorn lung. You'll be sorry later.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by SixDD View Post
    I can go back in time to sometime in the early sixties when I was on a toolmaking apprenticeship. I was working on a lathe and an old, old Scotchman was on the lathe in front of me. At that time I was smoking everything, pipe, cigars and cigarettes. Every afternoon this old guy would pull a little bottle out of his pocket, shake something on the back of his hand, suck it into one nostril, wait a couple of minutes, and do the same thing to the other one. I asked him one day what it was, he said snuff and asked me if I wanted to try it. I said sure, and he handed me the bottle. I put a little on the back of my hand, set it up to my nose and inhaled. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It felt like somebody shoved a lit torch up my snot box. That was the first time I saw that old man laugh. All day, every time he looked at me, he was laughing. It was my last experience with that stuff.
    Davey

2009 Hooligan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
    I've been dipping Copenhagen since the 70s. Been swallowing the spit since then as well. Stuff don't phase me.
    I certainly hope that proves to be the case. Unfortunately, the stats don't support your statement actually being true......in the long run.

2009 Hooligan of the year

Both my great grandmothers dipped snuff. That was some seriously nasty stuff.

I used to be....

Both of our kids dip but never around us. We have had discussions about it and the long term impact. It's their environment, older one is studying machining and works in a machine shop, the younger is studying sports turf management, works with the Auburn baseball team, and will be interning at Fenway this summer.

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

Tried it ( dip ) once at about 15 at a friends house , Felt sickly and left , Got about a block away and spewed my guts out for 10mins .... Never touched the stuff again
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

BadAss Hooligan

I chewed on some Redman for a while. It was OK. Didn't like the fine cut stuff. That was after I quit smoking. Gave it all up before i got married. Left more cash for trap shooting and RC planes

Ken
    ZRXOA 7793
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Color Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kenh View Post
    I chewed on some Redman for a while. It was OK. Didn't like the fine cut stuff. That was after I quit smoking. Gave it all up before i got married. Left more cash for trap shooting and RC planes

Ken
    Me too, Redman and Beech-nut chew for one summer. I couldn't stomach the Cope/Skoal, spitting or otherwise.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!