+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hooligan

Re: Omaha Steaks no more

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rex II View Post
    Go to a Sam's Club and they have great fresh steaks for a decent price. Just forget Omaha Steaks and enjoy one you get to pick out in person. Unrelated subject but still steams me. State Farm Insurance after having home and auto with them for 30 years raised my rate by 25% for no good reason with no claims or tickets. Needless to say I am switching to another company that is 35% lower than the increase I would of seen. Big companies have no compassion for the little guy.
    I dumped those clowns after they lowballed me on my son's car claim which was totalled at midnight in the parking lot by a drunk.
    Your good-guy local agent which you have good rapport with will NOT be able to go to bat for you against their bean counters, just in case you have any delusions about what your agent will do for you.
    The 2...4...10 rule: always know what is 2 seconds, 4 seconds, and 10 seconds down the road.

'01 ZRX1200R ... '03 ZZR1200 ... '84 GPZ900 ... '83 KZ750 ... 7 Hondas ... 1 Yamaha

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    Written policy on their website https://www.omahasteaks.com/info/Shipping-Information

Shipping Accuracy
    Check your addresses carefully! Omaha Steaks reserves the right to make corrections and to limit refunds and replacements if an address error is made.

Our guarantee extends only to correctly addressed orders. Omaha Steaks shipments are perishable, and we cannot guarantee the condition of the package if the delivery service has to reroute the cooler. We guarantee delivery only to the provided address confirmed on the order acknowledgement.
    Open and shut case IMO. How can they be responsible for something YOU typed/wrote?

Color Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by PAULIBIKER View Post
    Open and shut case IMO. How can they be responsible for something YOU typed/wrote?
    They are not responsible, but that doesn't stop him from trying to deflect the blame on to someone else.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

I purchase my meat from a butcher who is a personal friend. He'll even deliver it if I ask as long as it's not delivered on a Honda ZRX.
    Not a fan of O.S. quality myself but I'm a steak quality snob that way.

Picked up 8 Angus Prime N.Y. Strips Sunday for $5.99 per pound.

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

President of the ZRXOA

Missed that the address was entered wrong.

UPS customer service can be a pain, and some of their drivers are shady, but you gotta have the address right to have a leg to stand on.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

The Doctor Is In
    About 90 miles north of where I was before & 15 minutes from the Kingdom of Kazmania, FL

Surprisingly and so far, social media complaints on bike & Stangsites, facebook and twitter hasn't availed anything yet in positive fashion from Omaha Steaks. They've still yet to explain to me why we weren't contacted for almost 4 days past the alleged delivery attempt.

As for you folks discussing the error in address, I admitted that error and have explained it repeatedly. The address clearly listed the administration building as the delivery spot. It's the lone building sitting in the middle of the woods in rural Arkansas. It's not Manhattan. A blind squirrel could've found this nut. Had the delivery person simply walked inside and inquired, this would've been a non-issue, but nope, apparently didn't happen, not that I've seen any proof of this yet anyway.

Either way, Omaha Steaks had 2 sets of contact information- phones and emails for both me and my son- and failed to use either on the alleged date of delivery. That's clearly on them and had they contacted us, we could've cleared this up immediately.
    "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."
    Rorschach

BadAss Hooligan
    Melbourne, Florida....On the corner of "walk" and "Dont Walk"

Quote Originally Posted by Kollector View Post
    I dumped those clowns after they lowballed me on my son's car claim which was totalled at midnight in the parking lot by a drunk.
    Your good-guy local agent which you have good rapport with will NOT be able to go to bat for you against their bean counters, just in case you have any delusions about what your agent will do for you.
    Insurance companies use a " loyalty index" to rate their customers. The more loyal you are, the less they will be loyal to you because they know you'll pay the extra yada yada. When my wife's Escalade was totaled after rear ended by a drunk driver (her shoulder was broken and my daughter's back was injured) State Farm tried to super low ball the pay out on the vehicle. I went back and forth with them for two weeks but finally called my good friend who has been with them for 25 years. He gave me the name of a super big wig in the company so when I called my agent back and dropped the name saying I was going to call him personally, suddenly I get results. F-em! After the pay out we dropped them. I'd been with State Farm for 30-40 years and that's how we were treated.
    ZRXOA #9877
    "IT'S NOT THE BIG THAT EAT THE SMALL..... IT'S THE FAST THAT EAT THE SLOW"
    2004 ZRX1200R-Silver

Past Kawi's: 76 KZ900, 78 KZ1000, 80 Z1 Classic

Off Brands: 74 Honda XR75, 80 Yamaha YZ250, 84 Honda 1100 Magna,
    95 Suzuki RF900R, 88 Suzuki Katana 1100
    Wish List: 74 Yamaha DT400

Wildcat Willy

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    I purchase my meat from a butcher who is a personal friend. He'll even deliver it if I ask as long as it's not delivered on a Honda ZRX.
    Not a fan of O.S. quality myself but I'm a steak quality snob that way.

Picked up 8 Angus Prime N.Y. Strips Sunday for $5.99 per pound.

SS
    You actually made a new friend cause you like his meat...in TN already?
    Bill
    (formerly LawnBoy)

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
    Insurance companies use a " loyalty index" to rate their customers. The more loyal you are, the less they will be loyal to you because they know you'll pay the extra yada yada. When my wife's Escalade was totaled after rear ended by a drunk driver (her shoulder was broken and my daughter's back was injured) State Farm tried to super low ball the pay out on the vehicle. I went back and forth with them for two weeks but finally called my good friend who has been with them for 25 years. He gave me the name of a super big wig in the company so when I called my agent back and dropped the name saying I was going to call him personally, suddenly I get results. F-em! After the pay out we dropped them. I'd been with State Farm for 30-40 years and that's how we were treated.
    LOL, that's who I switched to. What they fail to realize is that the loyal, law abiding, diligent customers are true cash cows. If I treated my clients like that I would be living in a cardboard box down by the river.
    The 2...4...10 rule: always know what is 2 seconds, 4 seconds, and 10 seconds down the road.

'01 ZRX1200R ... '03 ZZR1200 ... '84 GPZ900 ... '83 KZ750 ... 7 Hondas ... 1 Yamaha

c10's best friend

Quote Originally Posted by LawnBoy View Post
    He barks.......keep up Bill.
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

c10's best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Spectreman View Post
    Surprisingly and so far, social media complaints on bike & Stangsites, facebook and twitter hasn't availed anything yet in positive fashion from Omaha Steaks. They've still yet to explain to me why we weren't contacted for almost 4 days past the alleged delivery attempt.

As for you folks discussing the error in address, I admitted that error and have explained it repeatedly. The address clearly listed the administration building as the delivery spot. It's the lone building sitting in the middle of the woods in rural Arkansas. It's not Manhattan. A blind squirrel could've found this nut. Had the delivery person simply walked inside and inquired, this would've been a non-issue, but nope, apparently didn't happen, not that I've seen any proof of this yet anyway.

Either way, Omaha Steaks had 2 sets of contact information- phones and emails for both me and my son- and failed to use either on the alleged date of delivery. That's clearly on them and had they contacted us, we could've cleared this up immediately.
    If UPS didn't notify Omaha Steaks of an issue, how can they be held responsible?
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

BadAss Hooligan

Lee I see your point and agree!

I get the wrong address but like you said the building is one and only in the middle of a field. UPS has to give a sh_t just a little.

They see where the package is coming from and know damn well it's perishable and damn sure it's stamp all over the package... they just didn't give a sh_t!

If it had 2 phone number on the package they should have called.

My guess they pulled the address up on GPS saw it didn't exist and left it in their WH. I'd bet money the driver never made the effort to try and deliver the package... if he had he'd... like you said, he would have when into the only building there.

Sorry... Good luck!

Wayne

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    Written policy on their website https://www.omahasteaks.com/info/Shipping-Information

Shipping Accuracy
    Check your addresses carefully! Omaha Steaks reserves the right to make corrections and to limit refunds and replacements if an address error is made.

Our guarantee extends only to correctly addressed orders. Omaha Steaks shipments are perishable, and we cannot guarantee the condition of the package if the delivery service has to reroute the cooler. We guarantee delivery only to the provided address confirmed on the order acknowledgement.
    I think that sums it up pretty open and shut once you read the link info. Might try calling them again and plead your case and if they will not work with you then it may be a done deal that you are out the order and over and done. I would buy steaks you can go to packing house or Sam's Club is where we get our steaks that are almost always best quality you could ask for. Life is not always fair. Live and learn.

BadAss Hooligan

I would go directly to my credit card company and file a grievance/claim against the company, and that purchase.

When I do that, I always get my credit back.

I guess my CC company loves me.
    If you want something you never had,
    You have to do something you've never done.

Been down that road more than twice...

This thread is so full of fail.

Blame others for personal mistakes.
    Mail order meat. WTF?
    Perko jerking off his butcher.

Wildcat Willy

Quote Originally Posted by btl68 View Post

Mail order meat. WTF?
    Bill
    (formerly LawnBoy)

BadAss Hooligan

I was a waiter during my college years.

When a customer F'd up his order (not me), I'd do my ultimate best to make sure he got what he wanted, service with a smile. You know why? Because I was working for that tip at the end. Even if the cook messed it up, etc, I was working for that tip to "make it right."

Omaha Steaks is the cook, UPS is the waiter, and you're the customer that F'd up the order. The difference here is that UPS ain't bending over backwards because they ain't getting no tip. Such is life brother.
    "I had an awesome photo to add but the board won't let me post it." - AV80R

Hooligan

Nobody I know buys from Omaha Steaks.
    I don't know if they have an office in Omaha. But about 10 years ago
    when I was pulling flatbed I seen an office building in Snyder Ne
    with Omaha Steaks on the side of it.

GREEN is always the fastest

ZRXOA #3823

Quote Originally Posted by LawnBoy View Post
    No.

He was a friend YEARS before your were ..... he just likes ZRX's and cuts meat not nerves ... wait.

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Mail order meat. WTF?
    You sir will park at the road and walk up or be shotted at to watch you dance, ewe may shot back to no avail, Kel' will be at yer 6. .

SS
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Wildcat Willy

You sir will park at the road and walk up or be shotted at to watch you dance, ewe may shot back to no avail, Kel' will be at yer 6. .

SS

Mail order meat. WTF?
    At least you made it to the end of the driveway.
    Bill
    (formerly LawnBoy)

In Charge of McGov Only

Quote Originally Posted by Nebr_Rex View Post
    Nobody I know buys from Omaha Steaks.
    I don't know if they have an office in Omaha. But about 10 years ago
    when I was pulling flatbed I seen an office building in Snyder Ne
    with Omaha Steaks on the side of it.

That's funny, I lived in Omaha for 3 years when I was in the Air Force. Yes they had stores there, but Omaha Steaks was not the place to go for a great steak.

Been down that road more than twice...

SS
    You sir are assuming that I'm riding down there to visit you.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Kollector View Post
    I've never quite got the reason why people order beef from halfway across the country anyway.
    What, you can't get a good steak anywhere in town ?!?!
    HA !!
    You guy's get the good corn fed stuff. They feed them cardboard here to fatten em.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by eddy21 View Post
    You guy's get the good corn fed stuff. They feed them cardboard here to fatten em.
    Everything fattens with corn.. people in particular.

You don't really think they feed cows corn everyday, right??

6 weeks before they sell, maybe.

Color Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by eddy21 View Post
    Just about anything that you buy fresh in FL will still be considerably better than that overpriced crap meat that Omaha Steaks sells.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie View Post
    F-em is right! I'm loyal to no Ins Co. I check up on them every 3-4 years. After talking with my current new agent, they have so much info on us, that I suspect they know what I was paying. I just switched house and ins. on 2 vehicles and saved $550/yr. Told the G.F. and she saved $500 on the same situation. They low ball you to get you to switch, and as mentioned slowly raise it figuring you remain loyal. As far as the steaks go, being a ex service Mgr., I see 2 mistakes. The wrong address and a company rep that will only go by the book. A fair Co, would realize that's it would only take giving the customer what he wants costs $118 retail, which really costs them about $30 and would win back an already loyal customer. Its way cheaper to keep a good customer than to get new ones. I also believe steaks are much better fresh...

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Spectreman View Post
    Surprisingly and so far, social media complaints on bike & Stangsites, facebook and twitter hasn't availed anything yet in positive fashion from Omaha Steaks.

Good, you don’t deserve anything. If YOU entered the correct address, NONE of this would have happened! PERIOD, as simple as that.

So tired of the “sneaky wheel gets the grease” bullshit. Trying to get someone else to paid for your mistake is borderline stealing. I may have to give them a try, I like companies that hold their ground.

You’ve admitted your mistake, time to take responsibility for it. Move on and leave them only.

The Doctor Is In
    About 90 miles north of where I was before & 15 minutes from the Kingdom of Kazmania, FL

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mitch View Post
    If UPS didn't notify Omaha Steaks of an issue, how can they be held responsible?
    That's for Omaha Steaks and UPS to discuss. All I know is that Omaha Steaks was provided w/contact information- ph#'s and emails- for both my son and me, and neither of us was contacted about any issue for almost 4 days. That's inexcusable.
    "None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."
    Rorschach

The Doctor Is In

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2U View Post
    I would go directly to my credit card company and file a grievance/claim against the company, and that purchase.

When I do that, I always get my credit back.

I guess my CC company loves me.
    I purchased using paypal, which has a resolution process that takes some time. I'm awaiting that decision too. In the interim, I'm using all sorts of social media to alert others about the poor customer service at Omaha Steaks.
    Rorschach