+ Reply to Thread
    Hooligan

Got a Chonda 250.

Figure I'll try a "Chonda" RPS Hawk 250 for $1299 shipped in a crate to my door, had it for 2 weeks now and 630 miles. AND it gets 75mpg, replaced chain and sprockets with japanese manufacture. And a new Mikuni VM26 carb. Run really good on trails and gravel roads with this Honda CG clone engine (pushrod)Name:  20622091_10154806097720983_1449674375356473648_n.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  87.8 KB
    -99 ZRX1100 Mods:Jims_rex shifter upgrade, Kerker system/Race baffle, Greg Couch fork brace, Front forks:Racetech 1.1kgm/10W oil. Rear: Bitubo shocks.
    Kwick parts: 4+ Advancer, Tensioner tamer, No-flo's, petcock o-ring.
    I run on Pirelli's and Tuffoil.
    ZRXOA Member#9679
    Haosen Hawk 250 Dual sport (aka Chawasaki)

Stuffed Up

Re: Got a Chonda 250.

I have a few things with the CG125cc clone engine, damn things are near indestructible. I change oil every 500kms (dunno what that is in miles - not many?) and havent had any issues.

Check every bolt and apply red loctite liberally!

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Hooligan

Yeah I used blue loctite on every bolt I saw when I assembled it out of the crate, so far so good. Changed all the fluids, fork oil to 15w, engine oil to Rotella 15W40 even before starting it, then adjusting the valves. It has been broken in really nicely.
    -99 ZRX1100 Mods:Jims_rex shifter upgrade, Kerker system/Race baffle, Greg Couch fork brace, Front forks:Racetech 1.1kgm/10W oil. Rear: Bitubo shocks.
    ZRXOA Member#9679

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereagle View Post
    Yeah I used blue loctite on every bolt I saw when I assembled it out of the crate, so far so good. Changed all the fluids, fork oil to 15w, engine oil to Rotella 15W40 even before starting it, then adjusting the valves. It has been broken in really nicely.
    Yeah I give mine a good 1-200km break in - up and down in rev range (dont sit on revs for too long and not not revving the ring out of it). User manual suggests 25km run in!?!?!?!!?!

2007 - Ixil SlipOn Exhaust, BW Headers, NoFlo's, Uni Pods, +4 ELS Advancer, FP Jetting

Hooligan

This user manual recommends 500 miles breakin period. I've had 4 oil changes during that period, I believe it's been done properly now
    ZRXOA Member#9679

Stuffed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereagle View Post
    This user manual recommends 500 miles breakin period
    Must be from a different China factory!

Hooligan

Thinking of getting one. Are these by any chance the CSC models?

Hooligan

No the CSC are slightly different and considered a little bit more upscale in quality as their TT250 model is counter balanced (AND 50 state legal), these Hawk 250's are made by Haosen. But for the money they are pretty decent bikes when ya upgrade some of the basics stuff. So for a total of 15-1600 bucks it should be a fairly reliable woods runner.
    ZRXOA Member#9679