+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Livn the Turbo ZRX life

Re: Who is going for the new Z900RS?

Thanks for the report Dan! Sounds like quite an improvement, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyone View Post
    Very Nice Bike.

Is Brocks offering this to the public yet?
    I see Brock now has his two z900rs ECU flashes available for sale: https://brocksperformance.com/search...ection=product
    Life's Short Have Fun!

In Charge of McGov Only

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDave View Post
    Phkin' awesome Dan! I really wanted one but just can't swing it.

It's the "fender holder" I think just needs a rattle can job...
    Yep, I had the same thing on my Yamaha XSR900.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawboy View Post
    Daddy Dave, this bike still might be too slow for you!!!
    Dan
    back in the day yeah, but w/the peg-leg soon it looks very inviting. Especially the lighter weight; w/a few mods it would be tits. oldkawboy's bike = splooge. Light weight w/some mods?

Oh man...
    "Enjoy the ride!"

BadAss Hooligan

Kind of off topic, but there is a Vlogger Matt his youtube channel is The Workshop. He just bought a Z900 and is going to do a long term review..... intends to keep it for life. He is an engineer and and advent motorcycle gear head.

BadAss Hooligan

Here's a couple shots of the pods I'm currently running/testing. Sprint filters in Italy made these for Brock & he installed them and mapped the bike to them, they're worth several hp up top. The filtering material is water resistant and where they're located I think they'll do fine when the weather turns bad. Just wish they could be seen like on the ZRX's.

Dan
    Turbo Division Member # 6

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

SUPER COMMANDO

Just got in from picking up my bike from Brock & all I can saw is WOW!!!!!
    I took a bout a 15 minute ride and am highly impressed with what he accomplished. The bike pulls very hard and clean from down low & all the way through, it "carburetes" absolutely perfect. He nailed the old school sound too.
    Of course the new style Rotobox carbon fiber wheels really quickens the steering and transitions.....amazing.
    Not only did he make and installed the black meg, rear lowering link, billet side stand, block off plates, etc., he reflashed the ecu & installed a Power Commander with a map for pump gas and a second map for VP MR12 controlled by a neat two way switch that work great with the Sprint pods.....yep, pods that hide up under the tank out of the weather but they are waterproof for the what if's!

He also offers stacks for the stock air box with a Sprint Hi-Flow filter & a reflash for the ecu for the folks that want to retain the stock setup without the Power Commander. The pods & PC offer several hp up top but for "normal" people the basic package is a great boost in power and better drivability.

Brock and his team are really something, anybody that is the fence can be rest assured their money will be wisely spent.

Now I gotta get busy with some cosmetic upgrades.

Dan
    Man that is one sweet looking ride there ! I just started looking back into this thread . Looks like your the leader of the pack . What are the gains that have been achieved from the Brocks modification's .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

RIP 4/11/19

Quote Originally Posted by No prescription needed View Post
    What are the gains that have been achieved from the Brocks modification's .
    We're not allowed to ask yet...
    ███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.

SUPER COMMANDO

[Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

SUPER COMMANDO

Here's another one !

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by jacohatt View Post
    We're not allowed to ask yet...
    Brock has taken his time to perfect each tune so hp numbers vary with what package the customer wants.
    The Stock to Brock kit will make 115+ and that is with the stock airbox & added stacks. Mine makes almost 124hp with the pods & mapping.
    Both setups kill the stock bike throught the rpm range, even the S2B package makes 40hp more compared to stock when it's power falls off, the reflash & pipe allow the bike to breath and it REALLY shows up top with a substantial boost down low.....best of both worlds.
    Plus the drivabilty is perfect!
    Dan

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

SUPER COMMANDO

So how long before you open up the engine cams and porting ?

BadAss Hooligan

I've got ideas & plans but I'm putting miles on this setup for information.
    The RS has about 1 point less compression & shorter duration cams than the z900 so I'll address those areas but not for a while. I've just began going thru another ZRX1200..... so many projects, so little time!
    Dan

WHY I STAND:

BadAss Hooligan

So from stock peak HP, Brock is making about 8HP more. Then with a 1k increase in RPM it is making an additional 1HP. Just doesn't seem to be all that much. Also why stress the motor for 1 HP.
    I wonder what other tuners have made in power increases?

