+ Reply to Thread
    Hooligan

Time to move on…

Mixed emotions today as I watched my trusty Y2K 1100 leave in the back of a stranger’s truck. In almost 18 years, many adventures, and over 98,000 miles, the bike never left me standing. Awesome bike that I will always remember fondly!

I expect to continue to “lurk”, as this is the best Forum I have ever known. The people in this OA have been outstanding over the years, always at the ready to help fellow Rexxers and pay it forward. After nearly eighteen years of checking in every day for the latest tips, jokes and hot females, I don’t think I’ll be able to go cold turkey. So, carry on…

ZRXOA rules, ride safe!!!

Born In The USA

Re: Time to move on…

Watching an old friend disappear down the street can be hard, but there can be other bikes to ride and enjoy in the future.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

President Emeritus

Damn that's a hard one to take, many have made this sad mistake, hope it works out for you. Glad you're not leaving here.

2009 Hooligan of the year

So. Now that your ZRX is gone, what's going to replace it?

Screwed

Cecil..........Largo, Fl.........do you ever see "BertZRX" down there?? He said he was without power for a week due to the hurricane......did you get hammered at all??
    I've screwed over 13,233 ZRXOA members in the past.......who's next in line??
    See "Products Made by Members" Forum (SS Engine/Body Bolt Kit).....ROK Straps & now ROK Dog Leashes, SOXz Moto-socks, Jacket Caddys.

RIP 12/24/17

That's really sad, I'm not sure I could do that.
    ZRX1224 SF......................JE Racing Hi Comp pistons
    Yoshi FCR-MJN39's.............Maxton Suspension
    Yoshi ST-1 cams................ZRXOA #9643
    Akrapovic headers.............BotM March 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" KAWASAKI " .in Japanese Kanji

President of the ZRXOA

Time to move on…

Glad you’re sticking around, but what’s replacing it (as zrx24 asked)?
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Super Moderator
    I is Approving Stuff

Lurker...

Sometimes I forget people can see me make the jerk off motion when they're talking to me...

Thixotropic Hooligan

Ain't happening here, no way.

No reason to leave ever.
    Do your own thing but don't touch mine

http://www.acepoxy.com

Member # 10

Hal #8 RIP

Hooligan

Thanks for all the well wishes. I won’t be leaving the Forum anytime soon. I will aid to the confusion when necessary, and oh the beautiful women and witty jokes, or is it the other way around. (I can never remember if I like my meat tender and my women juicy or vice versa.)

As for Bert… I met up with him years ago and did the Clermont Ride with him. Nice guy. We got stopped by the Man for speeding, but no tickets.

As far as current ride, I had too many, so I gave the Rex to my son for a Christmas present. He loved it and washed it every day, or so it seemed. Then he started lusting for something shinny and younger, and bought himself a bright red Fireblade. He’s picking it up Tuesday. Then I sold my Sportster Sport (is that a redundancy or what?) cause I rarely rode it, and traded my BMW K1200RS (sailboat) for a S1000R.

The ZRX was on CL for 20 minutes and the phone rang, he came, he saw, and it left that night along with all the leftover parts I had laying around the garage.

The ZRX has been a great chapter in my life. From getting run off the road the first month I had it and smacking it into a tree, to riding up to Ann Arbor and back in ’09. The Valley View Ferry, Tail of the Dragon, the elk in the Cherokee… the two screws in my hand will remind me every time it rains.
    Attached Images    

RIP 12/24/17

I've only had my ZRX four years, and I know I'll never sell it, it's like an old friend. The only bike I'd like to consider for a stablemate would be a H2 Ninja. But then I think for the price of that I could buy a newish Z1000 and spend some money on it.
    The red BMW does look nice, I'd like to try on
    ZRX1224 SF......................JE Racing Hi Comp pistons
    Yoshi FCR-MJN39's.............Maxton Suspension
    Yoshi ST-1 cams................ZRXOA #9643
    Akrapovic headers.............BotM March 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" KAWASAKI " .in Japanese Kanji

President of the ZRXOA

Time to move on…

Congrats on the S1000R! It’s a great bike, and awesome that you’re gonna stick around here.
    Last edited by AV80R; 09-24-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

WOW 98K miles should at least kept it to break 100K But it might no have sold so quickly with 100K

All good things do come to end and for sounds like you and the ZRX had some outstanding times together... maybe one you wish you didn't have.

Glad to hear you're still on 2 wheels but most of all your still with the best forum on the planet.

Good luck to you in the future and be safe

Wayne

BadAss Hooligan

And if you miss it, you can buy one of these stock low miles 1200 R that pop up regularly and start a new adventure all over again.