+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

Ceramic coatings

I saw a blurb on "My Classic car" about a ceramic coating called Dr. Beasley's formula 1201. Applied it to my wife's 2017 Subaru Forester, and my 2018 Honda Civic, and wow, it looks as good or better than any wax I've ever used. The cars look amazingly good even after being driven in the rain, but I wonder if anyone else has used these (types) of products. Can you "stack" ceramic coatings? In other words apply new ceramic coating on top of previously coated surfaces? The coming winter is forecast to be pretty nasty, and I'd like all the protection I can get!
    "Nothing is good or bad, thought makes it so"
    William Shakespeare

1970 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassator "Way back machine"
    2001 ZRX1200R "Green Meanie"
    1999 Honda VFR Interceptor "Red menace"

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Ceramic coatings

I contacted the company, Dr. Beasley's, and was told that you can "stack" ceramic coatings, but, after a couple, you won't notice much difference. I'll probably add a coat before winter to both cars. I've gotten really good with a buffing wheel, going to go over my VFR and see if I can make it look like new (already looks really nice) I tried it just a little on the part of the tank that gets rubbed by your pants and jacket, which was a little dull, and WOW, so I'll buff out the whole bike and try a ceramic coating on it next. As I approach retirement, I might try "paint correction" as a side gig, for some "mad money" (bike money).
    "Nothing is good or bad, thought makes it so"
    William Shakespeare

1970 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassator "Way back machine"
    2001 ZRX1200R "Green Meanie"
    1999 Honda VFR Interceptor "Red menace"