BadAss Hooligan

Skandix, that 109hp number was very early on during development.
    A lot of tuning has improved the numbers as I stated above. I'm pretty sure the finished flash is nowhere near 1,000rpm higher, maybe half of that but anyone can call Brocks to make sure.
    Also, the stock z900 uses the same valve springs and I think it's redline is close to 1k higher than the RS so the engine shouldn't be stressed.
    BTW, I'd like also to see some other tuners data but haven't heard of anybody else.
    One other thing, it's not just peak to peak hp, there's dyno sheets available that show 40hp difference between where my stock pull fell off and the tune keeps pulling, that's huge gains that make a big difference.
    I'm looking for a stock one to run just so the difference can be seen.
    Dan
    Last edited by oldkawboy; 10-23-2018 at 01:47 PM.

WHY I STAND:

BadAss Hooligan

Skandix, that 109hp number was very early on during development.
    A lot of tuning has improved the numbers as I stated above. I'm pretty sure the finished flash is nowhere near 1,000rpm higher, maybe half of that but anyone can call Brocks to make sure.
    Also, the stock z900 uses the same valve springs and I think it's redline is close to 1k higher than the RS so the engine shouldn't be stressed.
    BTW, I'd like also to see some other tuners data but haven't heard of anybody else.
    One other thing, it's not just peak to peak hp, there's dyno sheets available that show 40hp difference between where my stock pull fell off and the tune keeps pulling, that's huge gains that make a big difference.
    I'm looking for a stock one to run just so the difference can be seen.
    Dan
    I wasn't aware of the 109Hp being early testing. My bad.
    Reporting 40HP gain from where it fell off from is just a biased interpretation of numbers. The precise increase of power is from where the peak stock Hp was on the x and y axis. At work presently. Will review Dyno sheets tonight.

BadAss Hooligan

You are so right but also remember how much faster you go when you can maintain peak or near peak power for a longer time.
    Dan

WHY I STAND:

Legal Eagle

[QUOTE=oldkawboy;4900302

Dan[/QUOTE]

https://www.z900rs.co.uk/index.php/topic,915.0.html

BadAss Hooligan

You are so right but also remember how much faster you go when you can maintain peak or near peak power for a longer time.
    Dan
    I concur with the above statement.
    From what i have read and seen the RS is making about 109 HP on 87 pump gas. I watched your bike on the dyno and that was not even broken in. For a fresh motor it did extremely well 101HP. After brake in 109HP would not be unheard of.
    Brock has tons of tricks he has created and or learned to get better numbers on a Dyno. Brocks not at fault here. He probably did a few things to get the numbers higher, race fuel, over inflated the tires, low oil and very thin.....etc What he has done is made a nice looking, sounding exhaust . More power to him. Expect he is Over selling.
    Kawasaki just stripped this 900 down. The Z900 makes 121HP from the factory. THe RS is a bike I would like to own, but the performance end of it would not necessarily be the reason I would buy one.

BadAss Hooligan

First of all, Brock does not use "tricks" to create high numbers. I'm sure that folks have fooled dynos to inflate numbers but I can assure that he does not, Brock has more integrity than anyone I know. His business' future depends on it.
    I don't have to defend what he does but I surely will.
    When I dropped my bike off I stayed there for the initial dyno runs. Brock drained the fuel out and ran the bike until it died then filled it up with Shell 89 and that's all it had ever seen until he mapped for VP MR12.
    After break in, he changed oil and filter with Kawasaki full syn 10w40 that I supplied.
    No thin oil, no low levels or other "tricks".
    He has used 0w oil & additives but not on this bike....period. Brock could have used an old rear tire laying around for light weight and inflated the numbers but he didn't and he ran oem tire pressures through out his testing.
    Brock's mods must be able to closely repeat to insure no happy dyno, his lively hood depends on his honesty.
    And for the record, my bike broke 130hp with MR12 so no race fuel numbers have been used.
    Also, like you stated, I did not buy this bike for the performance, that's why I have other bikes but an honest 15-20% increase in power & improved drivability is not a bad thing in my book.
    Dan

WHY I STAND:

BadAss Hooligan

First of all, Brock does not use "tricks" to create high numbers. I'm sure that folks have fooled dynos to inflate numbers but I can assure that he does not, Brock has more integrity than anyone I know. His business' future depends on it.
    I don't have to defend what he does but I surely will.
    When I dropped my bike off I stayed there for the initial dyno runs. Brock drained the fuel out and ran the bike until it died then filled it up with Shell 89 and that's all it had ever seen until he mapped for VP MR12.
    After break in, he changed oil and filter with Kawasaki full syn 10w40 that I supplied.
    No thin oil, no low levels or other "tricks".
    He has used 0w oil & additives but not on this bike....period. Brock could have used an old rear tire laying around for light weight and inflated the numbers but he didn't and he ran oem tire pressures through out his testing.
    Brock's mods must be able to closely repeat to insure no happy dyno, his lively hood depends on his honesty.
    And for the record, my bike broke 130hp with MR12 so no race fuel numbers have been used.
    Also, like you stated, I did not buy this bike for the performance, that's why I have other bikes but an honest 15-20% increase in power & improved drivability is not a bad thing in my book.
    Dan
    Doing the numbers via Brocks analysis we are happy campers and a pocket book $1450 lighter? Correct?

BadAss Hooligan

Nice CF wheels!!! Did Brock install?

BadAss Hooligan

Yes sir, I'm a happy camper.
    Thanks, Brock installed the cf wheels the day I went up there. I think they look good too.
    Dan

WHY I STAND:

BadAss Hooligan

Yes sir, I'm a happy camper.
    Thanks, Brock installed the cf wheels the day I went up there. I think they look good too.
    Dan
    That's what really matters. Even though the numbers don't add up.
    According to his dyno # on his website, he got 116hp with all the required hard/software.
    If you take Kawasaki 109HP rating. It boils down to a 7HP increase, not bad. Brock isn't lying, he is interpeting data that is beneficial to his marketing of his products. Not knocking the quality, just his interpetation of the facts.
    Nice bike ride it fast and safe.

BadAss Hooligan

By the way what is the diameter of the down pipes?

Thread Hijacker
    Fun City so Cal. on the West Coast of our U. S. of A.

Re: Who is going for the new Z900RS ~ pretty sure buds are legal here ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacohatt View Post

We are not allowed to ask yet . . .

Name:  Z900 c10.jpeg
Views: 264
Size:  241.4 KB

BadAss Hooligan

Skandix, I'm not sure where you're getting the 109 from Kawasaki, Kawasaki USA does not provide hp ratings & even if they did it would not be rwhp, it would be crank horsepower.
    In one of Brocks videos it shows a 109hp pull but that was after only the first hour of the ecu flashing with Don Guhl.
    My bike on Brocks dyno had a 101hp base reading bone stock. Apples to apples....my bike, his dyno.
    Base=101, Brocks S2B=116....15hp gain with the airbox. More, like mine with pods & tune.
    The numbers do add up.
    The meg system starts around 1.5" at the head and steps up to about 1.75" before going into the collector.
    Dan8

WHY I STAND:

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Who is going for the new Z900RS ~ pretty sure buds are legal here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Red, View Post
    C10 actually found one at a dealership? None of the dealers around here have them. All sold.

Member# 787

BadAss Hooligan

Skandix, I'm not sure where you're getting the 109 from Kawasaki, Kawasaki USA does not provide hp ratings & even if they did it would not be rwhp, it would be crank horsepower.
    In one of Brocks videos it shows a 109hp pull but that was after only the first hour of the ecu flashing with Don Guhl.
    My bike on Brocks dyno had a 101hp base reading bone stock. Apples to apples....my bike, his dyno.
    Base=101, Brocks S2B=116....15hp gain with the airbox. More, like mine with pods & tune.
    The numbers do add up.
    The meg system starts around 1.5" at the head and steps up to about 1.75" before going into the collector.
    Dan8
    Ok, sorry if I might have mislead anyone. It was not Kawasaki.
    I originally stated other sources.
    MCS reported 110HP @8.6K
    MCN reported 109HP @ 8.6K...etc
    Brock reported 101HP with less then what 50 miles on the Bike?
    109HP isn't out to far for a proper broken in bike.
    Brocks web siteNothing against you Dan. Brock has told the truth, but you have to dig for it.
    115HP vs 109HP is what I see.
    Also Brock does make a nice system as stated earlier.
    Kawasaki has nothing left in this bike for the tuners out there. Maybe that's why we haven't seen other Tuners jump on board?

Mod/Admin

Dyno numbers are only good when they are off the same dyno with the same operator.

King of Kazmania

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo View Post
    Dyno numbers are only good when they are off the same dyno with the same operator on the same day.

Fixed

" 'tis far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
    - Someone

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on,
    or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    - Someone else

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, DO WHAT YOU SAY