+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flipped pics

BadAss Hooligan

Flipped pics

Just for curiosity: How comes that sometimes pictures posted correctly rotated in a post suddenly appear flipped by 90 deg CCW when I revisit the post a couple days later?
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Flipped pics

Many times, pics posted from phones will not display properly. Why

Observation: The pics I've posted directly from my computer have never 'rotated'.
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

2009 Hooligan of the year

Yep, it's typically a phone thing. Pics I've taken from my phone and uploaded to my computer, then posted from my computer to a thread will sometimes end up rotated. If I view the thread via my phone the picture will show correctly.....sometimes.

And in many cases editing the photo to rotate it won't fix the problem, why not I have no idea.

In some cases it is necessary for me to do a screen shot of the problem photo and repost the newly created screen shot photo to the thread.

The rotated picture problem on this board seems to be getting worse and worse.

BadAss Hooligan

I've sometimes helped folks by downloading the 'flipped' photo to my hard drive, opened it in my photo software, flipped the pic to the correct orientation, saved the rotated pic, then re-posted it to the thread. It's a PITA but it's seems to be the only way to correct the image.

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager but any photo software would probably work.
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

2009 Hooligan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Big Harry View Post
    I've sometimes helped folks by downloading the 'flipped' photo to my hard drive, opened it in my photo software, flipped the pic to the correct orientation, saved the rotated pic, then re-posted it to the thread. It's a PITA but it's seems to be the only way to correct the image.

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager but any photo software would probably work.
    I've used that technique as well. Sometimes it works, sometimes is doesn't.

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I think the pics concerned were uploaded from the iPad, so it might be the 'mobile' problem.
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy