+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    2009 Hooligan of the year

I would like my own forum, please.

I would like my own forum like KWICK has, where I can post stuff for discussion but have full moderating powers to delete responses that I don't like.

Do I have to donate a certain amount of funding, or buy ad space to allow me to have my own forum? If so, what is that amount?

Thanks.

beermonger

Re: I would like my own forum, please.

What's a henway?
    OBJECTS IN MIRROR
    NO LONGER MATTER

ZRXOA member #1964

Hooligan

One day it dawned on me that many forums are a great business opportunity to vend products related to that particular bike and some of these guys doing it have made a good living for themselves in the process.
    You may say "Brilliant observation, Captain Obvious", but nevertheless, it is an example of free markets in action, and we all benefit from it, especially those with REALLY old bikes in need of parts and advice.
    As of yet, I like my pristine stock ZRX, but sure have been tempted by some of the goodies available.
    The 2...4...10 rule: always know what is 2 seconds, 4 seconds, and 10 seconds down the road.

'01 ZRX1200R ... '03 ZZR1200 ... '84 GPZ900 ... '83 KZ750 ... 7 Hondas ... 1 Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Kollector View Post
    One day it dawned on me that many forums are a great business opportunity to vend products related to that particular bike and some of these guys doing it have made a good living for themselves in the process.
    You may say "Brilliant observation, Captain Obvious", but nevertheless, it is an example of free markets in action, and we all benefit from it, especially those with REALLY old bikes in need of parts and advice.
    As of yet, I like my pristine stock ZRX, but sure have been tempted by some of the goodies available.
    For sure!

Iím not looking to have my own forum for parts sales. I would like a forum like KWICK has where he post tips and thoughts on misc stuff. Itís not a sale thread, so board rules that pertain to sale threads donít apply. Meaning people can involve themselves in the discussion. I want my own forum like that, where I also have the power to delete peopleís posts as I wish.

King of Kazmania

KWICK'S forum is in the market place, so not only can he moderate you, so can others.

What you really want is your own Kingdom, it's good to be the King.

" 'tis far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
    - Someone

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on,
    or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    - Someone else

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, DO WHAT YOU SAY

BadAss Hooligan

"Deep Thoughts, by ZRX24"

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    For sure!

Iím not looking to have my own forum for parts sales. I would like a forum like KWICK has where he post tips and thoughts on misc stuff. Itís not a sale thread, so board rules that pertain to sale threads donít apply. Meaning people can involve themselves in the discussion. I want my own forum like that, where I also have the power to delete peopleís posts as I wish.
    Itís called Facebook.

Father Joe

Quote Originally Posted by kazman View Post

You looking for a loyal subject that has a purdy mouf?
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

Sooo now its too cold to ride the

Name:  waaaabulance .gif
Views: 395
Size:  42.3 KB

is coming out
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrŁckter Mann!

KWICK'S forum is in the market place, so not only can he moderate you, so can others.

Ahhh. Protected cover! Thatís brilliant!

Yes. I would like my own Kingdom, like KWICK has.

Quote Originally Posted by asfastas63 View Post
    Itís called Facebook.
    Facebook is where all the people go that KWICK runs off. He wonít be running me off.

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

Ah I get it now ,,, so he deleted ONE of your posts in his forum and now you want to disrupt the whole board because of it

I dont have anything against anyone on the board but come on , Is it that big of a deal that he has a little more leeway here then most , He has given us members 15yrs of good service and has done me some solids , I have done some biz with you too and am grateful , I believe your a good person and a valued member , Is it really worth it to things up .

Things have happened to me here that have not sat well but I just let it go and carry on , I dont often speak whats really on my mind but in this instant`s I felt compelled to .
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198

Speaking of Facebook, KWICK's kingdom even extends there as well. He's successfully gotten peoples' posts deleted on Facebook, through threats of damage to the livelihood of members of this board. So even without cover of "The Market Place" he can impose his will in other ways, even beyond the boundaries of this message board. It is good to be King!

I can promise that if I am granted my own Forum with moderating authority of that forum, I will not threaten the livelihood of others here on the board should someone on Facebook talk bad about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigrnzrx View Post
    Is it really worth it to things up .

Am I not allowed to play along?

http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...=1#post4793429
    Last edited by zrx24; 12-07-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigrnzrx View Post
    Ah I get it now ,,, so he deleted ONE of your posts in his forum...

It has been a trend. Let's just say today was that straw.

I'm a rules kind of guy. If we have rules, everyone plays by them.....good guys, bad guys, kings and queens. The rules of the market place are intended to help people selling items keep their sale threads clean. KWICK's forum where he posts basically General Banter is not a sale thread. It is a violation of board rules to delete people's posts willy nilly, just because the moderator might not agree with something said.

Should KWICK be cut some slack so he can play favorites in his own forum? Not if there are no rules posted stating that he has that authority. Nowhere is it stated that if you post in one of Pete's "General Banter" posts you run the risk of having your comments deleted. If he starts a sale thread (hard to tell sometimes with his manner of posting), there are rules to abide by. There is a different set of rules to abide by for "general banter" posts. Having your posts deleted just because isn't one of them.

Weirdly Peculiar

I deleted a few of your and Kwick's posts in my thread. I'm an equal opportunity deleter!

Seriously, I have a bit of an agenda for my thread which revolves around education, showing how work gets done, how stuff works, stuff that peeps might not see otherwise, etc.

I say do it! It's bound to be entertaining!
    2000 Green, 1109, Mikuni 38mm TMR-MJN's, Yosh pipe, ZX-11 cams, Pods, ZX-11 Ignitor, Kwick Kill, Tealdo Stick Coils, Wyn's Sprocket Cover, Ted's Battery Out, MonkeyPincher Rack

2010 Concours 14 ABS Ball Coddler "The Velvet Missle", 151 HP, lots 'o mods

"A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

He who is right all the time is never always right.

Quote Originally Posted by BASpro View Post
    I deleted a few of your and Kwick's posts in my thread. I'm an equal opportunity deleter!

Seriously, I have a bit of an agenda for my thread which revolves around education, showing how work gets done, how stuff works, stuff that peeps might not see otherwise, etc.

I say do it! It's bound to be entertaining!

Pete has an agenda too, to make Pete look good so that people will praise him. Unlike Pete, you will correct one of your posts if it is pointed out that something you have stated in an effort to try and educate others is incorrect or misrepresented in some manner. Your goal is truly to relay correct information. That is my goal as well, when it comes to that kind of thing.

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Like.

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

Weirdly Peculiar

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Pete has an agenda too, to make Pete look good so that people will praise him. Unlike Pete, you will correct one of your posts if it is pointed out that something you have stated in an effort to try and educate others is incorrect or misrepresented in some manner. Your goal is truly to relay correct information. That is my goal as well, when it comes to that kind of thing.
    2000 Green, 1109, Mikuni 38mm TMR-MJN's, Yosh pipe, ZX-11 cams, Pods, ZX-11 Ignitor, Kwick Kill, Tealdo Stick Coils, Wyn's Sprocket Cover, Ted's Battery Out, MonkeyPincher Rack

2010 Concours 14 ABS Ball Coddler "The Velvet Missle", 151 HP, lots 'o mods

"A man's got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

He who is right all the time is never always right.

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Sense it I do

Time it is

Name:  FullSizeR1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  75.1 KB

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

In Charge of McGov Only

Where would it go?

What if Perko wanted one too?

What if 5 others wanted one?

What if 30 others wanted one?

What if everyone wanted one?

Kwick has a Kwick Tips area in his for sale area because of his expertise, the amount of products he has designed for the ZRX, and the amount he has given back to this board and given to the members of this board.

This is all rhetorical, I have no interest in having a discussion about it, but you can have fun talking about it.

In the famous word of you know who, this will be my last post in this thread.

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

So your position now is to push things because you feel its unfair instead of just letting it go again , So what ? Now your going to start a campaign on a hate Kwick rally to shut him down put him out of business on this board Or fight with the Prez & Mods to FORCE them to hold a heavier hand over all of us then they do now

If you people dont like someone block him dont answer his post dont order his parts geeezzz

I didnt get all freaked out because others got to post in a for sale thread & I got in trouble for it
    I foresee your future
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    Where would it go?

What if Perko wanted one too?

What if 5 others wanted one?

What if 30 others wanted one?

What if everyone wanted one?

Kwick has a Kwick Tips area in his for sale area because of his expertise, the amount of products he has designed for the ZRX, and the amount he has given back to this board and given to the members of this board.

This is all rhetorical, I have no interest in having a discussion about it, but you can have fun talking about it.

In the famous word of you know who, this will be my last post in this thread.
    The Slipper Clutch thread was in my Products For Sale...because....I SELL SLIPPER CLUTCHES.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Thixotropic Hooligan

Two rights don't make a wrong.
    Do your own thing but don't touch mine.

Avatar is my only wheelie pic unless you are on board.

Member # 10

Hal #8 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ClayX View Post
    Two rights don't make a wrong.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    The Slipper Clutch thread was in my Products For Sale...because....I SELL SLIPPER CLUTCHES.
    And discussion of dog allergies is related how? That out of left field, off topic posted wasnít deleted. Whereas my answer to a question you asked ME that pertained to slipper clutches that in no way would have effected your sale of slipper clutches was deleted.

Now that I am aware of the purpose of your article post (as a promotion to you selling slipper clutches instead of an actual discussion on slipper clutches), Iíve added a post to your thread that might help clear that up.

King of Kazmania

Are you new here?

" 'tis far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
    - Someone

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on,
    or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    - Someone else

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, DO WHAT YOU SAY

Are you new here?

If you were one of the cool kids, you would have written that "Are ewe knew hear?"

Been down that road more than twice...

Another winter season at the ZRXOA has officially begun!

Quote Originally Posted by btl68 View Post
    Another winter season at the ZRXOA has officially begun!
    You may be onto something. The weather has FUCKING SUCKED this week!